EQVR--Update

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by shattered_dream, Feb 2, 2020.

1. shattered_dream Journeyman

So I am back...with a new link!

East Karanas in VR....

(Original video for those that missed it..South Qeynos..which i need to remake since i fixed those issues in this video already)

NON-VR version in an MMO engine (I fixed the tree/fog shader issue present)
    Aldren, Nukester, Duder and 6 others like this.
  2. enclee Augur

Incredible videos and amazing work.
  3. shattered_dream Journeyman

Thank you! Labor of love right?
  4. Pip Developer

You know it! This is awesome!
    Tropi, minimind, Benito and 2 others like this.
  5. Gesiah Elder

Wow! Amazing :)
  6. shattered_dream Journeyman

Thank you.
  7. shattered_dream Journeyman

Just wait until I get the griffawn and wolves/spiders roaming around...Oh, and Broon...for the VR version that is
  8. Gio-Cefalu Augur

This is awesome! I can't imagine how long it must have taken for you to put all this together, and I think it's amazing that you used Unity, too. I think that engine flies under the radar, but it's a really robust and capable engine.
  9. shattered_dream Journeyman

Unity has come a long way.
    EK took me the longest, I remade it at least 5 times to get the trees and terrain looking that way. I am still working on trying to get some grass in there but with the huge open zone it is still very heavy and drags down the frames.
    I am almost finished with East Commonlands as well. I am having issues finding good huts, but otherwise I have the zone and the tunnel completed.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  10. shattered_dream Journeyman

Since someone else is working on a VR version, I commented again to drop it at the top for those to see that apparently missed it. Maybe that guy can contact me and we can make something together faster than separately. Been at this a long time trying to make sure to use updated graphics, not just zone ports. (otherwise why do it??)
  11. Binxx Journeyman

Hey there, just curious if you're still working on this project? I happened across your post after doing a search for EQ VR. Like you, that's how the world looked to me when I first played it back in 2000.
  12. uberkingkong Augur

This looks cool, this is what I think of when thinking EQNext. He makes it have a EQ Landmark vibe. Really awesome.

It still has the EQ theme/graphics too, usually when people do remake/updated graphics it loses its vibe. But this is well done.