Taunt and Threat Actions Not Working

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Siraj, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Siraj Lorekeeper

To get this looked into, please like the initial post. There are issues with mobs preferring closer people (while not rooted) even with guaranteed aggro as well.
    Wulfhere and PhantasmaRathe like this.
  2. Siraj Lorekeeper

Area Taunt, Unyielding Attention, to name a couple.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

Well, that would explain some odd mob behaviour I saw last night. I thought it was just really bad luck on my part (drawing agro by simply standing nearby), but the behaviour was so inconsistent with what I normally expect that now I just don't know. Granted, pets were involved, but I've never experienced that sort of agro from just standing close to a mob.
  4. That0neguy Augur

Whenever this happens to me it is usually related to the mob being large (AoW, Karafyrm, etc) and with the Z-axis taunt changes the mob's center where you are actually taunting them is now considered too far away.
  5. enclee Augur

Did any of the devs ever look into this? On my SK, mage water pets will pull aggro and then when I will pull it back, the pet takes it back. I can be at SK 130% versus Mage Pet 97%, after using AA taunt then the pet will just take it back. The pet is a 112 EM 25 Water Elemental with the threat reducing proc swords, and it has taunt off, ghold on, and focus on.
    PhantasmaRathe likes this.
  6. sojero One hit wonder

One thing with ToV is most of the stuff is undead and they have proximity agro that overrides their regular agro, just something special we have to deal with this xpac.
    Wulfhere, Vexana_Lanys and Lubianx like this.
  7. sojero One hit wonder

Area taunt is not something that grabs agro and keeps it, you have to follow up with other stuff. And with the undead agro rules, if someone else is standing closer after you do area taunt they can still regain agro.

Unyeilding is level capped, are you making sure you are trying it on stuff at the cap or lower? Go grab the new one, even level 1 to get a higher cap.
    Drogba and PhantasmaRathe like this.
  8. Natal Augur

I have changed my mind on this, since it has now become extremely difficult keeping agro off my rogue merc. This happened around the Jan15 patch, although I don't know if it was due to the patch itself or me completing all merc AAs at about that time (which might have bugged out hate generation for some reason). It was weird, because before Jan 15 I had no issues in this regard, although the merc did generate a lot of hate, it was never enough to be a serious problem until the Jan 15 patch.
    PhantasmaRathe likes this.
  9. Ashreign123 New Member

I have not changed my pets buffs, gear, or my own. As a BST I now need to feign death every single time its up and even then I still get agro. This was not happening until the 15th, something has changed and its making my pet unable to maintain agro.
  10. Froglok Augur

I have noticed an aggro issue as well.

I think it may have to do with melee range issues.

A number of MOB's, unless you are literally right up in their face, essentially nose-to-nose, you may often see the message that your target is too far away, even though you are standing right beside them.

Perhaps the MOB's are not centered inside their "target ring" (melee range) area correctly?

I say this because of Mammoths in EW.

Not only are Mammoths giant-size tall, but they are also long-bodied. Due this, this issue appears more "visible" imo.

When you melee them, you practically have to get under them to melee.

Further, the target ring seems to be centered on their back legs, rather than their center-body-mass.
  11. Siraj Lorekeeper

we have 19 likes, is this getting looked into? :p
  12. ShadowMan Augur

When a mob is stunned it doesn't swap its target until its un-stunned. No matter what you use. Not that it didn't work its just the mobs stunned.
  13. svann Augur

I thought that was normal. Actual agro scales down somewhat with distance. I can be top agro but if someone is closer they may still hold the mob's attentions. Not very tightly, but sometimes enough.
  14. German Augur

Last night I saw this happen twice and both times I was close enough to get a success, but others were closer and it stayed on them. This was a raid, and I didn't check the con level of the mob but it might have been over level 120.
    Siraj likes this.
  15. PhantasmaRathe Journeyman

aggro is broken period... as an enchanter i can use both my aggro buffs that give added aggro and that decreases aggro to help balance things out and it doesn't work... i also use Nights terror which has a life tap proc that should help add aggro, summoned pet weapons that add aggro, a pally's one buff for the group that lessens aggro, taking haste off the toon pet or merc thats creating to much aggro anything and everything i can and aggro can not be maintained ... a melee merc with full aa's into its subtle strikes should not be taking aggro off a tank merc when the melee merc is on balanced... a necro pet shouldnt be taking aggro over other live toons or other pets when all these measures are taken... i really think something and i'm not sure what because it seems to be such a wide range of an issue with the aggro is wrong and needs to be looked at ... my charmed pets can hold aggro over a other players pets or melee mercs or even myself, charmed pets were supposed to be a high risk high reward type of tank for a group and its not viable anymore for tanking
    Siraj likes this.
  16. Siraj Lorekeeper

STILL WAITING FOR A RESPONSE. Please fix this instead of ignoring it. @Devs
  17. Siraj Lorekeeper

Bump it up
  18. Siraj Lorekeeper

This is using Unending Attention, Warlord's Grasp, etc. Abilities that have high aggro and some that are GUARANTEED 100% threat and not functioning. Even when the mob is within level range and in melee.
  19. Xerzist Augur

DEVS: CONFIRMED. Unflinching line does not guarantee aggro at all. Please fix one of our most important spells.

It's unacceptable that this post has been going on this long and nothing has been done about it. Fix our core spells enough froo froo crap please. Market items are NOT more important than literal gameplay.
  20. Wulfhere Augur

Were the "others" a warrior tanking with Spike of Anger weapons?