SK Needing Help with HP & AC

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by shadowk28, Jan 30, 2020.

1. shadowk28 New Member

Hey everyone, I have a free to play 110 Sk that I've casually played for a while and I'm at the point where everything is kicking my butt. I have full conflag gear and have upgraded some of it to the new Snowbound gear, but I'm missing several pieces.

My question is what is a realistic goal for HP/AC/Attack for a free to play SK? Right now unbuffed my HP is about 135k, my AC is about 4400, and my attack is about 1450 (I think). What should I get and focus on to increase my HP, AC and Attack so I can handle mobs in some of the later expansions like RoS? Btw, I don't have any augs right now nor do I have any AAs. I'm going to go all access to auto-grant AAs and grind those out.

Thanks for your help.
  2. Monkman Augur

Going gold will help tremendously. Others have said this before and I’m sure some will chime in and say they box a F2P tank just fine but gold access is basically required for tanks.

Almost all relevant augs are prestige, the AA alone will boost survivability enormously. Do you have a current Magelo profile? Would help provide tips on where to start.
    Scornfire likes this.
  3. shadowk28 New Member

Thanks Monkman. No I don't have a Magelo profile. I use a Mac so I don't think I can setup a profile can I?
  4. Monkman Augur

Sure you can
  5. Daedly Augur

I am gonna say, that at 110, you are gonna need to be in the 180k to 210k hp range. I have to assume that being FTP, you are just missing a lot of AA.
  6. shadowk28 New Member

Do AAs add HP/AC and Attack?
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Yes. Some do.

I have a ranger alt, I got it 110, with auto grant aa, and using the new dirt cheap and common ToV tier 1 gear, it has 200k hp buffed. As an example. Its augs are a couple of RoS ones I had drop and tossed it, and ones from the cotf vendors (I ran it in a bunch of dead hills missions with me soloing working on hunters for fun, so had currency).
  8. shadowk28 New Member

Ok thanks. So AAs would help improve my HP/AC/Attack more so than gear? I'm trying to find the easiest/quickest path to being able to actually tank some stuff haha. All Access is an option, but it's not something I can do at the current moment. Maybe soon.Thanks for all your insight.
  9. Thunderkiks Augur

Question, is this character a heroic?
    If so then do the mercenary and partisan tasks in House of Thule. They offer free augments for heroic toons. They aren't much in today's game but are better than nothing.

Next search in bazaar for the currency Remnants of Tranquility and head to TBM to buy the type 5's. You have to have the mirror task done there to see them.
    You can also check on EQ resource page for TBM augs, that expansion named dropped non prestige augs.
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Farm tradeskill stuff, sell in bazaar for crazy amounts to rich people.

Annoying foraged things that aren't crazy uncommon can sell for 5-10k each, for example.

Great way for people with time but lacking cash to make enough plat to buy krono to go gold.
  11. Gio-Cefalu Augur

As others have mentioned, going Gold, even for one month, will be huge. The amount of auto-grant AAs you'll receive will significantly boost your character. There are AAs that boost mitigation (combat stability) and avoidance (combat agility), which make your existing HPs go further. Additionally, there are Natural Durability and General Sturdiness AAs for more HPs. Delay Death also adds more HPs to your "purple" bar right before you die. This has saved me plenty of times so that a healer or merc can hit me with a heal. There are so many other AAs that you will also receive that help with tanking.

For augments, if you have nothing, you can get several really cheap, like Tavon's Polished Gemstone (for head and shoulders slot...not to be confused with shampoo) or Tavon's Burnished Gemstone (legs and feet). That's 4 slots of augments super cheap to get you started.

I also suggest using https://www.raidloot.com/ and filtering by non-prestige items to search for augs that you can easily obtain in older content to fill the remaining slots.