Lore Equip Problems

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cloud the Third, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Cloud the Third Augur

I noticed they like to put lore equip on alot of augs in ToV. This is really stupid and causes alot of problems. I needed an aug thinking I could use it only to find out later when i tried to put it on that I already had one equipped. So basically this lore equip just caused me to take an aug from someone who could have used it because I didn't remember already having one.

Can they not put Lore Equipped for the group of lore items which is fine but also put lore so you can only loot one of them? I mean I guess for the dps aug it kinda makes sense if you are a class that swaps between 2h and 1h weapons from time to time but for normal equipment augs come on is it really needed?
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Not sure how that is a problem with the game....
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Elyee and enclee like this.
  3. Remien Master

The in game search is pretty sweet. If you type in the name of the aug it will show you if and how many of the item you have.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Elyee and Fanra like this.
  4. Cloud the Third Augur

The game has had advance loot for years and only lets you need items you don't already have. It now lets you need items you have but can't use. I am not going to take the time to manually search to see if I have an item yet so this only hurts others not the player needing it.

It is a setup that is only hurting people trying to get loot not those who have loot.

I may double check and search to make sure I don't have it if I am grouped with friends who need it but if i am grouped with random people i will just need all the augs and delete them if I already have later. Is this not an issue?
  5. smash Augur

No, it is just that you are not willing to spend 1 sec checking.
  6. Remien Master

Could always mark it as never need in the adv loot tool once you get one/amount you actually need.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. Cloud the Third Augur

Well yea if you ever get around to it you could but maybe they should at least give a popup like a no drop are you sure you want to loot this window saying hey this is lore equipped and you have one are you sure you want to loot it? Seems like the loot a no drop item popup could probably be altered to do this or something.

I am just thinking of ways to try to help people from looting items they don't need so people who do need them are helped out.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

It was requested so players COULD get both and swap for situations. I had the augments as lore in beta and changed them on request.

Lore equip is needed for gear so you can own two pieces to combine them for luck.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Would it be possible to add a check when looting saying you are about to loot a lore equipped item you have? Probably a lot of work to do but not so much work to ask so I am asking :)
  10. Arkanny Augur

The only issue i see here is you not having a problem being a major A** to "random" people.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  11. Cloud the Third Augur

The first time i did it I thought the aug was one i didn't have because I didn't notice it was lore equip (arctic weapon aug one). It would be nice for a popup like you are about to loot a no drop item are you sure. Not sure if that would be alot of work but would be nice so you don't do it by mistake.

I do understand wanting more than one for weapons u swap out but not sure how often someone swaps out normal armor augs.
  12. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Let's be honest - a few VOCAL people asked for this and you did it. Most did not ask and some did not want at all. Only the folks who have the fortitude to use multi belts (still waiting on that belt slot in bandolier btw) in play seem to enjoy this. Everyone else I know hates this.

The adding of Lore Equipped for me as a thing was great … allowed me to build large tribute piles while hunting type 18s in Mearatas. I still have a house just full of tribute items. It did also cause me to loot several augs multiple times before I figured out to always check inventory (or have a spreadsheet).

The things that needed Lore Equipped most - the type 18/19 augs - you didn't do and thus many type 18s and 19s were destroyed as "better" ones made themselves available. When it would have been much nice to have a full set and mix and match depending upon what you were doing.
  13. Bobokin Augur

Who does that, really? I check for some things, like no trade wrist items, but not much else.

We get a pop up for "No Trade", so why not a "Lore Equipped" duplicate warning?
  14. smash Augur

The game cannot hold your hand in everything, you need to be able to figure things out on your self, just like in RL
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Elyee like this.
  15. Bobokin Augur

Really, ad hominem condescending drivel? Get a real life.

I'm looking for a solution to the OP comment. I generally don't have this problem because I know most of the items my characters have and need before I go hunting in a zone, but that does not mean it could not be resolved in a relatively simple way.
  16. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Blah. Options are good. Opportunities for customization are good, even if they don't apply to you, even if you are not aware of them, and even it causes something you were not aware of. This is a game , making mistakes is a part of it. How many times have you accidentally broken a mez, ported to the wrong zone, invited the wrong person to group, looted something you didn't realize you would not (or could not) use?

If a person doesn't want to make loot mistakes, it is on them to inform themselves. Or they can play on FV.
    Elyee likes this.
  17. enclee Augur

Open inventory, click the magnifying glass, type the first few letters of the item name and done. It was a simple solution, and already exists in game. These items don’t drop frequently enough for a player to not justify taking 15 seconds of initiative.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Elyee like this.
  18. Cloud the Third Augur

This may not be a massive issue right now but it is going to get worst down the road. I didn't even realize until a few weeks ago that the lore groups on 18/19 augs meant you could only loot 1 of 2 different items. I was looking through them only to realize I didn't have one with accuracy mod from TBL because I had looted another one from the same group so everytime I click need on the TBL accuracy drop one it say you already have this item even when you don't. (I thought the lore groups were there so if you had 2 items with the same affect it would only use 1 of the affects)

Basically now you can't trust anything from the advance loot anyone and it is annoying after spending years getting used to not being able to need an item I already have to now you can't need an item you don't have because you have a different item or you can need the item and already have it but can't use it.

Can we please in the future just not use lore groups unless it is part of something like the earring quest where you are trying to stop someone from getting earring 7 and 8 at the same time.
  19. Natal Augur

It seems to me that this is more of a bug with you than with the game. Perhaps you could address your concerns with your personal dev rather than the game's devs?
  20. klanderso Developer

That sounds like a bug, it should be posted on our bug forum!

This is one of the main reasons for lore-equipped. Otherwise there's no way to fuse two items together if they're lore because you literally cannot fuse these items because you cannot have two in your inventory at once!
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Elyee and kizant like this.