Extreme Aggro Errors.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Banditx, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Banditx New Member

This has happened to me at least 15 separate occasions. Fighting Named or Trash mobs after TOV release.
    Everything is going well as a Magician in a fight with Everquest monster then all of a sudden my pet has Zero aggro and then the monster is on me. Well there is only one way out of this quick and have to fade then re-establish aggro with pet but can happen again in the fights. Zero reason I should have to Fade. In the past I would use Servants to control aggro. Now since TOV release when this happens their is no time. I am very sure there is a Error on DB's end make sure to fix this it is totally stupid. Thanks.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

I play a mage. Only time I have issues is when I do not allow sufficient ticks for earth pet to grab aggro (pet delay, pathing, etc) and I hit the mob with a large nuke. Earth pets are notorious for lowish aggro generation and I tend to have needed to use aggro swords.

Which mobs and areas though? There are many mobs flagged like PoWar where PC is targeted if within melee range no matter the hate list. I've seen this on skeleton dragons in EW and any mobs in pretty much every mission. Some mobs have pretty big hit boxes which you can enter quite easily.

What abilities are in your lineup? There are some that will cause a pet to invul or otherwise stop attacking/lose hate when it gets low health.
  3. Banditx New Member

No this is incorrect! It does not matter where your aggro is whether the pet is only attacking or you are barely nuking or excessively nuking. Pet is not doing anything you mention that might cause these problems. No mode here. I have been soloing and moloing since Kunark. No what ifs please! You are not well informed so incorrect. What I say is happening is doing so.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

I am not indicating it is not happening to you, I am trying to compare experiences to get more information for them to look at. AA consolidations have happened, maybe a long time ability you have been using now contains a deaggro. My experience has not had issues with pet aggro except with the mobs that target PC, your experience has issues with pet aggro, so now to find out where the differences are. If you don't want to cooperate then you are on your own, this is not a widely reported issue for mages.
    Duder and Sancus like this.
  5. Jaylnn Gnomish Bog Jogger

I didnt realize automated bots evolved to the point where they could post gibberish about how bad of a player they are. You learn something new every day

We can just assume he is an angry little man who is just trolling. If you look at any posts, everyone of them indicates a lack of understanding of the game, or the ability to do basic research. The devs can go ahead and mark this forum as solved because its a non issue. If it becomes an issue, someone with experience or proven information can repost it as an actual bug
    Duder and Bobbybick like this.
  6. Petalonyx Augur

I have 2 mages and have completed ToV progression and almost all tov hunter.

The most likely cause for what you have observed is that you are fighting named and adds in ToV missions. Most (all?) mobs in these missions have PC > pet aggro rules. You just need to back out of melee range. Otherwise the mob will beat on YOU regardless how much more aggro your pet has.

If you are using mage dissident, that reduces pet aggro, and could also cause what you observe.

Mage pets will forcibly aggro mobs at low hp, which may cause what you report in multimob scenarios.

Mage pets will stop attacking if a mob is mezzed, or if you are cothed.

Summoning pet AA can also wipe their aggro.

Companion of Necessity is a delayed aggro wipe that would also cause you to gain aggro when that pet dies.

Certain mobs cast a debuff on you that multiplies your own aggro enormously.

You'll need to provide more info regarding zone, NPC name to help identify the cause. I've not had any issues myself outside the normal expected behavior outlined in examples above.
  7. Banditx New Member

you are less of a mage than any and it is obvious you are the troll! Lets mark you resolved and not needed.
  8. Banditx New Member

Thanks but almost half the time this happens I am not casting
  9. Willy Loman New Member

Where were you fighting? You mention this has occurred since ToV released, but you didn't specify if you were fighting in ToV. The reason I ask: if you are fighting in EoK/RoS, the chokidai that litter many of the zones have a memblur effect that would do what you are describing.

Edit: I just realized others have tried to get this type of information from you with no luck. If you don't provide details, no one can help determine the problem (whether it is a game problem or a you-problem (or both), the same is true).
    Duder likes this.
  10. Lubianx Augur

I am not sure if this is the same issue and I can't recall when it began.

Pally tanking with water pet from mage (fire and magic weapons), every so often the mage pet drops from 2nd on agro to 0 agro. If it was just a case of the pally getting substantial more agro I would say it is just a lot more generated agro by the pally. However, the other characters are still around the same % in agro.

This is a rare occurrence, and doesn't affect me at all, but it does happen every so often (1 every 100-200 kills maybe).

I am wondering if it's the same thing as above.

Just for some perspective, happened on an EW giant near the fort last night
  11. Natal Augur

This happens a lot on raids, even before ToV. It may be that it is now an issue that affects the group game as well because of increased hate generation in general.

It is not a fade as such, but it seems like hate reaches some cap, then goes back to zero, which has the effect of being a fade for whoever had the hate. That has the effect of agro bouncing around like crazy for no apparent reason.