Fixed Internally Bug in the logic that calculates qualifying recipe counts

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Eyashusa, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Eyashusa Lorekeeper

I wanted to open a thread in this forum. This was semi confirmed before ToV launched. Hoping now that we are past the first patch we can get some feedback on any further progress regarding this issue.

Eya
    nitrocutter, Mesil, Leigo and 24 others like this.
  2. niente Developer

Can you be more specific? What's your skill / recipe count etc. and what are you not seeing/expecting?
  3. Eyashusa Lorekeeper

This is for another person in my Guild on BB, that I was working with to get to 350.

---
    Dzarn - Developer
    Thanks for the report. I was able to review Digriz's character data to confirm there's likely a bug in the logic that calculates qualifying recipe counts.
    I can't give an ETA for a fix but I've entered a ticket to look into the issue.
    ---

In JC he has more than the number of recipes needed to complete and it is at 349. In Black Smithing there are not enough unknown recipes left to get to 350.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

I believe there should be enough recipes to complete blacksmithing (if you are using the correct list?).

I cannot confirm it, but it seems like the number needed to max 350 is based off a % of the recipes available not a static number to hit. We had "confirmed" the number of recipes needed on different tradeskills, then we were having people confirm a higher number of recipes needed to max 350 when TBL was released.
  5. Tobynn Augur

I maxed Smithing 350 without running out of recipes. I still had 15 recipes for Bazu and Magnetic that I did not need to make.

Maxed Jewelcraft 350 with 12 OOW augs as yet unmade (citrine, howlite, kyanite, etc)
  6. Gabrieles Lorekeeper

I had this issue as well. I filed a bug report on old tool and even had a guide look at it in game with no success. I had to complete every recipe in fishing to complete 250 skill. Have had to do well beyond what all the TS parsers say I should in other skills to get to 350. I have wondered if a possible cause could be buying AAs to extend skill cap past 300 before you have done the spam skill ups to get 300 skill.
  7. Moege Augur

Seems not to cause trouble, all my AA were bought long before I even started the tradeskills. Most of them I did just enough to get epic. 350 jc/baking/fletching/research/brewing 250 fishing without hiccups.
  8. Eyashusa Lorekeeper

The first clue we had was for JC based on the number of recipes completed he should have been at 350 and was at 349. Mind you I had just helped another person max their JC and had # completed recipes they did within about a week. For smithing he hit 320 and I knew the recipes he had been working on, so I asked for his list. The tools I have created should have had him closer to 338 so we are talking 350-400 recipes off, hence why I stated not enough recipes left to finish.

Eya
  9. ShadowMan Augur

Oh. I thought I was making the trade skills I hadn’t finished easier by waiting. It’s actually harder now? Could have sworn Ngreth said at like eok launch that all new added recipes could advance a skill up but not count towards the cap. So if it took 900 recipes to max it in 2016 that would be the same in 2020. It’s just instead of doing 900 recipes out of say 1200 you had more freedom to do 900 out of 1500. But instead it’s scaling so you now need 1200 out of 1500?
  10. RPoo Augur

I too had this issue. Doing my tradeskills to 350 worked as expected but while doing another took significantly more combines and running out of the list and having to wait for new recipes from more expansions.
  11. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

I don't believe scaling is the way it should be working on my current and guildmates experiences. It should be a finite number of recipes that gets easier over time as the available recipe pool grows.

I've yet to find someone that i wasnt able to resolve via doing maybe one extra recipe for some reason - but that doesn't mean your experience isnt valid. i'd love to try to help track this down further - could you email me a copy of the JC outputfile for the person having the problem to adetia@townshiprebellion.com?
  12. Baldur Augur

It should be a finite number of recipes that gets easier to achieve with every expansion release, otherwise TLPs are screwed when they hit EoK.
    svann and Mukkul like this.
  13. Morigaine Elder

Niente- we now see the bug is confirmed. As someone who recently started the 300+ journey, I would be very curious to learn more. Can you briefly articulate what was confirmed and the scope of the bug? All players, all skills, specific recipes, etc?

Any insight you can provide is appreciated.
    Moege likes this.
  14. smash Augur

Got a question, since it has been confirmed it is bugged, there are for sure players who now got less in their skills compared to what they really should have.

Will there come a fix, so people will be able to get up to the skills they really should have ? And if so, how will it work. I mean if they now have used all the recipes, but am not at 350, there no way they can get to 350 unless some script will be run
  15. Morigaine Elder

With the most recent patch and data migration complete, would it be possible to get an update on this one? While “something” has been confirmed, we don’t really know what and can’t test or provide feedback.

I realize this was a recent one and knew it wouldn’t be in this most recent patch but it seems like a good time to discuss now.
  16. Mukkul Augur

It takes close to 1280 recipes in Jewelry to reach 350. I reached 349 skill at 1255 recipes. How many recipes have you learned?

Side note, hitting 350 in jewelry is a problem because so many recipes in that tradeskill use "legacy" ingredients that no longer drop, or are very rare expansion-wide drops that you need a lot of.
  17. Aanuvane Augur

There are 20 recipes "that count" that have the "legacy" nihilites that cannot be performed unless you're a really big hoarder (I already used all my stash).
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Aanuvane Augur

Also, if I counted right - it took my alt precisely 1282 to ding 350 in JC.
  19. Eyashusa Lorekeeper

Can we get an update on this issue, original dialogue started in Oct 2019 and 6 months have passed.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  20. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

I am curious where this stands as well.