No Fix Planned Missing/Broken TS Recipes (make poison)

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Izzard of Bertox, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Izzard of Bertox Augur

Dewey and Duder like this.
  2. Duder Augur

3. Poyzen Frawg Augur

But the "pointless" ingredient is in the game …. if it is just Merchant loot … take off the Trade skill flag.
    Daedly and Duder like this.
  4. Izzard of Bertox Augur

The last bug report on this was closed way too soon.

Please consider that there are about 20 total poisons. Several of them do ONLY DD and out of 3 years of upgrades, we STILL use the same one. Saying that there is no vector to upgrade one of the best and only utility poisons we actually use is beyond my comprehension. It cant be made less restrictive, or a slightly better slow, faster proc rate, etc? How about trashing the tens of redundant poisons we never use instead?

Why should ALL non rogues get a poison upgrade and NOT ROGUES? Are you kidding me?

Please upgrade our slow poison appropriately.
    Please upgrade the ROGUE DD poisons appropriately.

So maybe this isn't a bug because it was intentionally designed to suck. So where is the "Not a bug but still sucks" forum?
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

We are not decreasing attack speed any further.
    If I made this poison, it would only be another vector to make the same effect. The effect would not get any better. (this is not a damaging poison)
  6. Dewey Augur

Sometimes (like in this case) the effect doesn't have to get better. Putting it in game means we don't have to go to ROS to camp the tradeskill stuff. Sometimes it's just better to have the item make the same effect with newer components, just to keep us out of old places.

I cussed at you when I was making the faded velium injection dagger for 4 rogues that I know. I was crying that I had to waste my Draconic poison's. Camping that venom in RoS is tedious and just not where I want to be.

Even if you had the combine for the velium to make the old effect. I think we'd all be okay with that. I don't think you understand just how much I hate ROS and don't ever want to go back to that expansion.

So there's nothing wrong with making the component combine and having the exact same effect as before. Anyways it's not pointless if it keeps us out of ROS. How I would love a way to stay out of ROS and make draconic.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

hrm. I meant that dagger to be the most recent generic rogue poison. like Bite of the Shissar XX. That i'll poke at.

I don't mind making a new recipe for the same item, I just know that the next bug I get is that it's the same poison. (It would make "Sloth XIX". I'm not going to waste memory on a new spell or item just to get a new name)
    Duder likes this.
  8. svann Augur

Maybe Im not understanding, but couldnt you just add the old poison mats to the new zones?
  9. Modef Lorekeeper

Ok, I understand you not wanting to decrease mob attack speed any further. But as you stated, it is not a Damaging Poison.

Draconic Poison is. So, rather than mix the discussion up with two poisons at once, will Draconic be upgraded? The pants poison will match Bite of the Shissar XX, which is a poison made by rogues for other classes (though rogues can use it is not the best rogue DD poison.)
    This leaves rogues w/o a 'best DD poison' for two plus years.
  10. Ghoast New Member

So i'm assuming there is no upgrade to Island Toxin Poison then