MegaThread:Top DPS Per EQ Expansion

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lion of God, Jan 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sumnayin Augur

This has to be a joke, You literally have 2 choices from Classic through Kunark which are Fire nuke or Magic nuke...both of which have 0 resist modifiers and get resisted more than half the time. On Coirnav, Yael was the only fight I topped DPS as a mage and I always did because he rarely ever resisted fire. In Velious, the only way you will ever top DPS is a fight where your epic pet can sit in while all melee classes have to back out repeatedly. In ToV, most fights you can't even have your pet sit on a dragon because they will die to breath really fast. Mages also have the worst mana regen of any caster dps at this point, and no way to reduce aggro....even if you start off high on a parse you will either get summoned and die or have to stop nuking to prevent it. There isn't much to know about mages at this point, except stuff like using an earth pet on Vulak
  2. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Nah the Wizards in AoS were never close vs the Trueshot parses in VT. Also keep in mind back on Phinny dots didn't report correctly so Rangers were losing like 30 DPS on the parse. Rangers can also just start big dicking the arrows shots before the mob is positioned and normally that first 5 seconds or so was lost on the parse for everyone but the Ranger. Was always neck and neck with the double mind wrack all gnome groups even without Trueshot.

Nah dude it's 2 buttons and spec Conj

Button 1
    If mob HP more then your mana
    /cast Sir coco
    /cast Ancient Shock of Sun

Button 2
    If mob HP less then your mana
    /Cast Level 59 Bolt

If mob is fire resistance you AE mod rod AFK and cry.
  3. ibc93 Elder

Crazily enough, I actually made 2 videos recently about this topic. Top Melee & Casters DPSers from Classic to Luclin and how they relate to each other. & . Who tops the parse is truly circumstantial on raids. Depends on the raid target's resists, fight duration, raid target's aoes, group design, # of mobs, etc. Some raid mobs have nasty melee debuffs like -ATK or Slows so casters win those fights, some fights are long so sustained melee dps and necros shine over burst dpsers, some fights have crazy resists so melee dps take lead, some fights are short so burst dps like wizards top, etc. Really depends on the fight.

In general, these classes appeared to consistently do well:

Classic
    Melee: Monk, Rogue
    Caster: Enchanter Charm, Magician Pets [lvl 50 cap made nukes hard to land], [or any charmer]

Kunark
    Caster: Wizard, Enchanter, [or any charmer]

Velious
    Caster: Wizard, Necro

Luclin
    Melee: Ranger, Monk
    Caster: Wizard, Necro

I main a bard. I want to mention the time I topped parse in a full raid. Classic era on Mangler fighting Nagafen. I kept a spider charmed for the whole Naggy fight and ended up tied #1. Bards can be number one sometimes in classic with charm and in some aoe scenarios when you add amplification + denon's desperate dirge in Luclin & PoP.
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I don’t get why people care about DPS in classic-LDON. Almost all of these raid events are really trivial and straight forward. It’s not until later expansions with scripted aspects require you to burn out a certain mini-boss or set of adds quickly to prevent a wipe or skip a certain mechanic.

Also magicians are far and away the best DPS from around SoD to some later expansion. I know by VoA they were still crushing everyone else.
  5. ManglerWizard New Member

WHY do you guys keep referring back to Phinny? Phinny DOESN'T matter anymore in this topic. The damage reporting is COMPLETELY different. Wizards damage is now reporting correctly. It was only reporting about 2/3 of their actual damage on Phinny. Your best wizard back then had only 66% of his actual damage reported. This was changed about 2 months after the launch of Mangler / Selos. So even on Selos they would have been at GoD once the change was made.

If you want to make a thread about the top DPS on a server that was relevant years ago and had incorrect damage reporting... by all means go ahead. I am here to tell you how it is now.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

Don't worry dude, we never let facts get in the way of our opinions.
  7. Kontra Augur

@Manglerwizard: you might be taking this a little too seriously/personally lol....

I was agreeing with you, even with skewed reporting wizards were still on top a lot of the time in early EQ
  8. Dailor Augur

9. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

This is entirely false. The only damage that didn't report correct on Phinny was DoT damage. All other spell damage reported correctly if you stood close to the mob. Ironically this means Ranger nukes would sometimes get missed and any wizards that knew how parse works or how to weave in auto between his casts for extra proc DPS or ToT procs were already doing this.

If you're talking about the bug with MoTM that reduced damage done by nukes. No the damage was actually reporting as MORE then it was doing. Then after Selo/Mangler launched it started showing the damage it was actually doing due to a bug with MoTM double dipping. This was changed while Selo was still in Luclin. I'm one of the people that noticed and reported the bug. You're welcome.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

TLP - my own observations.

Gates of Discord - Monk > Rogue > Mage
    Omens of War - Monk > Rogue > Zerker
    Dragons of Norrath - Monk > Rogue >Zerker
    Depths of Darkhollow - Monk > Rogue > Zerker > Wizard
    Prophecy of Ro - Monk > Rogue > Zerker > Wizard
    The Serpent's Spine - Monk > Rogue/Wizard > Zerker
    The Buried Sea - Monk/Rogue/Zerker
    Secrets of Faydwer - Monk/Rogue > Zerker
    Seeds of Destruction - Monk > Zerker/Rogue
    Underfoot - Mage > Monk / Zerker > Rogue/Ranger
    House of Thule - Monk > Zerker/Rogue/Mage
    Veil of Alaris - Monk > Zerker/Rogue
    Rain of Fear - Necromancer > Monk/Zerker/Rogue/Wizard
  11. Mithra Augur

Phinigel mages were fairly dominant in SoD.

