Crashing ---- a lot.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kovachs, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Kovachs Lorekeeper

Anyone else seem to be crashing about once a day when zoning? I know I cannot be the only one, about 30% of our raid crashed all at the same time the other day. Is this just a me problem or affecting others too? Would be nice for it to not happen anymore. :)
    feeltheburn likes this.
  2. Xyphen Maximum Augur

I dunno if/doubt it's related but my characters crash once out of every ~5 times they zone. It resets and repeats when I log back in. It makes me think it's related to a memory leak or something, but if you run your logs through windbg it might help.

Here's a snapshot of mine:

3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I'm hoping the below information is still valid. Daybreak (Darkpaw) changes things constantly, so I can't be sure this still applies.

https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Graphics_and_performance_settings_guide#Crashing

If your game crashes with option to send Daybreak a bug report when you zone into a zone, there can be many reasons for it. One reason could be that you run out of Process Memory. This can happen even if you have a large amount of RAM on your computer.
    Daybreak suggests if this happens to (see above under Advanced Options for the settings):
    • Change your "Memory Mode" to a lower setting.
    • Check the "Stream Item Textures".

A post by Jenn Chan, EQ Technical Director, offered the following advice:
    Setting your options to use the "least memory usage" as well as turning on "Stream Item Textures" are the first steps to take to reduce crashing due to out of memory issues (which typically happen when you zone as well as when you've zoned multiple times since you've restarted your client). Additionally, setting "Terrain Texture Quality" to "Minimum" will reduce the crashes as well.
    To report crashing issues to Daybreak, before restarting the game go to the Logs folder in your EverQuest folder and copy the debug.dmp and dbg.txt files to somewhere. Then send those files to equserclient@daybreakgames.com with as much information about the crash as you can think of.
    Pano likes this.
  4. feeltheburn Augur

least once a night on zoning
  5. Shanarias Augur

Once when trying to enter the Standard Guild Hall this week.