Question About Language Describing AC and Quad Attacking

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Korzu111, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Korzu111 Elder

Hi All,

I just wanted to double-check.. sometimes when I read a thread or do research online, people will say "1300AC" or a certain amount and it seems highly out of era. Do most people combine their mitigation and evasion into one number?

Additionally, when describing a mob's attacks, people will sometimes say that the mob "quads for 1300" or a certain amount, but that seems out of era, too. Do people count dual wield / double attack as a quad and add up all the damage? Or does such a mob literally hit 4 times for 1300 each?

Many Thanks!
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

While anything is possible (confusion when posting, inaccurate recollections, etc.), I don't know anyone who combines their ac values for any purpose.

Re: AC: What you may be running into is that the ac number was combined in-game for the vast majority of EQ's lifespan (the last three years or so are the split values).

Re: Quad values: that one is a bit more ambiguous, but I have always equated the term "quads for 1300" to four hits of 1300 each. Without knowing what mobs/era you are referring to, this is easily in the realm of possibility. There are current group-content mobs that hit over 60,000 x4+ per round.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Korzu111 Elder

I'm looking at Shadows of Luclin and Planes of Power right now.

Thank you for the insight on the AC.
  4. Funky Augur

as for velious - PoP.. there definitely are mobs that "quad for xxx" meaning they hit 4x for xxx...

example: AoW quads for 400... hit 4x for 400.. (i dont remember what he really hits for, just an example)
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Typically, when mobs in those eras quad'd in the hundreds or 1-2k, they tended to be raid level mobs, or at least mobs originally intended to be for raiders. Most group level mobs didn't tend to hit so many times in a round. It wasn't until around GoD and later when that started to be seen in group mobs.