The obvious xp problem

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran 99, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Having such a large exp bonus from completing achievements was a mistake, but it is too late to remove it now. Were it to be removed those who haven't completed them yet would be up in arms.SO it has to stay.

ZEMs could possibly be adjusted to increase the exp, but that in turn would increase the number of AAs earnt per kill which I'm guessing is where they would like it.

Leaving the ZEMs alone they could do some or all of the following
    1. Add quest exp to merc kill quests would help with the lack of kill exp in zones themselves.
    2. Add higher level hot zones would also help with the exp grind.
    3. Add new kill quests to Teek in Plane of Knowledge for higher level chars will again help with the exp issue.

My suggestion for a 110+ hotzone would be GMM, very few trash mobs have annoying abilities. :)
  2. Tappin Augur

Experience should be rearward primarily by killing mobs. No thank you to hot zones.
  3. gulbinator New Member

Maybe everyone's xp is so low because nobody groups anymore. 6 player all PC groups are extremely rare. Remember the game's xp is based on what a 6 player group can do, not your bot group with 3 mercs. I've gotten plenty of good XP in full groups in places like Kael or Velks camping nameds. Also isn't getting your levels and aa's supposed to be an accomplishment? The expansion lasts for a year so I'm not sure how people can expect to log in sporadically from time to time and get half a level or a full level.
    Clearing trash in Kael hero mission nets about 5% xp (10% on lesson) and takes 40 minutes with a full group. That's a solid rate.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

But that is exactly what a hot zone is, it is a zone with a higher ZEM which yealds more exp per mob.

It has a kill quest as well, but you do not have to do that, which is why I listed that seperately.
  5. enclee Augur

Levels and AAs were an accomplishment in early EQ but in modern EQ it is not an accomplishment. Level cap raising expansions are just about regaining the functionality your character had at the old cap, i.e. all the new spells, gear, level specific AAs. You technically didn’t lose any player power, but your character is a lesser version of itself, until you check off all the boxes again.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

I would have to agree...they're just ignoring the discussion. I don't recall seeing a dev comment about this in any of these threads (granted, it's a lot to read through and I may have missed something). I certainly haven't heard any explanation or reason for the change in they way people level their toons after 20 years. I've seen them chime in on specific topics, like no xp on merc tasks, but haven't seen them address the overall xp issue.

I think letting this fester is the wrong thing for them to do.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

There isn't a problem. Why should they comment?

A small amount of whiners that whine about EVERY SINGLE EXPANSION and they are supposed to care?

You know, out there, playing the actual game, I don't see people whining about it. Just the same old names, the same old playing the victim and playing the, "I'm the righteous defender of the 'casuals'!" people.

People are maxing AA faster than every before.

They made levels take longer ON PURPOSE. It isn't some accident. Get over it.
  8. Tappin Augur

A wager it’s a lot more than a few complains at this time.
  9. Cicelee Augur

I am not talking about bleeding edge players in either direction.
  10. Cicelee Augur

Here is the thing-

This expansion is supposed to last a year. The expectation being that if you were max AA and level in early December 2019, you should be max level and AA in early December 2020. So the question is... how long does the average or below average play time player play in order to achieve this? Note I am not talking skill, I am talking how long the average to below average play time player plays.

Take myself. I raid 2/3 nights per week. After raids I spend 1-2 hours playing in the group game. So disregarding raids, since no XP or AA happens to matter, I play around 2-6 hours during the week. For the past month or so, I have played around 8-10 hours on Friday night/Saturday/Sunday. So for TOV expansion, which has lasted around 5-6 weeks up to this point, I figure I have average 50-80 hours of play. Take out about five days I did not log on during Christmas, so let's say I have played 50 hours.

In those 50 hours, I have become level 115, am 11% into 115, and have spent around 1000 AA of actual TOV obtained AA (not counting banked AA from TBL). As a magician, I figure I have another 2500 AA or so left to get. I am far from bleeding edge- I own not one max level evolved TBL item, two of the four are still level 1 due to not having LDON or Planes of Power hunter done. My earring is at level 1, working on the second quest at the moment. I am only half way done with TOV hunter and collections. I would guess 75% of raiders are farther along than I am.

If the XP per mob was raised by double, then I would be close to max AA. And without doubt all the important essential AA will be done. And that is 5 weeks into a 52 week expansion. If there was no earring quest, I would become bored in a month or two.

So the question therefore is.... how many hours per week is considered average or below average? I do 10-16 per week in this expansion, and am already 115 with over 1k AA into the expansion. Someone who plays just five hours a week would be at my current spot in March, with the rest of Spring, Summer and Fall to knock out a couple thousand AA at the current pace.

The XP rate on mobs is fine. There is no need to change.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

No.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

No expansion is supposed to be a year of grinding especially for those in raid gear. Not even close. What we are used to and what it has been for many years is far different.

Plus no one is saying increase aa exp or at least I am not. I just want to be able to level to 115 so that almost all the gear will actually be an upgrade for me. THEN I will work on aa and keep camping gear and go back to helping my low level guildies with groups and events. THEN I will also go back and do older tasks etc that I never did the first time. I am not going to run out of things to do just because I get level 115.

And this is the really funny thing. People who are already 115 say the grind/level exp is fine and it's just meant to give you something to do..... ummm..... then delevel from 115 so you have something to do too.

And for those of us not raiding we also have to camp all our gear or components to make the gear. Trust me we will be busy enough we don't need others telling us we need to be more busy.

The leveling exp needs to be increased.
  13. kookoo Augur

i have done all tasks with my 5 box crew ( no is_boxer ) . { except hero missions } , did all TBL tasks , minus trial of ashes as well .

i have done all TOV hero tasks with a full guildies group, it was pretty easy .

i see all the time players saying TOV hero tasks is easy to box , yeah most of them are using is_boxer who is a big advantage .

i never thought about using is_boxer , but might give it a try ( i could add another toon as well ) , some of the missions who require high dps is where i am struggling not using that , seeing the dps parse from the velks hero task with boxed toons is so high..

** like many i prefer grinding killing mobs ** but i always try to do all progressions done as well before the next expansion,
  14. Whulfgar Augur

Yep, 10% of a level in 40 minutes is good movement !
  15. Whulfgar Augur

Two groups of people just hate how the xp gains are right now.

Those people who can't get successfull grps to do the hero's .. Afk killing grps..

And even then the afk killing grps only hate it cause it now takes 2 or 3x as long as it used to take to grind out levels. This is what I'm starting to notice.
  16. Whulfgar Augur

People who actually go out and P L A Y .. the game the way the dev's set this expansion up actually are not only getting levels, but crushing the AA's too .. And as for a certain some one who claims AA xp is ok just not the Level xp .. they are pretty much tied together from what I hear you can not effect one with out effecting the other, which means you increase level xp, an it increases the AA xp.

ToV xp per kill is pretty bad, but its also been less then 2 month's into the expansion an I on rathe do not know of a single player who is not level 115. Matter of fact I will take that a step further too I don't know of more then 3 alts of people (who play grp content casually mind you) that are also not 115.

Those people crying about xp per kill is not good enough need to stop posting .. an start playing. Wasting your time here crying on the forums is not helping you get that toon to 115. Or not .. just a thought ..
  17. Tappin Augur

So it's the players fault there isn't enough content?
  18. Whulfgar Augur

This is laughable..
  19. Tappin Augur

Oh and the experience rate would be fine if they did give preferential treatment to one class of players.
  20. Tappin Augur

Laugh all you want, but it does not change the fact that this expansion is samll. Even if the progression did not give any experience I would still have one toon done.