Ligament Slice causes mobs to run?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Myca775, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Myca775 Journeyman

It has a blind portion to it but I could swear it was just to have them stand there, do they run? haven't had that issue happen but heard from one other they run away
    akanna likes this.
  2. Izzard of Bertox Augur

I’ve been trying to figure out what the heck was causing this. Had to abort several fights as the MOB turned an walked away from me.
  3. Myca775 Journeyman

I won't mind it so much if that's intentional I just won't use it in dungeons unless the snare part 100% lands, I was moloing the orcs in Mines and I've always used Ligament cause I know it has the accuracy, ac and snare debuffs but not once did a mob run away from me.
  4. Ted the Mechanic Journeyman

The intimidate skill will occasionally cause mobs to run if like most rogues you have added it to rotation for its stun effect. Dunno if it's vestigial code from the original effect, but rarely it will cause certain mobs to run. Some blind effects can cause mobs to run as well. I'm not sure about the Ry'gorr mines, but in CC the mobs are all coded to run at 20 percent if solo just like original EQ/kunark/velious. Blast from the past, not sure if intended, but I love it. New kids might not be familiar with dungeons where every mob runs. /cackle
  5. Myca775 Journeyman

Yes I've always known about Intimidate causing them to run, I mentioned that to the player that claimed he didn't use it and said it was Ligament Slice that caused it, even now im in Mines and using Ligament everytime it pops, idk he must be mistaken then
  6. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I had one run on me once, but I was using both intimidation and ligament slice. I stopped using Slice after that, and stopped using Intimidation (for that session). I haven't had it happen since tho.
  7. Ganlaen New Member

I noticed this beginning to happen with the patch prior to ToV coming out. I have Intimidate in one of my spam keys for obvious reasons, and about every 2-3 missions in GMM, an orc would get feared. Previously I had done literally hundreds of those missions without ever having that issue. Happens in ToFS now maybe once every few hours of fighting. It's not common, but it does happen consistently. They must have changed how Intimidate works, and actually let it fear again.
  8. Ted the Mechanic Journeyman

I think it's the old 1 percent chance that the devs like to use. 1 percent of the time, the old fear effect happens instead of stun, or something to that effect. Or possibly it's a 2 part effect, and 1 part gets resisted. /shrug
  9. Skecpa Journeyman

I was fortunate enough to have it happen to me in Rygor just a few minutes ago... It's definitely Ligament Slice that causes them to run, as soon as it wore off it came back. I was grinding the living miners when it happened maybe the alive ones get scared when they can't see.
  10. Coronay Augur

This is a very annoying bug
  11. kyong Augur

Happened to me first time last night outside of Gorowyn on a Sarnak lol.
  12. Belexes ForumQuester

It isn't annoying to me. Love it! When I am moloing with my rogue and they run away in slow motion, I got their back facing me. Death comes swift.

I can't imagine why a rogue would complain about that. :)
  13. alycin Journeyman

Intimidation doesnt cause mobs to run, for years now. Its a fear, but its freezes them in place. scares them stiff if you will. Everyone should be using it, especially after they added the focus aa for it. For zerkers for instance it adds 50% damage to their frenzy skill.. every class is different, but its for sure a DPS loss if your not
  14. Coronay Augur

Am only complaining because its lead to a couple wipes in CC and Rygorr Mines when the mob just takes off aggroing everything
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

Thank you. I appreciate learning more about Rogue skills.
  16. Izzard of Bertox Augur

Just happened to me in TOFS. Was moloing 2 MOBS. One ran and got friends. It wasn't pretty.
  17. Myca775 Journeyman

oh it is awesome and love it I was just verifying it was Ligament Slice that causes them to run
  18. Bahdah Augur

I don't use Ligament Slice ever, my fellow rogue uses it, and we were wondering wtf is fearing.. good to know now that is annoying.
  19. Izzard of Bertox Augur

That rogue ^ is cray cray.
  20. Izzard of Bertox Augur

Another cray cray rogue ^. O.O