Fixed sprite spawning bugged in GD ?

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Anihilator-Emarr, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Anihilator-Emarr Journeyman

bunch of different named undead in normal area i kill to spawn these guys, went through over 200 mobs and not 1 sprite, im trying to help a friend catch up in progression, and this is slowing us down
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Seems changing the look of the zombies is preventing the dervs from spawning.
  3. dinozo_povar Journeyman

I spent a few hours in GD after 1/15 patch.
    No sprites on track.
    We killed lots of cadavers, and anything else nearby.
    Never saw dervish / windchill sprites.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Anihilator-Emarr Journeyman

tons of marrows =/ tuned up wrong mob spawn rate too
  5. Anihilator-Emarr Journeyman

3 hours now, 3 sprites
  6. Razorfall Augur

Does this mean you're going to be spamming general selling kill rights for kronos? :p
    Anihilator-Emarr likes this.
  7. Anihilator-Emarr Journeyman

sounds like a plan
  8. Absor Developer

I looked into this. It's not technically broken, they spawn at the proper rate. However, we usually use unique names for placeholders, and some of the rares in the expansion have placeholders with names that are the same as the "basepop" of the zone. So it is likely that the four guys you are killing are often the wrong guys. Will fix for next update.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Sprites for this quest

https://tov.eqresource.com/lakeeffectsnowdevils.php

Are classed as rares?
  10. maxwell Lorekeeper

The dervishes are not rare: Its a mercenary task that after killing cadavers in the NW area would respawn as wind sprites, before patch I would get 3 to 5 Windchill sprites every 15 mins, after patch have killed for several hours on multiple days in same area as before and 0 dervishes, so by updating the undead models the Cadavers no longer respawn as Windchill sprits therefore preventing updating the mercenary task.
  11. Dwimmerlaike Elder

We couldn't finish the task either after the changes.
  12. Lianeb Augur

I 'heard" this works better in a /pick
  13. Kynsha New Member

In the spots where the dervish used to spawn, now skellys spawn instead, which never used to spawn in that area. So they may be spawning at the "proper rate", but you moved the spawn spot inside a cave or something where nobody can find it. It's not like they were that easy to find before unless someone told you.
  14. Teppidar New Member

They now only spawn in one location. You are looking for "a frigid cadaver" mobs that spawn at the top of the zone NW right next to the water fall on west side. the mobs around those cadavers, and the cadavers themselves, are the PH for the windchilled sprites.
  15. Glynrol New Member

Spent a couple of hours today trying to spawn them. Not one ever appeared on track. Use whatever euphemism or verbiage that you want, but it's broken...
  16. Axxius Augur

A frigid cadaver. That's what is ph for the sprites now.
    CrazyLarth likes this.
  17. maxwell Lorekeeper

This is still bug, no one should spend 4 1/2 hours killing Frigid and restless Cadavers in NW and got ZERO sprites to spawn.
  18. Qbert Gallifreyan

I think one of these posts around here mentions the dorfs in the caves are the placeholders now.
  19. maxwell Lorekeeper

NW on map by the waterfall
  20. MiataDriver Augur

I saw some up today in the dwarf mines in the southeast, sadly this was after I already completed the task. I was able to finish the task by just killing mobs in the far northwest, it was slow going, but they did spawn.