Lost tell window

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Xenthus, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Xenthus New Member

I was moving some things around on my UI and i think i put the tell window out or reach or something. Ive rebooted, relogged, reloaded UI. I cant get the tell windows back. if I uncheck "Tell window" in options they will come in the general chat window but if "tell window" is checked the tells dont appear anywhere. i would like to figure out how to get the tell window back. I like it. any way to recenter chat windows or bring everything back to center if it is off screen? any help on this one?
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Try swapping to a few different resolutions.
  3. Xenthus New Member

nope. used all resolutions. any other ideas?
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

tried windowed ?
  5. niente Developer

Couple ideas:
    - If you have 32 chat windows (or tabs) no more can open (this might crash you).
    - If you look in UI_Soandso_server.ini your tell window is one of the [Chat X] sections.
    You can update these settings to move the window, followed by relogging (or typing /loadskin default). You might be able to tell which window is the broken one if the bounds are outside your screen resolution.
    Code:
    [Chat X]
    XPosWindowed=?
    YPosWindowed=?
    WidthWindowed=?
    HeightWindowed=?
    Fanra and Dzarn like this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Can't you just open a new chat window (r/click in current window and select new) and send the chat there (using filter which is another r/click in window) and then put it where you want it on the screen?
  7. smash Augur

I wonder if it is possible there can come an option in right mouse on chatwindow, to remove the X in top right corner.

I often accidently press the x which then closes down the chat window. And I then have to reopen it, and then set all the filters back as they were
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Tried locking the boxes? I know you cannot move them if they are locked not sure about closing.
  9. smash Augur

They can be closed when locked