Fixed Internally Griklor the Restless Raid Bug

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Cloud the Third, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Cloud the Third Augur

He is calling for his mount and not going up in the air he just stands on the ground in one place not attackable. When he hits this state the running under him to knock off doesn't work anymore. Could this be from having to many debuffs on him and when he tries to put on the mount buff on it doesn't have a slot and it breaks?
    Raccoo, svann, Duder and 3 others like this.
  2. Sancus Augur

We had this happen with Valhallah on Firiona Vie as well (can't confirm/deny the cause, but same behavior).
  3. Absolutt Journeyman

Happened to MS on Xegony as well tonight, hit his % and then started walking off and ported to in front of the "castle" entrance, would still emote and show his aura but did not land when under him.
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I don't have pictures, but I am positive I saw the graphic ice spray like from a successful emote during this part of the event when those called ran into the aura… but no success emote.
  5. enclee Augur

Don't have anyone use mounts.
  6. Cloud the Third Augur

How does that affect anything, do you know something about how a player's mount is causing it?
  7. enclee Augur

Not allowing mounts seemed to work for us, after having the issue with it multiple times.
  8. Cloud the Third Augur

We have done it with mounts 2 times so unlikely has anything to do with players being on mount. When he bugs you will see he doesn't get his own personal mount buff so it is more likely an issue with him trying to get on the mount and the buff not landing due to being buff blocked.
  9. Absor Developer

It probably has nothing to do with any buffs on players. The idea that it might be due to him having max buffs would make sense and also explain why it only happens rarely. People also report that he can die from dots while flying, so there is a way to fix both. I'm going to clear his debuffs when he takes off.
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Duder Augur

Couldn't stripping buffs after he takes off still allow for the hypothesized problem to occur? (Him being max buff/debuff locked thus unable to apply his mount buff and unable to take off)
  11. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

It's just an ordering issue … Griklor hits point of flying up … buffs removed … Griklor flies up.. It doesn't have to be Griklor hits point of flying up … Griklor flies up … buffs removed - oh wait. Pretty sure there are several mobs in EQ that have this behavior in existence already.
    Yinla and Duder like this.
  12. Duder Augur

Indeedy ;)
  13. Deillusional Augur

Happened to us on beta, and today on AB server.
  14. Ravanta Suffer Augur

You mean I can't pad my parse anymore? Nice!