Tradeskill tag on Ivory and Plains Pebble

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Mukkul, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Mukkul Augur

Ivory and Plains Pebble ought to have the tradeskill tag. Although there's an intermediate imbue step, they are in fact used in tradeskills.

I know this issue has been brought up before. But ignored, with the reasoning that you'd have to search around for any other items that might be missing the tradeskill tag. Except those items are literally the only two imbued gems that are missing the tag.

The reason the tag is important is so people know to save them. Ivory used to have a tradeskill tag, but when that was removed in 2016, I stopped saving them.. That was a mistake, since it turns out ivories are used in 6 recipes to get to 350 skill in Jewelry and Pottery. I went out and got more ivories, so whatever. It's only future tradeskillers that will be missing out if you don't fix it.
    Kaenneth and Duder like this.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

I didn't see a single recipe that uses ivory or plains pebble, so not having the tradeskill tag doesn't seem to be a bug. Obiously, once they are imbued, then the result IS a tradeskill item, but that's the point...they are now completely different items once they are imbued.

Maybe they need a new "Reagent" tag or something to incidate they are useful and not just vendor fodder, but that's a different debate.
  3. Natal Augur

They used to have tradeskill tags (Ivory any way), but that was removed some while back. Since it was done on purpose, I expect that the devs do not consider it a bug.
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Or they used a script which removed it without intending to do so.
  5. Tobynn Augur

Veteran AA supply merchant sells 100 ivory. No need to go farm them.
  6. Kuaamil Elder

I don't see Ivory on mine, even with the show only items I can use box unchecked. I see the standard gems, but no ivory.
  7. Duder Augur

[IMG]

No Ivory =(
  8. Tobynn Augur

Assuming it was removed probably same time as the tradeskill tag? Used to be there, I bought a couple stacks in the wayback to stash away on mule. Sorry for misinformation.

I see the other mob-drop-only gem remains on the list -- Black Pearl. Only merchant in game to stock that one as well.
  9. Natal Augur

No, the tag was removed on purpose. Ivory used to be used in tradeskills, but those recipes were removed. It was mentioned in the patch notes when it was done.

Imbued ivory is still a tradeskill item, but ivory itself is not.