Tradeskills that everyone needs.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kurage_of_Luclin, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Daedly Augur

It's too late for me now, as I have already got some characters there for the 3 odd ball tradeskills. However, I wouldn't be upset if they have the Alchemy to all priest classes, and tinkering to all int casters for a large amount of AA. Maybe poison to all evil races/classes?
    Should expand the pool a little.
    Skuz and Kurage_of_Luclin like this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The worse thing they ever did was give spell research to all other classes, it should have been left as it was origianlly to make spells.
    Elsewhen and Duder like this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

And the Carpal Tunnel symptoms this could help avoid.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Daedly Augur

But who better, than a melee, to write papers on how to cast a spell to all these inept casters?
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

:rolleyes:

LOL - I miss doodling in my book while medding!... That is what I spell book is for right?
    Daedly likes this.
  6. Fian Augur

I assume the complaint is for the new TOV Power Sources. The benefit of the current design is TOV PS don't require any hard to find component. Just 2 diamonds, and 1 raw velium ore. The challenge of arranging the sub combines is what limits their availability.
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  7. Zvenn Just an old monk

you can use a heroic toon from buying the collectors edition and roll a gnome rogue to cover 2 of the 3 sub combines (its what i did) and took a whole 6 hours to get tinkering and make poison to 300 and max out both trophies (and i was going slow, im sure some of you could do this way faster)

heck i know Kurage has at least 2 accounts and boxes as we were in IL together on Luclin and know you have a shaman for the other sub combine...so roll a gnome rogue and use auto combine :) hitting 300 on trades is easy peasy these days.

or there has to be some gnome rogues in RoI that you could parcel items to and they make and send back at their leisure hehe its not like the items are hard to come by
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

So the social aspect would be someone puts item up for sale in bazaar with talking to no one and another person buys it from the bazaar with talking to no one?

I would just go with creating interdependency between characters. Not necessarily socialization. Though I guess the M in MMO is a better sound byte. :)

Don't know how many times I have bought or sold things with people but I never really thought of it as socialization the way most people would think about it. Two people involved in a financial transaction are I guess technically socialization but not in the spirit of it.

But I agree if everyone can do everything then we lose more then we gain.
  9. Angahran Augur

And some of us started trades before there was the auto combine and before almost everything was all in one place in PoK.
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Weird.. the game evolved..
    Goburs and Risiko like this.
  11. smash Augur

so true, was hard on wrist with it. Today it is easy
  12. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

The Alchemy and Poison combines are pretty easy, I've made the alchemy one for a few people now that are at that part. Supplies are the limiting factor imo, I haven't even bothered making anymore regular potions lately since the ore is used in everything else as well.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Yinla like this.
  13. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

I value my freedom of choice and independence. Thus, I will make a gnome rogue, which is but a waste of time, vs rely on others to make what I should be able to make myself, thus minimize wasting their time.

~and Still there is no balance. Just a work around.
  14. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

There is no social aspect involved. There is a lot of price gouging though.
  15. Darchon_Xegony Augur

But really. Can we set the level requirement on Salvage and Tradeskill Mastery AAs to 51 across the board. Leveling an alt to 51 is very easy. Leveling them all the way to 105 so they can max a tradeskill is lame considering many people have no desire in actually playing their gnome, rogue or shaman. Getting to 51 and some AAs should be enough, not to mention all the combine learning and combine spamming to get to 350 and max trophy.
  16. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Nobody in your guild helps each other with trade skills stuff? It would be pretty sad if all your guild mates just default to bazaar instead of using their guild connections.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This, I was thinking the very same thing, were it the case that Alchemists could not Brew, Gnomes could not Smith & Rogues were unable to do Tailoring we would have more interdependence between tradeskills & without that the Gnomes & Shaman (Rogues also but to a lesser degree) have an advantage over any player that isn't one but no downside at all.

I would Prefer a Fully interdependent Tradeskill system where there were class specialties OR racial specialities that promoted more trading on these on a fairer basis - but we are unlikely to see that in EQ, maybe we will see it in EQ3.
  18. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I like what EQ2 had at it's beginning. Each character can have on combat class and one crafting class (then they later added two more tradeskills that you could also pick one of... So you can have combat class, tradeskill class, and secondary tradeskill class. That's the part I don't like about later)

I'm not sure we need more class/race specific. But I like the "free choice"
    Kurage_of_Luclin and Skuz like this.
  19. kizant Augur

There should be a wizard tradeskill where you do things like melt ores by nuking them at a certain amount of fire DPS for 30 seconds. Combat is our craft!
    Ibadan Kun'Tirel, Yinla and Daedly like this.
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The do help each other out but to me I guess socializing is hanging out and talking when you don't need anything from someone.