What ever happened to once per server drops --> Artifacts ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Whulfgar, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Whulfgar Augur

Why they never use this tag on items ? And where / when did they ever ?
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Quite true. Perhaps the few items labeled "Artifacts" should instead be relabeled "Relics".
    Duder and Whulfgar like this.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Artifact meant one per server, then they changed it, and allowed lots of the same item on a server.

I would kill someone for that qeynos kite shield that gave you the title when you wore it (75 AC iirc, in original release!).
    Whulfgar likes this.
  5. Cloud the Third Augur

I own one artifact, forget the name but it is hanging in our guild lobby. It is perfect for me being cloud as it has a image of a storm cloud on the shield. It only has 190 hp / mana and fits back or secondary. It would be cool if all artifacts had a way to auto upgrade to best in slot item in the game forever, every expansion scaling up or something. It would be cool if they were all dropable. I can buy an item and make mine dropable again.
    Nennius likes this.
  6. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Well, things are artifacts without being unique anymore. So couldn't do anything like that.

For example, the bonus class ornaments (like Dawn for paladins), are tagged artifact.
    Maedhros likes this.
  7. Szilent Augur

spending time making artifacts & distributing them has a cool factor, but ultimately is super cool for exactly a dozen people (one per server) in all of EQ

if the artifacts are good enough to care about, you're kiiiinda shafting the other tens of thousands of players

if the artifacts aren't good enough to care about, what are we even talking about?
    Duder and Drogba like this.