Why hasn't TDS unlocked yet?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Galliana, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Galliana Elder

It's several expansions old, expansions have traditionally unlocked progression when they are no longer current. What's the hold-up?
  2. Elyee Lorekeeper

I think it is by design and intention since the Traveler Achievements for the Chase Loot Torn Efreeti Boots is locked behind this
    Whulfgar likes this.
  3. Whulfgar Augur

Have a sneeky suspicion they know exactly that..

And just wanted confirmation because they working the boots right now.
  4. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

I hope it stays locked! It is not hard.. its annoying, its EverQuest... not FreeStuff or EasyMode or ImLazyDoItForMe
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Personally I think this has more to do with the TLP servers.

Phinny just got CoTF, next expansion in a 2/3 months time will be TDS.

They could well have taken the decission not to unlock them so Phinny and all future TLPs have to do the same progression Live servers did.
  6. Xyphen Maximum Augur

I think that assumption was based on the fact he/she said it was "several expansions old"
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

I know that's the dev argument (this isn't directed at you)...and it's total BS. It takes longer to do the LDoN traveller achievement than TDS progression at current level if you happen to get a bad run of random zone generations in LDoN.

The TLP argument is also bogus. Unlock TDS now, and then just code it to unlock on TLP servers when ToV is unlocked.
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Progression unlocking is not related to FTP expansion unlocking. They don't happen at the same time.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Also, if you're 110, you can solo all TDS progression in like 8 hours of play. Just go do it.
    Vexana_Lanys and Smokezz like this.
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

That's not the Dev argument. The unlocks would not affect the TLP servers at all. All of the unlocks like this are tied to the expansion SKUs. April 2013 Underfoot unlocked, on the progression servers Underfoot would unlock during Rain of Fear; HoT unlocked the following year and the progression servers it unlocks during CotF; VoA in April 2015 and on progression servers during TDS; RoF was the 2016 unlock with TLP servers getting those zone unlocks during TBM; Call of the Forsaken unlocked in 2017 with the TLP servers getting the unlock during EoK. So had they unlocked TDS in April 2018, then the unlock on the TLP servers would have been during RoS.
  11. CrazyLarth Augur

If you can zone into the 1st TDS zone its unlocked. Go do progression if you want to get to higher zones. PS> you can do the TDS raid from the 1st ZONE to get that zone traveler for
    Arx Mentis

if your only doing Prog for Travelers that this is one Prog you can skip using the raid quest.
  12. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

4 hours of play, 4 hours of waiting between consecutive hails.
    Vexana_Lanys likes this.
  13. Razorfall Augur

I snorted when I read this. Hails were by far the worst part of the expansion.
    Vexana_Lanys and Yinla like this.
  14. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The Expansion become free is utterly different from the Expansion being unlocked. Expansions being unlocked refers to access to the zones being unlocked from doing progression to zone into them. TDS was scheduled to be unlocked in April of 2018; previous expansions had been being unlocked since 2013. For some unexplained reason the Devs turned off the scheduled unlock.

Also, not everyone can solo or molo all of TDS progression even at 110.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Hard to tell when the decision not to unlock happened. Cotf didn't have locked zones nor did VoA or Rof.
  16. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

This is pretty genius... I never thought about using the raid zones like that. Cheers to you, son!
  17. Morigaine Elder

For this specific case, I don’t remember what is required to request the raid, but if you know someone who has done group progression, the Confronting Calix group mission can also be utilized to flag for explorer.
  18. CrazyLarth Augur

well the
    Plane of War

zones are still needing flagging or if your not flagged you get a DD.
    the only change I thing they should make for TDS is to be like TBL zones you can banner or campfire in if not done the flagging. That would not work with Plane of War because that option is available you just have to survive the DD.