Phinigel - TDS keying problem. (Will impact other TLP's)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by RainbowCane, Feb 5, 2020.

1. RainbowCane Elder

@Devs this is a fresh post about correcting TDS flagging for Phinigel and other TLP's on shortened unlock timers. The other post was removed due to too much bumping and not enough grinding.

Basically the keys need to be changed to only require 1 click each for the first Tier, instead of 4 clicks. For the second Tier it should be changed from 12 clicks required, to 6 clicks required (2 full clears) to unlock the final fight.

If nothing is done, the expansion will begin with only 2 fights available for the first month, and then the final fight not available until the very last month of the expansion.

This will lead to a very bland / content poor expansion if not addressed. In the past keys have been changed to require less total raids for full flagging. This change would be in-line with previous changes.
    Jelo, Froger, Darchon_Xegony and 4 others like this.
  2. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Actually, the first 15 days would be locked to the first event and the chase event assuming no changes are made (Day 0, 5, 10, 15 -- 15 unlocks 2-4) instead of a month. A further 15 days to obtain access to the final event of the zone. This is assuming raiding on the day of launch and off lockout.

In spirit of the "staggered progression" the development team wants to see, I suggest the keys generated that are clicked should simply be doubled upon event completion. This would reflect to a 5 day unlock for the subsequent tier (events 2-4), along with a 10 day unlock for the final event (event 5).

This would also prevent the need to change the achievement as it currently stands.

The two items that need their generation doubled to fulfill this:
    Arx Mentis #1 Reward, "Fragment of the Citadel Key"
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=121573

Arx Mentis #2-4 Reward, "Fragment of the Apitarx Key"
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=121961
    Jelo, Briano, Froger and 5 others like this.
  3. Darchon_Xegony Augur

This definitely needs to be addressed before the March patch. There is only one zone of raids in this expansion and being limited to only 2 level 105 focus dropping raids would be lame for the first two weeks of lockout raiding
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  4. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

This definitely should be looked at. Seems like quite the bottleneck for a tlp server.
  5. RainbowCane Elder

I agree that changing to 5 and 10 day timed lockouts would be great. While it might be true that it can be done quicker by raiding on lockout, all of the other guilds remaining on the server raid a set schedule besides your own.

Regardless of what method of fix is implemented, there definitely needs to be some change made, and I would love to hear confirmation from the Devs that they are at least aware of the issue and thinking about the solution.
  6. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Changing it into a timed lockout would probably be too much work, just simply doubling the keys generation linked above is a good, quick resolution. This is in line with what it was changed in VoA with book clicks giving more credit, requiring two full clears of the tiers to reach the end boss/subsequent tier.
    RainbowCane and Rogue001 like this.
  7. Darchon_Xegony Augur

It is worth mentioning that in TDS you only have a single raid zone and a single tier of raids.

Every other expansion has multiple tiers of raids and I can understand wanting to slightly delay moving between tiers by putting keys in. But the TDS keys were just put in to slow down live servers.

On TLPs I think it would be best to just quadruple the key drops in TDS and then people can just clear through the zone with the only delays being your ability to defeat the actual content.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Rogue001 Lorekeeper

I agree, doubling the value of key clicks needs to be done. These last two expansions had a lot of issues with unlocks, it would be great to get ahead of this one proactively rather than reactivity.
    Skuz and RainbowCane like this.
  9. Zipe The Healer

I wonder how this will affect us:

Source: Game Update Notes: May 15, 2019 https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...update-notes-may-15-2019.257785/#post-3791142
    Warrior007 likes this.
  10. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Will more keys solve this? They will be giving more keys as TDS is included in the mentioned game update in May.

(Since they stack, and you will get more than one, I think the answer is yes!)
    Skuz and Warrior007 like this.
  12. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Can you go ahead and change the key drop from a system that scales based on 3-6-9 months from release to it just being in the final 9 month situation immediately on TLP servers.

Servers that make it this deep into EverQuest expansions don’t have guilds that are behind in raid progression. Guilds on TLP servers either do the current content or die. This is due to group gear quickly eclipsing past expansion raid gear and just limited pools of players always wanting to move on to the newest thing.

It doesn’t make any sense for the system to scale based on 3-6-9 months removed from content releasing. In order to help progression servers stay healthy the system should just immediately jump to the 9month final state when the expansion launches.

As an example there are no guilds doing HoT or VoA raids on Phinigel. Rarely some offnight crew may do one or two raids for spells, but there aren’t any raid forces that are relying upon these increased key drops several expansions later.

There are however 4-5 active raid forces clearing current content on Phinigel, and having keying be made a non-issue would go a long way in ensuring they have the best chance to make it to live expansions without stalling, withering and dissolving.
    Boze likes this.
  13. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Yes! For TDS, if simply the keys linked above are doubled, they will expedite it to a possible 5 day (Events 2-4) and 10 day (Final event - 5) expansion completion.

Could you confirm that is what those patch notes do - at least double the keys?

Thanks!
  14. Ngreth Thergn Developer

it uses the same doubling script. So the notes above are true.

"On progression servers these events will grant more progression keys as soon as the expansion unlocks, and add additional bonuses after each of the next two expansions unlock or at 3 month intervals, whichever is faster."
    RainbowCane and Skuz like this.
  15. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Fantastic, thanks! Double the keys will indeed align it with the other expansions. I'm not familiar with any expansions past TDS, this does solve it for this expansion.
  16. Numiko Augur

Now if they would double raid coins as well I would be really happy!
    Skuz likes this.