Procs and lag

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Tucoh Augur

This has been a known issue for years now, but every expansion we get a renewal or addition of procs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My guess is that the performance impact isn't that bad. Personally I wouldn't mind at all if procs were heavily reduced or consolidated. There's a lot of ways to skin that herd of cats and I'm sure any coherent approach would work just fine. Bonus points if it doesn't further close the gap between a geared caster and an ungeared one.
  2. Daedly Augur

Between necro's, mages, shaman, enchanters, SK, beasts regular pets and the mage servants and beast version, there aren't enough pets to keep Of Many maxed the majority of the time?
  3. Sancus Augur

If all raids had only one boss target, things would be fine. Most events have adds or multiple bosses where not everyone is attacking the same thing. Necros generally don't swap to adds, and a lot of the classes with weaker pets or swarms don't bother moving their pets to adds promptly (or do not necessarily follow assist - like SKs). TBL especially had a lot of raids with people on multiple bosses (Smoke, Esianti, Empyr 1, Empyr 2), in which case you're really dividing the available pets in the raid by 2 or 3.

I'm not saying it's an insurmountable problem, but I think people might be surprised how many mechanics in raids lead to Of Many hitting for less than max damage already.
    Daedly, Tucoh and menown like this.
  4. menown Augur

I don't think the issue is about the number of pets up, but rather the number of pets attacking the same target? How often do those necro's. Shaman, enchanter, SK, and beastlords swap their pets to adds?
    Sancus likes this.
  5. Tucoh Augur

With my mage group (4 mages, 1 druid, 1 enchanter) I had enough pets to fritz out the swarm pets such that only some of the swarm pets would respond to swarm attack commands. I bet with a raid you're happy to get like, 50% responsiveness on them.
    Sancus likes this.
  6. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Not to mention wake the dead...fast refresh time but requires corpses, has a casting time, and the worst part about it is also the best part...that it's the same model as the corpse. Wake the dead was originally this awesome thing that let you do unintended things (slow or fear unslowable or unfearable mobs) but they nerfed that, and then at a later date it was changed from just one potentially enormous wake the dead corpse, but up to 5.
    kizant likes this.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

The cripple belt from arx seemed to proc way more than the slow belt.
    I made a shammy who had an audio trigger for cripple landing delete it.

I think it proc'd 900 times in one arx 1 run.

(this was from a parse so assuming gamparse was correct, it was about 900 times)
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It proc'd 115 times in a fight fire mission I just did a few minutes ago.

Combined (16) as: A flameling on 1/31/2020

Administration - 179
    --- Banestrike - 13
    --- Blood of Drakus - 1
    --- Crippling Snare - 115
    --- Deflection Discipline - 1
    --- Dissident Fang - 3
    --- Spear of Tylix - 9
    --- Terror of Kra`Du - 13
    --- Touch of the Cursed XXIX - 24

Produced by GamParse v2.0.0.102 BETA
  9. Bigstomp Augur