Diamondized Precious Velium Ore (type 19 aug raid drop)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kontra, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Kontra Augur

We were just talking about that as well today Yep. The mission chests should absolutely have the same dropchance as rares to drop the group crystallized precious velium ores. This would also be nice for those of us that will be done with type 5 augs soon, as we will still have a viable reason to continue running missions (outside of helping guildies)
    Szilent likes this.
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Whulfgar likes this.
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Hrm. I can consider this. The chest is sorta a special rare, though it is not rare. It *is* a "loot opportunity" like a rare.
    Whulfgar, OldCa61, menown and 11 others like this.
  4. Kontra Augur

I'm sure the majority of the community who are working on evolving earrings would be extremely appreciative to also have a chance at type 18 ores from mission chests! TYVM for consideration Ngreth
    Axxius, kizant and Sancus like this.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Didn't say to make them drop 11 luck augs. Make everyone work to go from 1 to 20! Its a moot point, was just saying.

I'm lazy, I don't have a max luck tbl aug. The way it is helps me.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

If I change the max luck 10 to max luck 20, Everyone who already has the item will have a broken item when we patch. They would have to start again from luck 1.
    That's what I mean by "if I change the number"
  7. Cloud the Third Augur

Sucks you can't look at what the level of luck an item is. Would be nice if you had a 10 luck TBL that quest with a 11 drop + TBL 10 could turn it into a 15 ToV or something at least for putting in some kind of reward for during the previous version.
    Axxius and Lisard like this.
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Its like anything else, you gained the benefits when you had it, when it was current.

I'll tell you what I wish they would do, go back and change the transforming surprises from convorteum raids into illusions like we were supposed to get!
    Axxius likes this.
  9. Cloud the Third Augur

Little different you get raid gear from TBL it isn't replaced with group gear from the next expansion. Given both augs are raid dropped but the work to get 10 in raids is more than just killing a T1 trash target and the item being replaced.
  10. Axxius Augur

Even if that was possible, it would devalue the ToV aug. Everybody would go slaughter now-trivial TBL raid trash and get their TBL aug to 20 luck instead of farming the ToV one.
    Daedly likes this.
  11. Cloud the Third Augur

TBL trash and ToV trash are about the same difficulty wise really. It also would cost 10 fuse tokens to make TBL 10 luck aug and then if it only gave you a 15 luck ToV aug you would have to buy another 5 fuse tokens. It would not be better to go back and farm the TBL token (well unless you take into account that we cleared GD 2x and EW 1x and have only seen 2 luck augs drop at this point)
  12. Tenken Augur

Great Divide: restless assault (raid) trash are dropping stuff (luck/ores) correct?
  13. Szilent Augur

basepop in the zone, yes

not mobs that are part of the raid event.
  14. Tenken Augur

k thanks~ zone must have hated me today :(
  15. kizant Augur

Or maybe combine 5 or 10 regular ores into a precious!
    Jondalar, Ashian, Daedly and 4 others like this.
  16. Axeknight New Member

after failed 4x on Rallos Zerk Devotee's Enhancement and not getting the ore back I almost want to go kill the Crusader in EW as even though I am a SK my Rage of Rallos is up and ready!
    kizant, Ssdar, Axel2 and 3 others like this.
  17. ShadowMan Augur

You should not be able to fail these considering how rare they are to drop and with all the effort put in to even make them. Being able to pick the one you want was great but not if I was to suddenly fail combines that took 2 months to acquire.
  18. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I have done two trash clears in GD (and one in EW which had just 1 luck aug). The first trash clear in GD had 6 ores and 8 luck augs … and still about 50 mobs left in the caves before I gave up. The second trash clear in GD had 2 luck augs and no ore in about the same number of mobs. My guildmates have reported similar wild variations in what drops they saw.
  19. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I dislike the idea of something that might encourage named stealing because they are desperately hunting for ores to convert. Or heavy monopolization of zone areas.

But what about on the group vendor … at say 2000 coin? That's 8-ish full mission runs … so easily 1 per week for motivated folks. And still within sight for those less aggressive. And it gives folks reasons to continue to do missions (which will hopefully lead to more chance for solo folks to join runs) once they have all their type 5s.
  20. Marton Augur

These should not be failing (both group and raid) imo.

I had 2 Crystallized Precious Velium Ore - and failed twice (JC at 350). :mad:
    Yinla likes this.