Please review ToV gear REQ / REC levels

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ayragon, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I would have said 111 required & recomended, so it can only be used by those with ToV, other than that T1 is fine.

T2 on the other hand needs a lower required, can leave the tradeskill as 115 required but there should be something inbetween which T2 could fill nicely.
  2. smash Augur

110-111 also ok, just make the item that is required to make it no drop.
  3. Whulfgar Augur

I see it as this..

T1 grp gear and anything that drops in t1 missions should be minimum of 111.

T2 grp gear and respective drops per t2 missions should be recommended 115 required 113.

T3 grp gear should be required 115.
    Vumad and Yinla like this.
  4. Tucoh Augur

T1 missions drop gear that can be used to easily make t3 gear, why should that gear require level 115?
    Vumad and Yinla like this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This is why haveing tradeskill is as the best gear is bad. Having Tradeskill as T1 as per RoS worked very well.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

At this point we have to assume the gear is set up the way they want it to be or they are not willing to admit their mistake. Another instance where if they keep quiet and wait it out they hope the problem will just go away.
  7. Whulfgar Augur

No mission I know of drops wearable gear that is T3 bro. What I see are the ore's that can be used to make TS gear, And as I said I personally believe T3 should be 115 no exceptions.

I feel that T1 should be at very minimum of 111. Because its ToV based grp gear, and I feel that it should be locked to only those with the expansion and not be able to be worn by anyone who does not have the expansion. Keeping it locked at required 111, would mean if they have no ToV expansion on account, they can not use the gear, as they will be locked in at 110.
  8. Tucoh Augur

[IMG]

I've always thought of gear rec and req as a way to prevent twinking. I could take my box group i beat EoK with at level 105 and take out griklor and farm up the stuff i need to make the gear in eastern wastes. Why should i have to level up ten more times to use it?
  9. Whulfgar Augur

Already answered this ..

ToV expansion grp gear .. should only be useable via those who have purchased ToV expansion.. Thus required level 111..

I don't understand why they even use recommended on anything. Keep it simple an just use Required.
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This.
    I haven't bothered answering because I doubt you care :)

The ToV items have the intended required and recommended level. We do intend that you must be level 115 to use T2 and the trade-skill tier gear and all ToV Raid gear.
    Even if T1 is inferior due to luck.
    Kuaamil and OldCa61 like this.
  11. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I am guessing the next expansion may have 1 less tier of items (i.e. ToV T2 becomes T1 for the next expac)? Which can be a good thing - less muflation, more dev time to missions, raids, etc. The main concern, then, would be having to maintain an xp buffer into 115 if there's no level increase. I've suggested updated Teek tasks as a solution to mitigate death loss.
  13. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

I don't want to do the same three tasks over and over and over every single day because it's the only viable way to stay ahead of deaths. No please.

A healthy boost to mob exp would be nice (not to subvert this thread).

I like the model used in gear this expansion. I also think the rec/req balance is right.... although when I was lvl 114 I probably was a bit less happy about it lol
  14. Forcallen Augur

Idk I always thought you should be able to use the gear you had acquired and not wait 4-5 more levels. When it basically wasn’t needed anymore.

To me the tradeable stuff should be usable at 110. It’s inferior and basically a catch up tier for those that missed gmm gearing. T2 should be usable from 111 on ie you own the expansion and wear it as you acquire on your way to 115. T3 ts being bis for group you make for 115.
  15. Zanarnar Augur

So you intentionally put lv100 rec/115 REQ on T2 gear? Since you stated this is intentional and not a bug, I'm curious why not JUST REQ 115? My theory is it reduces the tribute value of that gear, is that correct? If not, why was that done?

Just curious since it was an intentional design choice, so there has to be some reasoning behind it that would be beneficial to understand.
  16. Marbles Elder

I suppose i just have to accept this game has passed me by. I don't understand the design decisions any more. This, RoS mobs scaling to 'current' level, changes to the way things worked (riposte/strikethrough). Oh well i will continue to play until i don't :)
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

T1 is also inferior because it has 115 recommended. Till 114 its not even an upgrade. But thanks for the confirmation though as I say it was pretty obvious at this point :)
    OldCa61 likes this.
  18. Qbert Gallifreyan

There is no recommended level on tier 2 gear, I don't know why everyone keeps repeating this.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  19. Cadira Augur

[IMG]
    Skuz, Velisaris_MS and Petalonyx like this.
  20. Kuaamil Elder

T2 IS just req 115. The Rec 110 that you're seeing is likely from an aug that has rec 110.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Zanarnar like this.