Raw Velium Ore

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by SonOfABiscuit, Feb 2, 2020.

1. SonOfABiscuit Augur

Honest question: is it intended that raw velium ore is as rare of a drop as it is? Just wondering because it's used in like 90% of TOV combines.

Thanks.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Its not rare.

Kill mobs.
    kizant and Axxius like this.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

Orcs drop it quite often...make sure you're killing the right mobs.

Now the pelts, on the other hand...
    Yinla and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  4. Cloud the Third Augur

I have like 300 of them they aren't rare. The rygorr ones are a bit more rare only have 1 left after a few failures in the earring combine (takes 6 to make purified velium which is used for earring) due to dropping from alot less npcs.
  5. Daedly Augur

Hmm, I found the the RyGorr ones almost annoyingly common. RNG can be a, well you know.
  6. Maedhros High King

This is 100% the opposite from what we experience on Cazic. I think I have gotten about 5x as many Rygorr ore over the Raw velium Ore.
  7. SonOfABiscuit Augur

ive got stacks of the rygorr ores. almost never see the regular velium ores.
  8. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

raw velium is like a 1 in 5 drop in my experience. give or take for RNG.
  9. Morgwen New Member

Can also try ghouls in EW. Pretty common drop from my experience.
  10. Greymantle Augur

Hm my experiance is the Rygorr ore drops in multiples pretty much every time it drops. The velium ore always drops singles. That being said the drop rate is not that bad on the 'std' ore. Would not object if it was increased, as yes it or the powder is used in just about everything.

Pelts on the other hand...
  11. svann Augur

Made all my armor, gave away 22, and still have 92 without even farming it. Just lucky I guess.
  12. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

I have several hundred that the guild has turned in as I do all their combines. Pelts and silks are rough but ore is fine. Just some bad luck on your part I'd say
  13. svann Augur

Though I havent actually been trying to farm these, if I was Id guess on rygorr mines. They are miners so you should expect them to have ore.
  14. Cloud the Third Augur

They have this cool website called magelo that you can search for an item and it tells you the rate of drop for items and who drops them.... it is really cool tool...
  15. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

Working on my 2nd stack of ore, mines are not the zone to farm it …. go figure. Its all about the mob type.
  16. svann Augur

Magelo is really awful on rate of drop for most items. When you see items saying 1 drop out of 2 kills for a particular common mob type you should understand that that is in no way a valid measurement.
    Duder likes this.
  17. Cloud the Third Augur

Well that is common sense but you at least know they can drop it. Until you get 200+ kills the % isn't really useful. And you also have to deal with patches changing drop rate so it is more for just finding who can drop it even though sometimes the mob that drops something could be changed and it is wrong now.