The obvious xp problem

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran 99, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Tappin Augur

Correction should be did not give preferential treatment to one class of players
  2. Cicelee Augur

Which class of players gets preferrential treatment?

O you mean the group of players who play the game? Who actually experience all the content that is created by developers?

If I am a developer, I would be mad if I spent 40 plus hours a week for 40 plus weeks creating tasks and quests and story lines and content, only to see people sit in one corner of one zone for twelve months...,
  3. MysticOne Augur

Killing mobs and getting rewarded Xp and loot is the "fun" part of the game for a lot of players. Just as doing quest and progression task for achievements is "fun" for other players. Now we only have quest and task.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

That's a load of crap. I know of a people that haven't done the task, they're not 115 yet, but they're close. You CAN do it. It's just not the best way to do it.
  5. enclee Augur

This is such a terrible line of thinking. If, that is what people enjoy as part of the game then so be it. EQ is supposed to be a sandbox, and experienced in many different ways. The intent of this game is to create another living world for players to engage themself. Only, thinking it from the perspective that all the content needs to be used by every player is just bad, bad philosophy.
  6. Tappin Augur

As I stated before, I am not asking for changes to be made. But since you want it spelled out for you. If the devs want the levels to be a slow grind, then there shouldn't be any bonus experience from completing an progression tasks. Everyone should enjoy the slow boring grind. Do you get it now?
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. Whulfgar Augur

So link your 100% completed earring with requisite augs and new powersource =)
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Why? Shared pain?
  9. Tappin Augur

Go reference the shaman thread. I do not link items or post logs anymore. Also, grind has nothing to do with expansion size.

Cicelee's and your examples is similar to a diabetic who lives with a higher blood sugar levels because that person rations their insulin because they cannot afford more. Just because they make it last and don't die in the process, does not mean they have enough insulin.
  10. Tappin Augur

Because one group of players shouldn't enjoy a free ride while others have to endure a slow boring grind.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

Their "free ride" involved no effort? Or are you upset because you weren't able to take advantage of it?
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Thats a load of crap because I HAVE been leveling since I haven't been able to do the group missions and its damned slow. No one is close to 115 without doing progression unless they have been running 24/7 afk bots. I am getting burned out on it though.

And I am glad a lot of folks like the new exp method. Just wish they hadn't messed up the grinding for levels at the same time.

And new rule unless someone is planning on taking all year to grind up to 115 they shouldn't be telling others its fine to do it that way (not you Smoke talking to others here).

I do have members who have done all their missions and yeah I could ask for help but I don't run a guild to help me. And I have never and will never complain about the missions being too hard just because I want to box them and can't thats my problem. The amount of grind exp to level is just wrong in my opinion though.
  13. Whulfgar Augur

And....

Were done here.. When you try to complain an expansion is this or that .. then try to weight the debate by saying oh.. an this dont count either ..

Content of an expansion is absolutely every single aspect of said expansion that came out via that expansion.. Everything .. even the grind. To say it does not count simply makes you look like you do not understand what "content" is ..
  14. Riou EQResource

Even if they took the Achievement EXP out, it would have only increased the time taken to like 5-6 days to get to 115 instead of the current like 2 or 3 days
    Whulfgar likes this.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

LOL. Not even close. Been at it pretty solid for weeks and only been able to grind from 20 into 113 to 45 now into 114. Several hours a day running potions. Maybe a raid geared or autobot group could do it. You obviously have not tried doing it.
  16. Whulfgar Augur

You can 100% honestly see who puts work into the game ..

As easily on as 100% honestly seeing who wants easy mode ..

Via this thread.

The gimme gimme gimme .. instead of the put your nose to the grind stone an get to work attitude in this thread is insane.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Go ahead and take six group geared toons and get to 115 in six days without the achievement exp. NOT HAPPENING.
  18. Tappin Augur

Comparatively speaking, you cannot judge an expansion’s size based on the amount of grind, but rather the amount of content (zones, quest, raids, and etc.) one has access to. Just look at EoK… there was much more things to see and do than in ToV. So no, the amount of grind has nothing to with expansion size and does not count.
  19. Tucoh Augur

I wonder how biannual their development process is. TBL had so much new art and content, ToV had relatively little, unless the icification of velious was really cumbersome.
  20. Tucoh Augur

I don't know what you and whulfgar are debating but if our evenings were clear either of us could do this. Hell, if i treated this like a competitive mmo release i could do it in one play session. Last game i poop socked the release in (bdo) i was up for 63 hours.