The obvious xp problem

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran 99, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

So tell me did it take you much longer to level this expansion?

LOL if they wanted levels to take longer they wouldnt give so much exp on the progression tasks. They want everyone to do progression to level not for levels to take longer. Your factual error has been corrected. :)

The big issue is it takes much longer if you don't do all the progression and want to grind some of your way to 115.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Took me 11 days, but my internet was out for 4. Took me maybe 20 hours. I did lots of random things.

110 took me around 4 hours
    105 took me around 2.5 hours
    100 took me around 2 hours

So yeah, took me longer.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  3. Whulfgar Augur

BWHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAA
  4. Whulfgar Augur

For those of us who have played from Original EQ. We know what it was like. We know the truth of the matter of how bad xp grinds were back in the day.

We can not explain it to some one who thinks they know it all yet were never there to see it first hand. I've washed my hands of that individiual. All they do is argue to argue. They provide zero facts. You have even provided a direct link to an actual discussion of the exact topic at hand from the exact time frame. And all they got is "Na-huh that never'd happened" ..

Good work man you have literally proven this individual to be 100% wrong.
    Caell, Duder and OldCa61 like this.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I know I run a casual guild and I had people hit 115 in a couple of days.The did do all the progression though. So interesting.

So you record how long each level increase took you are is this as you remember it?

And were you doing these levels in just a regular group? Just wondering how much killing you have to do to get 5 levels in 2 hours.

But hey I guess Daybreak intended you to take 20 hours instead of 4 hours.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

LMAO

Cant remember who pointed out he always trys to bring this up. They were clearly right.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

In the end, if you enjoy the game, play it. If you don't, do something else. Lots of different ways to enjoy this game. BTW, is EQ available in the PRC?
    Aenvar, yepmetoo and Whulfgar like this.
  8. Tappin Augur

I’m sure lots will end up filling their time slot up with something else if this continues.
  9. Whulfgar Augur

Not a single person will quit over this. Mark it down.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

I can still hope. :)
    Whulfgar likes this.
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Even if they did, would still forumquest.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

Hehe very true. I have no idea if anyone here will quit. I'm just joking around. So much serious stuff in the news that I enjoy coming here to just kid around a bit.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  13. Tappin Augur

The original he ll levels were fixed prior SoL. I want to say around end of RoK. And noticed I said era. It’s was the bug fix I was referring to not some stupid con change. I’m sorry if my memory isn’t perfect.

Now knock it off with the con change, I don’t care about it. Please take note it referenced two disjoint dates, not one.
  14. Erashir New Member

I have to agree with everyone that posted about xp being terrible. Until this expansion you could reliably get much of your experience from grinding. Now you can't. It is a huge and unwelcome change to the game. Also, beginning level armor not being usable until 115? Ugh.
    Annastasya and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  15. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

There's really no xp problem in EQ. Do your quests, go kill stuff, the xp will come. Plus there's a lot of other things to do in EQ other than getting xp. For example, I got my Artisan Prize a few weeks ago. That's better than a few percentage points of xp any day. I got into TS big time recently and I find it much more enjoyable that just grinding. Sure, I still go out and grind, but I'm close to maxing out my AA's so I'll need something else to do. TS are the ticket, at least for me.

Another thing you can do, is go help guild members. Just helping them you'll get xp. Being in a group the xp is faster anyway.

Enjoy the journey. You'll be max before you know it and have nothing else to do except log off till the next expansion.
  16. Tappin Augur

Do you honestly believe what you are saying?
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  17. Smokezz The Bane Crew

If you're still refusing to do the tasks... you're going to have a really rough time. The majority of them are VERY easy. You ummm, kill things. If you're going to stick to this "OMG I CAN'T DO THESE, I DEMAND YOU CHANGE THINGS FOR ME"... you'll be spending a lot of time here whining. Things change, get used to it.
  18. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I find things to do that I enjoy in EQ. It's a long ride, have fun.

I dinged 115 in early January, mainly molo. So it can be done, if you try.
    enclee likes this.
  19. enclee Augur

On the flip side, people that enjoy grinding out mobs aren’t feeling rewarded for their efforts. So, you advocate finding a path for fun but arguing against those that want the reward for their path of fun re-evaluated.

In the scheme of the expansion, is leveling a problem? No. It’s a different approach this year and players will have to adapt. Some people benefit more than others, specifically those that are good at the game and those that can group.

The current system is going to run into pretty large scale issues, in the upcoming months as the player base starts to drop off.
  20. Tappin Augur

Compared to previous installments, the amount of experience give upon first completion of missions, is by definition an outlier and indicative of a problem. So for all those people saying there’s no problem with the way experience is given, it’s already fact that a problem exists.

I get that some people want to log on for raids and log off (and this model supports this), but it’s purely greed and punishes those who can’t get the missions complete in a reasonable amount of time.