The obvious xp problem

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran 99, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ummmm 63 hours to a normal person who has a job would be 9 or 10 days most likely. And I still doubt it. Plus most players don't obsessively tweek their game play. And thats not a bad thing if you like to play that way and are able to I am glad you enjoy it. It is just not what the average player faces and the game probably should be set to closer to the average.. not the worst players not the best but a reasonable average.

And if people are talking game play days that are more then 4 to 5 hours and maybe more on weekend they should say so.

Now I have been at least a couple weeks doing more then that and I feel I am closer to the average player then you are. *shrugs* And just the fact you talk about doing a play session of 63 hours indicates you may be a bit more obsessive about games then the average player.

But yeah six days 24/7 autobot play I guess 115 is possible.
  2. Tucoh Augur

3. Whulfgar Augur

He always trying to wedge his flawed philosophy of raiders vs casuals into any thing he does.

Perfect example..He is upset about the xp per kills .. yet STILL finds a way to push that exact narrative its sad really..

Go ahead and take six ---> group <--- geared toons and get to 115 in six days without the achievement exp. NOT HAPPENING
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I kill yellow and whites in EW because I find the dungeon zones dps too spikey on the mobs and an occasional death is brutal with the exp rates on levelling. Doesn't have to be a real lot of deaths to mess with the exp.

And in EW its .034 a yellow mob without lessons or pots running.. Don't recall what it is on a white.
  5. Tappin Augur

114, would take roughly around 48 hours to complete killing TBL mobs in around 15 seconds per mob. That does not count a lesson. So saying you can complete all 5 levels in week is pushing it, unless your an afk bot.

I am not saying it's not impossible to do, but not going to be something most people from the general audience can do.
    Tucoh likes this.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

I caught onto that fella's agenda pretty quickly once I started to pay attention to his posts. Once I figured that out, an shown everyone here onthe forums exactly what it is .. that is when he put me on ignore. Aka what "debate" you asked about earlier.
  7. Tucoh Augur

0.034 with how many players/mercs in group?
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

all characters no mercs. if I had a raid geared tank I would be doing velts tofs or kael no problem. Once I hit 115 and get the TS gear probably the same.

See instead of talking about what I could do I have actually been trying to level so I know first hand how easy or not easy it is to grind levels in ToV.
  9. Tucoh Augur

Is that at level 114? I wonder how much it'd be in kael or whatever. Maybe 0.045??
  10. Tappin Augur

But what he has said has been collaborated by others, not including me. Is it possible to grind out the levels? Sure it is. But that is not the question you should be asking. The question should be is it practical? The answer is no.
    Skuz and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I did check it in kael but forget what the number was. I just found I was dying too often since I would get more doubles in Kael the damage seemed spikier to me... no numbers but that was how it felt.

I am not the kind of guy that kills a ph 20 times and claims its broken. I have actually been grinding and I am so burned out on it now because it feels like you move next to no where in a day of grinding.
    Skuz and Tucoh like this.
  12. Tucoh Augur

Oh and if anyone perceives my curiosity about how many hours i i could personally grind from 111 to 115 as defence of the system, my opinion is that ToV would be way better if they didnt increase the level cap. And that doesn't even assume they had more time to add content because they didnt spend the time boosting the level to 115.
    enclee and Whulfgar like this.
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

No, you run it for your ego. You constantly post about it. You constantly spam about it in general chat. Its an ego thing, let's be real. Nothing wrong with it, but you aren't some paragon of anything. Stop spamming about buffs in pok every day for hours that almost no one needs and go out and play.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

Best advice of the year so far.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Run what for my ego? My guild. I dont think so. But you are entitled to your own opinion. The only time I really mention my guild is that 20 years of running a casual guild gives you some perspective on the casual game. If that is ego then yeah I am guilty.

And sorry I have had so many folks thank me for the buffs I don't intend to stop. And just because you don't need them doesn't mean others don't. Into yourself much? I enjoy helping folks I won't let your crazy talk stop that :)

And you know that is the wonderful thing about campfires. You can go spend 15 minutes buffing folks then be back at your campfire in no time. :)

P.S. if you dont like the MGB annoucements put on on ignore like I did with Whulfgar on the forums. Its a good feeling try it.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Whulfgar Augur

Casual guild members get that exact same perspective. Is yours some how more special in some way then theirs ?
  17. Vumad Cape Wearer

I think that is incorrect. It would be true if it were changed by changing the amount of XP the mob gives. But its the XP curve that is up for debate.

So, say, a single mob kill gives 1% or 10 AA. If that mob kill awards 100 XP and you change it to 200 XP, you'd get 2% or 20AA. However, if you reduced the XP curve by half, and the mob still gave that 100 XP, then the kill would be worth 2% but still only 10 AA.

So they are tied together on the number earned, but since XP is expressed in percentage, a change in the required XP to level would affect the % without affecting the number of AA earned.

Expressed another way, if 110-111 requires 1million XP, and 111-112 requires 2million XP, then changing 111-112 to 1 million would increase the % but the earned amount is the same so the AA rate is unchanged.

I believe this to be the case based on earned AA. I think before autogrant the XP curve was altered for lower number of spent AA allowing people to catch up faster. So if you had 0 AA you earned more % per kill than if you had 20k AA. Same XP amount earned earned but higher percent because of the XP curves on required XP. Now I think it might have been eliminated because of auto grant.

Hope that makes sense. I could be wrong on how it works but that is how I understand it to work.
    Skuz and enclee like this.
  18. Fcseven XIII Journeyman

I do not agree with the change to a linear EQ. Whoever made this decision was wrong.
    Annastasya and Skuz like this.
  19. Riou EQResource

With 1 person 3 boxing (1 raid toon, 2 raid/group mix toons) + 2 mercs + a 2nd real persons single toon (1 raid toon), was able to do 10% lessons in sathir's tomb at Level 114 (the longest level of the new ones to get through otw to 115), this was with 1/3 of the zone taken by a (probably) bot group, if not for them it could have been more

If you spent your free monthly DBC on EXP potions + the ones you get from buying expansions + lessons playing 6-8 hours a day gets you a level a day fine in a zone like this (there could be more options, but just never even bothered to try) with current EXP, which is "low" to "average" playtime for a new expansion launch for anyone hardcore

Now I'm not a grouper so I cant say for them, but for raiders it would basically be a nothing change to remove Achievement EXP without touching Kill EXP for example, it would hurt casuals WAY harder since they would then have no "Easy" EXP routes to take
  20. dubblestack Elder

Boxed the entire expansion progression with two characters in probably about 14 hours (about two days of play time for me), and found a mission group several days after, found a bunch of collects, took me to 10 percent to 115...have done progression on several other chars since which are not raid geared. These quests are not overly difficult. Group geared sk can tank pretty much all of it, and could even when he had t3 tbl.

The new earring is a bit of a grind at level 5, but still is not absolutely horrible.