Fixed Internally bst - Scorchwood Ward

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Duder, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Duder Augur

Finnster, Azamar, Mithra and 6 others like this.
  2. Duder Augur

Also, the ToV equivalent of the spell, Icewood Ward is not obtainable from spell runes or vendor on beta
  3. Duder Augur

Bumping this off the 4th page
  4. Duder Augur

Still not available from RoS nor ToV
  5. Duder Augur

The spells are Scorchwood Ward (ID 57416) and Icewood Ward (ID 60646). Ranks 1, 2, and 3 are unavailable to obtain ingame.
  6. Duder Augur

7. Duder Augur

Once more
  8. Duder Augur

9. Duder Augur

10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Yes, it would be nice to see this spell in-game. Love my beastlord and my warder.
    Duder likes this.
  11. Duder Augur

Gotta like the first post to upvote it ;)
  12. smash Augur

You do know, it has never intended for the spell to come in, was responded in some old thread.

Also, you lucky that some dev not gave you a ban from posting in forum, because you repeatedly violating the rules
  13. Duder Augur

Searching these forums results in no mention or explanation of the spell never being intended to be live. Best I can find is patch notes regarding changes to a previous version that was also never implemented. And a post regarding pet tanking nerf with no mention from a dev regarding the line of spells.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?search/13895844/&q=Beastwood Ward&o=date

The only bit of information to be had on the matter would come from the following thread:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/incoming-pet-nerf.199240/

To which their actually no information regarding the spell line, only discussion regarding pet tanking. However, the conclusion to be had is that *similar* lines were reduced in the Rain of Fear era in order to limit the ability of pet tanking raid mobs. Which is great, I remember back then the guild I was in pet tanking Grelleth with mage pets for a large portion of the expansion.

If this line of spells was never intended to be live then why has it been upgraded since its inception (that was never introduced on live) in Rain of Fear? We hear terms like "spell bloat", "database limitations", "limited development time" from devs during development time. So then why has a line that "was never intended" been blindly upgraded and for the past 9+ years? Wouldn't that just add to spell bloat? (Read that I am not criticizing the lack of this spell ingame nor care if its ever introduced, but am genuinely interested in why such a line continues to be updated and unable to find answers elsewhere)

In regards to the bumping situation you are correct about the rules. Fortunately they have tools now to indicate and classify these reports. To not label a post, not respond to a post, in a forum designed for the players to communicate issues directly to the developers, during a surge of posts spurred by an expansion launch, only indicates to me that they have not read it or it has been flooded away. Forgive me.
    Mithra likes this.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Deserves an up vote in conjunction with single-target claws.
  15. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

Upvote, lets get the rest of the BST's into this conversation.
  16. Gaarbage Journeyman

I always figured the "ward" line which never appeared in the game, ended up turning into the "Auspice of" rune line we share with mages. I have nothing to support this idea, just a thought.

With that said, if following past spell progression, there should have been upgrade to "Auspice of" at 112, which was not implemented.
    Goburs likes this.
  17. Duder Augur

Interestingly enough the ward line is shared with the "aegis of" line. The auspice was upgraded in TBL, its an every other xpac thingy ;)
  18. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Aristo has given himself a ticket to look into this. He confirms that it is a bug.
    Yinla, Goburs and Duder like this.