The obvious xp problem

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran 99, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Moege Augur

Its a grindfest. You need paragon / collections / hunter done. 3 missions, doing collections and 80% of hunter took one of my alts to 114.6 and that is without him collection any of the collections (It goes towards my main).

Still need 30% kills for the next earring evolve and I am on step 4...
  2. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Did I screwed myself by having a merc up when I got these quest rewards?
  3. Tappin Augur

Either lesson gives out 3 x experience multiplier, or you were killing mobs in less than 15 seconds. What one is it?
  4. ArtremasEQ Augur

There really is no issue with the XP off blue mobs. The levels are large, get over it, (and feel less entitled!) but more than adequately compensated by mission XP.

The only thing really irritating with XP, is the lack of solid camps of White and especially Yellow mobs. P

These always give more XP than blues, especially for evolving. The lack of great camps with high level mobs IMO is the major 'issue' with perceived 'poor' XP. (There are a bazillion camps for blue mobs)

Since January patch where they 'nerfed' velks, (dropping spiders from 115 to 114), and some other mobs, there are very few locations with solid sets of Whites, and NONE with solid sets of Yellows. (Solid being, mostly that con when clearing the camp).

As evolving items is CON based, this certainly slows down Earing evolve for most people.
    Ashian likes this.
  5. svann Augur

Im now 115.999, have all aa's including glyphs and merc, and still have 2 (maybe 3?) earring quests to go and something like 7 type 5 augs to buy yet, and last collection and many hunter. IOW I finished xp'ing way before other content. XP is fine.
    Vumad and Pano like this.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I am exping in the CURRENT expansion. I not only need the exp I need to farm all the group stuff. So going to an old expansion is not an option. You don't need all the group drops I do.

And I have been running exp potions non stop for weeks. I get .034 percent per mob without and an extra 25% with because I am not paying big bucks just to level.
  7. Tappin Augur

Just ignore his post. He’s swarming 4+ mobs a pull, probably 6-12 mobs at a time. It’s not practical for someone who is not raid equipped.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. Borm_of_fv Apprentice

Maybe we can short-hand some of the “O got to 115 in twenty minutes with a 80 Ranger in tattered leather and the only reason you can’t is you are not good” posts with just a quick “big post” or at least tag them so we can skip over your amazing super fantastic patting yourself on the back sessions.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

No idea why he keeps bringing up old zones when the discussion is about exp in the current expansion.
  10. Tappin Augur

Most of my time was spent in ToV, because I needed the drops to make crafted. Spending too much time in old expansions is counterproductive.
  11. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

I think we're going to be friends.
  12. CrazyLarth Augur

yes, you missed out of the a bonus for 6 real peeps.
  13. Natal Augur

Bonus only applies to kills, not other sources of xp
  14. Natal Augur

8.16% per hour killing at that rate. Or about 12.25 hours non stop killing. Assuming you can kill mobs in 15 seconds of course, most groups are not going to come close to that, partly because their dps would not be enough and partly because mob density would cause them to run out of mobs to kill. For me with my war/shaman/rog crew it is more like one a minute, so obviously then it take 4 times as long. ~50 hours per level is a more realistic number if you level solely by killing. That is a LONG time, especially if you are a casual player who can spare on average maybe an hour a day. I think most of them will take around a month to level through 114 that way, taking any exp potions they might use into account as well.

If he is leveling at that rate in a week with simple killing he has to be using automated programs to play for him, it is not humanly possible otherwise.
  15. Natal Augur

The original EQ did not take a month to grind out a level. If it did most people would still be doing that.

Your recollections of the past are not accurate. Historically most of the player base were max level within about 2 weeks of the expansion release, hardcore players were doing it in a few days. And that was through killing. The amount of killing to level in ToV is far beyond any historical precedent.
  16. Natal Augur

In the original game there were 50 levels, so obviously that took longer as a whole. It did NOT take a month per level with someone playing 1-2 hours a day. Most higher levels could be done with maybe 4-5 hours of solid play (lower levels were done a lot faster), not 40-50 hours.

If the game had always had leveling this slow it would take the average player about 14-15 years of only grinding xp (nothing else, no questing, no tradeskills, no raiding, just chain killing mobs) to reach 115.
  17. Natal Augur

18. Filter Augur

There is an issue with the amount of reg exp per mob. I’m a casual player that tries to box all the missions myself because it’s hard to get real players to join a group these days. I 3 box zerker (main)/war/shammy and all T1 ToV gear since I paid a couple million to gear up. This is fine with me and I expect it. My tank couldn’t take the punishment in the crappy gear in T2 so it forced my hand. I prefer to earn the gear but I had to do this to progress. I’m not the best boxer and I use no supplemental programs but I should.

Getting groups is impossible with my limited play time so I have to try and throw myself at these missions until I achieve them. I’ve lost most of one level in all the deaths I’ve had on each toon. This is my penance for sucking which I own. There really needs to be a change in reg exp for players like me so I can get some levels to help improve my chances. Personally I would be happy to keep it the same if the group missions were boxable for me but that’s asking too much.

I don’t want easy mode and I know that the game was designed for multiple real players but that isn’t possible for everyone. I’m asking to try and not pigeon hole players like me but I’m the minority so I guess it makes sense to do this to players like myself. This is a business for the company (whomever they are now) after all. I’ll continue to try and get groups, stop boxing these and give it a go after getting a group with one of my toons, it might work if I don’t limit myself to my main.

Wish me luck.
  19. kroag New Member

Pull more mobs and kill quicker
    yepmetoo likes this.
  20. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info