Pet Peeves What's yours?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dyna, Jan 23, 2020.

1. LesserArchi Elder

Line of sight placement for high flying units.
    Such as Phoenix (in Stratos) and mosquitoes in HA Gribbles for example.
    Why is the line of sight sphere placed so low on the floor?
    Just little deep or hump on the ground and you get the “you can’t see the target” message?
    It can be right for some mobs like slime, little crawling critters, etc.
    This can be very irritating time to time.
  2. Bamboompow Augur

The steamsuit illusion item bought with Daybreak bucks works wonders.

As for pet peeves, I am still annoyed about the riposte nerf. Which is more or less saying that game nerfs that materialize in order to keep on using bargain server hardware maintained by the Clampett family are a pet peeve. Guessing proc nerfs are next to come out of the ground like a'bubbl'n crude.
    Vumad and eqgamer like this.
  3. Windance Augur

Having a group member die in combat and their corpse poof half way across the zone.
    Quantom likes this.
  4. Celephane Augur

People that use "than" when they mean "then" or "an" when they mean "and". Most have spoken English their entire lives, learn to use it.
  5. Cimbaeth Elder

My number one most annoying pet peeve: Wizard Alliance. I guess more pet peeves would be: people that fail a raid emote almost everytime, people that use terminology from WoW in the game and discord (asking for a raise instead of a rezz) people that ask for an entire quest line to be spelled out in general chat instead of using google, and evac leaving me behind and taking the rest of a group to safety while I die :p That last one might just be a "lets make everyone laugh at the dead wizard" feature in the game.
    Kurage_of_Luclin and Celephane like this.
  6. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

My pet peeve is TS tests. In the brewing test. I need to make a Grandmaster's Brewers Corker. So I check out what I have to do, I need to make a corking device, which is tinkering. I'm a high elf mage so I do not have the tinkering skill. Considering this is a TS test, what does tinkering have to do with my abilities?

So I made a gnome enchanter and promptly made a corking device for my mage. Which actually will come in handy with all the imbued, enchanted and magic items I'll need for trade skills.

And my biggest pet peeve. No fairy merc or pet illusion. I want my cute fairy girl, NOW. :D
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

People that expect EverQuest to be designed the absolute lowest skilled player in the game.
    Froglok, Shanarias and Nennius like this.
  8. svann Augur

MA/MTs that target the puller so they can use /assist to pickup their target. Im not always targetting the one Im pulling. Use /xtar 1 instead please!
  9. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Carpets are great mounts, and skeletons are the best model in EQ, but skeleton's riding mounts is kinda wonky since they are crouched.
    Froglok likes this.
  10. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

The 'Flying' carpets that don't fly.

Looks like I'm levi, but go off an edge and die.
    Froglok and Nennius like this.
  11. Dyna Elder

I would think there should be great content for all kinds and people of all abilities. I know we used to have many young kids on, and there were many handicapped enjoying the game.
    Bamboompow likes this.
  12. Smokezz The Bane Crew

There is. It's just not every expansion anymore, due to budget... the game is enormous.
  13. svann Augur

There is content for all abilities. It seems to me that the design goal is that there is easy content and it progresses to hard content. When you come to a point where the content seems too difficult, stop and think about what is the problem and what possible tools or tactics you could use to solve it.
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  14. Knighted Journeyman

If you actually see it in first person, you should be able to see it in the game.
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  15. eqzekisdead Augur

I want to be able to open and close bags while casting spells reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    niente likes this.
  16. Risiko Augur

Just for the record:
    • SoW = "so". It's not a pig
    • Luclin = "lucklin"
    • Erodite = "Yer O' Dite". Stop calling them "Ur a dite"
    • Erodin = "Yer O' Din". There is no such place as "Ur adin"
    • KEI = "K .. E .. I" It is not a freaking "key" for a door
    • The stabby class of EQ is spelled "ROGUE". Stop calling them ROUGE. That is a shade of red.
    • It's PORT or TELEPORT. It is not a PUNT. This isn't football.
    • Kunark = "Kuh Narc". There is no "coo" in the name.
    My biggest pet peeve with MMORPGs in general (not just EverQuest) is that so many people just feel the need to cheat these days. It's a game. People should on average want to play the game TO play the game rather than just to lollerskate beat it because they have cheats. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to download a cheat or pay for a cheating service. You're not special. You're just lazy.
  17. Snack Augur

Just get one of those high elf dudes from the people in PoK, close enough.
    Roxas MM likes this.
  18. JacLuc Lorekeeper

My biggest pet peeve is having to shrink my pet over and over because someone else casts shrink when he was already shrunk and he grows again.
    Kurage_of_Luclin and Vumad like this.
  19. Sheebea Augur

EQ peeves :
    Pet cannot keep up while traveling on a mount.
    Spending hours spawning a rare mob to have it die within seconds from another NPC. Erg Bluntbruiser, Lieutenant Midraim for example. Got the tracking spawn on Erg.Ran to him.Was engaged with a spider.Was poisoned. I got the kill statement,but did not get credit for Hunter Ach.
    Pets pathing with levi is a mess.(when attack command is used)
    Shrink and/or illusions gone if evac'n in same zone.
    I have a PC on TLP server.Has Krono on em in backpack.I cannot log into the server to activate the account.(silver account)
    Fanfaire in Calif.I moved out of Calif.Ya can't pay me to go back to that messed up/overtaxed place.And yes, I have been to Fanfairs before in Vegas.
    Not being able to kill a merchant who refuses to sell to me! /sigh, the old days.
    Stated earlier; Looking clearly at a mob and get the message "You cannot see your target"
    Виктор Феликсович Вексельберг doesn't play EQ!
    Cross-server SPAM.
    No UI support for 4K monitors. I have a 65" OLED.Have to sit a couple feet from it to read anything other than chat.I had tried .exe properties to adjust the resolution.Tried the Video Mode in "Options" .Defeats the reasons for owning a better monitor.
    Daybreak Games is more concerned with profits than enforcing it's EULA.
  20. Cadira Augur

Type /blockspell add pet 3393 2203 21849 13838 16879 345
    Knighted likes this.