Bard the Pointless Class

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Cloud the Third, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Cloud the Third Augur

How do you parse what damage it is really doing? Sometimes I hit for 50k and sometimes I hit for 10k so If I get the buff and hit for 100k how much is from the buff and how much is just my normal damage? It is hard to parse but you could just assume it is always doing 90k but that doesn't mean it really is unless a dev was to say it always does 90k. It would be nice if it was proc damage with a name and that way the parse could tell you without quest how much damage it was really doing.
  2. Niloiv Elder

I have some thoughts about this, but I want to look at my data on my home pc so I dont give inaccurate information, but If Lucy's raw spell data says it's unresistable, why do we need a dev to tell us information we already know to be true?
  3. Sancus Augur

It's not very difficult to figure out by parsing. One way to do so would be to run a really long parse, look at the change in average hit, and divide that change by the % of hits that were affected by Troubador's Synergy (1 hit per proc, so that would be # of Procs / Total # of Hits). The easier way is just to test with something that does consistent damage. It's trivial to do that with spells (just take off variable foci), but since you're talking about melee hits I gave my pet enough minimum hit damage mods that he always hits for the same value. Here's his normal hit distribution without Synergy:

[IMG]

Now add in Synergy:

[IMG]

98778 - 8778 = 90,000. It's adding that amount exactly every time it procs.

Edit: Oh, as an aside, the SPA on the spell focus (462) would apply less than 90k to DoTs, but the focus has a limit of 0s max duration so it cannot be consumed by DoTs/DoT ticks. Therefore, it's not an issue for Troubador's Synergy. If that limit didn't exist, it would apply 90k / (Base_Duration + 1) damage to DoTs specifically (but again, it is limited so that doesn't happen).
    Tucoh, menown and Niloiv like this.
  4. Niloiv Elder

Thanks, Sanc, I was pretty sure I had some parsing info at home (or I would do some thing really fast) to clarify, but you had a visual aid! /bow
  5. svann Augur

Well, you could equip a rusty dagger and see your damage go from almost nothing to 90k+.
    edit: ok Sancus already answered better.
  6. Cloud the Third Augur

Clearly your parse data doesn't look right if your hits are always doing exactly the same damage. 8778? Can you not crit?
  7. Tucoh Augur

[IMG]
    I don't even know how I came up with 400k.
    Niloiv likes this.
  8. Sancus Augur

... What?
  9. Niloiv Elder

^
  10. Sancus Augur

It's a chart of normal hits (i.e. non-criticals); the purpose was to show that the change was always consistent, which is a lot easier if the hit being modified is always consistent. The same thing happens with criticals, with the caveat that I didn't take my luck off so half of my crits were lucky and therefore variable. Removing lucky crits (had to do this in Excel b/c Gamparse doesn't have the option), here's what the critical hit frequency looks like:

[IMG]

126917 - 36917 = 90,000.
  11. Szilent Augur

The haste being duplicated is a red herring. It doesn't matter. Pretend neither one of them does haste at all, because every player has access to Burning Salads.

Margidor+Margidor is the correct choice.
    Jennre and Sancus like this.
  12. Cloud the Third Augur

Ok so you are just removing some of the hits from the parse, guess that makes sense then.
  13. Niloiv Elder

I apologize, I wasnt intended to make a red herring. You had referenced "overhaste" so I put that there, as I thought that is what your main drive was about (I'm now guessing that it was just to reference Aura of Margior). My point was that you gain only a minor upgrade in flurry; so, in a group setting either can be fine, AND I said that your advice was really good and if he used that he would see benefits in his group.

I agree that Margidor + Margidor are optimal for a melee group, but a lot of groups are hodge podge of classes, and if you wanted to do resource aura to drop a resource song in your melody for GROUP, it's generally fine (unless you have just melee of course).

PS: I didnt know we had access to Burning Salads! what dressing choices are available ;-)