Paladin AA on TLP

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Shaeli, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Shaeli Journeyman

So I'm currently playing a paladin on mangler and I need some aa advice. PoP is out soon, but I'm wonder what to go for first after defensive AA.
    Healing? Maz slay undead/fluff aa (like class mount) etc?
    Being a hybrid tank is a new thing for me, so I'm not sure where to go.
  2. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Till the end of time, Tank AA’s will be:

Survival
    Passive abilities, such as heal procs, disc duration, stun focus
    Offensive
    Tradeskill...
    Wulfhere likes this.
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Depends entirely on how you play and how well you handle the content you play in.

If you have zero problems tanking things, then you want offensive things to allow you to kill faster.

If you're taking too much damage, defensive based things.

If you're running out of mana quick but handle things well, particularly when soloing, healing AND mana regen things are good as they make your self healing more efficient.

Mount is a good one, cheap for an instant click near max speed mount (fast as anything but bards using actual song buff or the talendor mount from 2 expansions ago). Also makes all your other mounts instant click too.

If you're running lifetap procs, keep in mind that crit nukes will help you more than crit heal aa, from that source anyway. Lots of options. Focus on where you have a problem first, then work on efficiency.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  4. Wulfhere Augur

A paladin must be able tank what they're fighting in order to win XP. More you can tank, more you can kill solo, molo, or grouped. Trade skills for the Artisans prize and such help tanking.
  5. Lubianx Augur

If you intend on raiding in PoP, I would suggest maxing Fearless.
    Otherwise pretty much what others have recommended