Discordant Corrupter Grlax in 540s, 62461k @115668 | Magician + pets 6264k | Rogue 4622k {7} | Monk 4593k | Rogue 4158k | Berserker 3838k | Monk 3766k | Bard + pets 3055k | Warrior 3049k

Head Scryer Oomk in 373s, 46939k @125842 | #1 Magician + pets 6051k | #2 Wizard + pets 4447k {7} | #3 Berserker 3571k | #4 Monk 3505k | #5 Rogue 3188k

Discordant Corrupter Grlax in 534s, 48039k @89960 | #1 Magician + pets 5229k | #2 Monk 4188k | #3 Rogue 3875k {7} | #4 Berserker 3507k | #5 Wizard 3365k

Pallorax the Soul Slayer in 594s, 57886k @97450 | Magician + pets 6150k | Rogue 4489k | Wizard 4269k | Monk 4193k | Berserker 3778k | Warrior 3371k | Rogue 3120k | Rogue 2768k | Bard + pets 2668k

Crystalline Tyranont in 184s, 30033k @163220 | Magician + pets 3149k | Berserker 2512k | Rogue 2457k {7} | Monk 2049k | Wizard 1996k

Crystalline Tyranont in 181s, 30051k @166030 | Magician + pets 3792k | Wizard 2809k | Rogue 2320k

Lord Brekt, Rider of Discord in 466s, 44764k @96060 | Magician + pets 5198k | Wizard 4450k {7} | Rogue 3671k {7}
  12. Fudly Elder

A lot of these results are kinda skewed. I played a wizard in kunark/velious, and I wasn't top DPS. In that era, wizards can do something like 20k-30k damage before running out of gas. If you're in a zerg guild, yeah, that probably makes you competitive for the top spot because the mob will be dead, but otherwise, you'll be relying on clicky dps while melee dps surpasses you.
  13. taliefer Augur

I generally dont get involved in DPS discussions, but if your rangers arent at a minimum keeping up with your wizards on all VT bosses, even without trueshot, then they are just lazy and not casting spells. or been really unlucky with bow drops. with trueshot its not much of a contest. but its an hour+ reuse, so yea.

to say wizards are the undisputed #1 dps class in luclin is misleading. id say wizards and rangers are neck and neck for that top slot. and IF ANYONE IN MY GUILD WOULD ACTUALLY GIVE ME FERAL AVATAR INSTEAD OF THE DAMN MONKS, then I think id feel safe saying I can beat any wizard on any fight in VT 95% of the time. and im not even the best ranger in my guild

this is the first time ive played a ranger, and im really enjoying it. its far from the "afk autofire" class everyone made it out to be, at least at this point. sure you can do that, but you will just parse with those monk and rogue plebs in luclin, behind them if anything.

and just as a side note, during velious. you want to use https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5916 as a ranger. its better than any possible dual wield setup, and its not even close, again providing you actually use your nukes.
  14. That0neguy Augur

30k dmg really?

AoW - 10min fight
    [IMG]
    Mithra and Kontra like this.
  15. ManglerWizard New Member

You are completely wrong. All of the casters DPS shot up immensely after they patched the damage being reported incorrectly. It was reporting only a fraction of the damage until the fix.
  16. ManglerWizard New Member

This is because your wizards are garbage at playing everquest, as are 95% of the wizards on the Mangler server. I have been in contact with knowledgeable people from the best guilds on Mangler. Almost all of the wizards on Mangler are utter trash in DPSing bosses. As I stated before, I am a member of one of the top 2 guilds on Mangler. I can out DPS all of the rangers on any boss fight except Khati Sha, and we have a couple of the best rangers on the server. They know how to max their DPS (aka keeping dots up and trueshotting during puretone with maximum attack buffs).

If any of you would like to invite me to one of your guild raids that I am not locked out too, I'd be happy to demonstrate what I am talking about. I am sorry but the reality is if you don't think Wizards can out DPS rangers on every Luclin fight except Khati Sha it's because the wizards in your guild are bad at everquest as are most people on Mangler in general. Look how badly guilds struggle to clear content that's 20 years old.
    Ulrin likes this.
  17. Fudly Elder

I mean, I didn't look anything up.
    It looks like I did 40k vs idol and 34.7k vs tormax on 10/4/19. When was your AoW fight?
  18. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

This is entirely false. Prior to Selo/Mangler mobs were double dipping spell damage on MoTM bosses, But were reporting as they're were doing the correct damage.There is literally still a sticked thread about it here

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...sion-servers-boss-spell-damage-issues.257294/

"The first bug, which has been fixed, is that spell damage was not being reported accurately. For example, a 300 damage Banestrike was never actually hitting Lord Inquisitor Seru for 210. The damage being reported as 210 was incorrect. It turns out that the real value is 147, and this is what you are now seeing."

On Phinny a 1000 Dmg nuke would say it's doing 800, when it was really doing 640. After a patch at the start of Selo/Mangler it started saying it was actually doing 640. We and by We i mean myself personally and a few of my guildies noticed this while we were doing Lord Inquisitor Seru briefly after the patch that caused the bug. It was fixed like a week afterwards while Selo was still in Luclin.
  19. taliefer Augur

i didnt say they cant. i said its comparable. while not all players are created equal, i hate to shatter your illusions but whatever your "top 2" guild is doesnt have a monopoly on good players. and give me a bard, savagery and feral avatar and no wizard is beating me by any real margin on any fight in VT and id wager any amount of krono you want im gonna come out on top most of the time. if trueshots up, forget about it, it wont be close.

if your rangers are just dotting and trueshotting, they arent even close to maximizing their dps.
  20. Kontra Augur

Emp? I don't remember if it was possible for us to top emp parses (with how careful we had to be with not pulling agro) vs. monks with dual banes and rangers with bane bows...I feel like wizards could though, I just don't remember if we did or not in AoS.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.