Diamondized Precious Velium Ore (type 19 aug raid drop)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kontra, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Axxius Augur

That's not really bad, even if there is a chance to lose it in a failed combine. In TBL you'd get more drops, but they were random. In ToV you know exactly what you are getting. It seems to me that obtaining the desired result in ToV is still easier.
  2. kizant Augur

In TBL or GMM you can kill random mobs all day for a chance at your aug. It's a rare drop that has a rare chance of being the one you want. But at least it's something I can do without a group.

In ToV you have to get a rare spawn to drop a rare item and then win a roll and then there's still a chance to fail. Maybe it is a small chance but I'm 0 and 2 at the moment so it doesn't feel small to me lol. At least for group stuff obviously. I guess for raids it's a little better.
    FawnTemplar, Yinla and Duder like this.
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Small sample size but: it sounds like implementation to sell Draught of the Craftsmen in the cash shop. To lose such a rare drop on a fail will create such train of thought. Pay to win is not ok.
  4. Kuaamil Elder

I'm glad I looted a couple extra on the main when I ran through the trash! I kind of suspected this would be the case.
  5. Ashian Augur

I rescind my prior comment. We cleared the entirety of Great Divide and Eastern Wastes and got only two luck augs, with no type 19 precious ore whatsoever. This drop rate is disheartening and reminiscent of the brief period when the drop rate for the type 19s in TBL got nerfed into oblivion to the point I gave up chasing them altogether.
  6. Sancus Augur

I honestly think the more egregious part is being able to lose the group Crystallized Precious Velium Ore during the TS combine. I completed Hunter of ToV on the 30th of December, and have killed approximately 250 named since expansion launch. I've seen five of those ore drop, and have not won rolls on any (I am generally in a full group of mains).

I imagine, or at least hope, I got unlucky. That said, if my numbers represent the actual drop rate, that's a 2% chance to drop. I believe the stated target is to average a named every 72 minutes (killing one named), and that's with killing PH's instantaneously. That's an average of one Crystallized Precious Velium Ore every sixty hours of camping a single named. If you camp two different named it's 30 hours and three named is 20 hours (again, assuming all ph's are killed instantaneously). If you have a group of six that are all rolling, a member would average an ore every 120-180 hours killing all ph's for 2-3 named. If everyone needs four, you'd average 480 - 720 hours to finish Type 18's for your group.

I think adding multiple layers of RNG to that time requirement is unreasonable. Named are RNG based, drops are RNG based, winning the single drop is RNG based, and now making the item is RNG based. It's not as bad as TBL, and I wouldn't be shocked if the drop rate was actually a bit higher, but that's the problem with adding RNG on top of RNG. At the very least I think the chance to fail the combine should be removed, but I wish there was some form of bad luck protection on drops too. Because having bad luck feels bad :(
    Xeladom, Drogba, Sheex and 4 others like this.
  7. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

I’m almost done with hunters.... Ive seen 1... in group game. I’m in the boat of hopefully something else happens to be able to obtain the rare dropped item
  8. svann Augur

So do I understand correctly that these mats drops are totally useless to anyone that isnt doing the earring?
  9. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Completely, correct. Two road blocks along the way: You need all 6 keys in ToFS to even move the quest along (to be able to make power sources) and you need Scavenger of ToV to be able to make type 18/19 augmentations.
  10. Ruven_BB Augur

Thought about logging in tonight, maybe buy the new expansion, been reading the forums, thank god I took a break and didn't pre-buy the expansion, I haven't seen anything that remotely sounds appealing, this earring with the type 18/19 augs sounds god awful, takes the cake.

I left my accounts active, might just deactivate, not going to buy this crap, not sure I am going to even play going forward.

Ruven
    Whulfgar likes this.
  11. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

CIHYS?

ToV is one of the most fun expansions we've seen in a while. Don't listen to the whines cry about the drop rates... the rest of the expansion is fun and this quest arc is super interesting.
    Jondalar likes this.
  12. Cloud the Third Augur

Well remember TBL augs are lore groups. It is more clear now what the lore groups are so you at least won't have someone loot one aug for temp or later see one that is better for their class and destroy their current one to get the better one. However with failure possible it may still mean the same amount because they fail combines and have to go get another one.

We rarely ever had these augs rot until towards the end of the expansion and I have never seen a luck aug rot.
  13. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Isn't there some mechanism to combine luck augs into one really really lucky aug?
  14. Cloud the Third Augur

Yes you can fuse 10 TBL augs to make them go from 1 to 10 luck and you can fuse 10 ToV augs to make them go from 11 to 20 luck. However unless someone knows something I don't there is no way to fuse TBL with a ToV aug.
  15. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

So if you don't have the TBL aug there's no reason to go backwards... just get the ToV one? As far as I know, there's only one type 22 slot (charm) for extra luck, right?
  16. Szilent Augur

that's correct
  17. Cloud the Third Augur

Yes and that makes me sad for all the work I did with the TBL one being replaced with a better one that takes no work. I could see it being better than the 5 luck version but sad that it is better than a fully fused one. Maybe they should have started it at 6 and done a +2 everytime it fused so it would require 3 ToV augs to equal 10 ToV ones.
  18. Laronk Augur

I'm enjoying TOV quite a bit myself.
  19. Ngreth Thergn Developer

we don;t have the technology to control it that way.
    Always +1. Always "same item" to upgrade. If I change the numbers on an item, all existing instance of that item break. I also can't query the luck to see if you have a 10 for an "upgrade" to a new item.

A new one the way I did it was the only vector available for an upgrade.
  20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Could have just upped the max luck on the fate's accumulator to 20, and then had fate's accumulators drop in ToV.

- - -

Be nice if the crystallized velium had a 2% chance to drop off mission chests.