which server to play classic/kunark leveling on?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kaelz, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Kaelz New Member

looking to reroll on a server for leveling in classic/kunark which server still has ppl leveling in these zones to group with? Not looking for raiding AT ALL. I have various toons above 60 scattered around servers, just more into leveling a monk or cleric (something I have not yet done) and haven't been around in a while so don't know the scoop on the TLPs
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

None of the current ones. Check back in a month or two for the 2020 set of TLPs, almost certainly 1 of them will start in classic.
  3. Gladdius Journeyman

if you absolutely want to play classic and kunark, Mangler has a solid pop and is still in luclin. so would be the closest you can get till the new tlp (likely in march)
  4. sumnayin Augur

Don't listen to ignorant people, on a few TLPs I started new characters during Luclin and Velious and both had plenty of groups to join even as a useless druid. Point being, Mangler is still pre-PoP and has plenty of people leveling up to at least do more than solo.
  5. SunDrake Augur

If you just want to take your time and enjoy 1-60 content then a server that already has a Bazaar open is a great fit. Can also find potions, ports, buffs rather easily. Gear yourself out with gear that is no longer in use by the players on the cutting edge, find plenty open camps. Those things will allow you more flexibility in exping. Can basically grab one of any other class wanting to exp and do well.

Edit: With that said, Mangler is likely your best option. It has the highest player population and most active Bazaar of any of the other TLPs right now.
  6. modsiw Augur

So, what you’re saying is: There were so few players that groups got so desperate that they’d take anybody, even a useless druid?
  7. Panikker Elder

Agnarr is PoP locked and people will not play in it ! ..what is the point of doing more servers that start on classic EQ ?? . Want to enjoy 1 to 60 ..just stop at Velious content on Agnarr server ..PoP stops at level 65. Can't get more classic that that! I wish they start merging servers and stop doing TLP servers. Selo's is a dead server same as the new Miragul one that gives free 85 toons all ready to go.I think the last TLPs should be a boxing ones just to give those folks something to do. (They have been crying about it for far to long now LOL.)
  8. Branntick Augur

1. PoP isn't classic.
    2. People like to start over on an even playing field.
    3. People like to play servers that have other human beings on them, thus 1 and 2.
    Thewiz likes this.
  9. Panikker Elder

So when mangler enters pop all the "classic" guys will go away? ( I wish LOL ) I think mangler will continue to attract new players from other servers because the community rocks there not because new players are on an even play field. Heck, if someone started a toon today on Mangler they are already NOT on an even play field as others level 60's lol What is starting on a "Even field" even mean? lets see who gets "that" loot first? or everyone one ip boxing with a 56k modem over "fast" dsl lines? LOL And since when EQ does not have real people? That mage army needs a human behind it to work LOL. I think Agnarr is as much classic EQ as any paying subscriber will get ( and with better graphics lol) It will never advance to the state live servers are today. Thus I said on previous post "Agnarr is as much classic as you can get" since DB will never release what some consider a true classic TLP EQ1, Kunark and Velious or should I say "the golden age of EQ". I wish DB released a true golden age TLP!! And even then many people will never be on an even playing filed as those already with the time, means and knowledge to level fast LOL.
  10. Branntick Augur

11. Tweakfour17 Augur

I'm sure every other tlp before Mangler felt the same way. I am pretty confident you will be disappointed if you actually believe what you said above.
  12. Branntick Augur

One day I'll just be hooked up to a machine where I can relive Phinny again and again until death.