The obvious xp problem

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran 99, Jan 19, 2020.

1. sojero One hit wonder

The only ToV missions that LoTD works on the completion reward is GD.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  2. Natal Augur

I doubt that is happening in tier 1. If they have issues in tier 2, then they should get geared up in tier 1 first. Group content means that some is going to be harder than other content, and it is unrealistic to expect everyone to be able to walk over everything from day 1. Just like raids. Some will be easier, becoming harder the deeper into progression you go. The same thing SHOULD apply to group content for group players. Just because the end game content is relatively easy for raiders does NOT mean it should be relatively easy for pure groupers.
    Duder likes this.
  3. Natal Augur

The SC potions are 25% though, not 100%, which means that the rate of progression from killing is still going to be a lot slower than it was up to 110.

Requiring subscribers to spend real money to avoid a painful grind is not cool IMO anyway.
  4. Natal Augur

AAs were not affected by the increase in xp required to level, so how much AA you get is completely irrelevant to the argument. And, btw, you might think that 40 AA is awesome, but remember that a GMM HA run with lesson running at 110 would get you 70+ AA, so 40 AA is pitiful in comparison no matter how impressive you think it is.

The problem was the massive increase in xp needed to level post 110. The amount required to get 111 was basically double that for 110, instead of the normal ~10% increase it has been in the past.
    Duder likes this.
  5. Natal Augur

I think Yinla is probably referring to those dorfs that were doing zero delay swings due to the dropped item they were equipping. But that is not a normal thing. You can't rebalance the entire game based on an unintended exception to the rule.
    Duder likes this.
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

What!? You do it ALL THE TIME.
    Duder, Benito and Borm_of_fv like this.
  7. Sakura New Member

I do not this to every different person who has a different experience than I have. I’m sure there is a reason he’s not posting as much.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

LOL. Tappin being Tappin.
  9. Annastasya Augur

TLDR: i would like my sandbox game back please.

You want to incentivize certain paths? Like doing all the quests, tasks and progression? Fine, use the rewards available to do so, but don't punish every other avenue of advancement.
    BadPallyGuildLeader likes this.
  10. Gundolin Augur

I do agree it takes a good group to complete all of the missions, and a better group to complete all of the missions with the achievements. I just don't agree that the missions require raid level gear. I've run all four missions multiple times with Group geared tanks, and mixed everything else. I've failed the missions when trying to run them with no tanks, and people boxing. Seems like I need 5 real players, and maybe carry one competent box to beat these, with a good balance of classes. I'm sure that will change as we add more AA's, gear, and start all hitting 115.
  11. Whulfgar Augur

100% patently disingenuous.. to the point You lost credibility ..

You are attempting to portray it off as there is ONLY .. 25% xp potions for sale in station cash store..
    Fact check: There are exactly two types ..

One Type is for individual use and of these there are exactly FOUR potions of varying degree's of increased xp gains per kill there are 10% (4 hours long), 25% (4 hrs) , 50% (4hrs), 75% (2hrs)

Type Two are Group gains and of these there are exactly 3 Types. Which are as follows
    10% (4hrs), 25% (4hrs) 50% (4hrs).

Once again you are being very disingenuous by saying there is 25% potion with out stating there are various potions with various lengths of time with various % xp gains per kill.
    Thats YOUR opinion. We are all entitled to our opinions no matter how skewed our view's are.
  12. Whulfgar Augur

And I could simply point out to the very FACTUAL basis .. that they went with the original Everquests leveling system.. not the relatively new leveling system that has been implimented since original EQ was out.

The fact that you do not like the old school xp gains per kill system clearly indicates you were not around when H*** levels actually exsisted in game an thus never actually played threw them. I was here for them I remember them very much. I for one think it actually adds a touch of nostalgia to the game.
  13. enclee Augur

No, its actually scummy move that's straight out of the mobile game playbook.
  14. Whulfgar Augur

Back in the day gaining levels was ACTUALLY an accomplishment in an of itself to the point that people KNEW your name on the WHOLE server if you were actually max level.

In the original EQ's leveling system it was all but impossible to have alt's.. let alone MAX LEVEL ALTS within days of launch let alone in months an months of play time .. Because levels were actually THAT hard to complete. Yes some had them but they were exceptions to the very rule I am pointing to.

I prefure the old level system over that of the new level system we have been using for how many expansions personally.
  15. Whulfgar Augur

Which is again your opinion. And sadly (my opinion) this is the way ALL gaming is headed more an more .. mobile or fixed platform ..

Micro transactions are 100% what fuels some games to the point the actual game play is free and they make all their $$ via micro transactions exactly like those of the station cash store.
  16. bortage spammin lifetaps

That's totally reasonable, but it's worth keeping in mind that people who still play live servers are likely playing them because they enjoy the current game (or aspects of it, at least), so changing back to the old way will just serve to alienate current players, doubly so because people who want the old exp curve are already playing other things and are unlikely to jump ship back to EQ even if the word gets out
    Fanra and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  17. ArtremasEQ Augur

There is no spoon
  18. Cicelee Augur

Evrquest caters to all types of players. There are players who play every day for 5-8 hours, players who play 3-4 days for 3-4 hours each day, players who play two days for 2 hours each day, and of course a myriad of others in between and such.

I think the first question to ask is- who do the devs make the game for? My answer is- to players who play. And not necessarily the 6-8 hour every day player, but rather players who put forth some effort and some play into the game on a consistent basis.

If the XP was raised, then people who play are going to be max level much much faster. Heck there are players on the extreme who are already 100% into 115 and max AA. Expansion has been out one month out of a twelve month cycle!!!

Raising the XP runs the risk of maxing out players who play much faster, which could lead to boredom for those players. Maybe those players stop their subscription for four months during the summer and fall, which is loss revenue. Sure raiders will stay, they have weekly raids and attendance requirements to maintain. But casual Joe and Sally may save themselves $80 each or whatever and not log on.

It is a balancing act, yes. You don't want it too low that it makes players feel like they cannot progress. You also don't want it too high that 2/3 of your player base is max level/AA by March 1.

Here is what I personally see- a lot of 115 characters in guilds outside my own. I have no numbers of course, but it feels like one month into a twelve month expansion... players from all types of guilds on my server are hitting max level. That doesn't feel like there is an XP issue to me. If one third of the casual guild players are 115 and one third are 113 or 114 one month in... that seems fair.
    Duder likes this.
  19. Zanarnar Augur

Back in the day there were no Tasks. No Achievements. So I'm 100% with you on this, remove the Achievements and rewards, remove all the tasks. All that new-fangled junk is just ruining the old leveling experience.
    /s

Sorry man, but that argument is weaksauce. They're just shifting the leveling experience to mimic modern MMO's. I don't know about you, but that's not why I play EQ. To each their own there, but this is NOT going back to how leveling use to be.

Umm, you kinda killed your own point right there. People that play hardcore will rush to max level regardless. The tasks (which they can organize and hammer out, as raid guilds tend to be strong on the org side of things) achievements rewards are so high that people who cared were max level within.. lets be nice and say 2 weeks. I'm betting most were there or close by 1 week in.

All this poor XP does is punish people who prefer to grind, and make things harder on the non-hardcore part of the player base. It does nothing to "slow down" or "keep busy" the HC players.

Keep in mind, the AA rate is what slows down hardcore players, not the normal XP rate. The latter being the issue at hand. The former still seems fine.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  20. Whulfgar Augur

Thats 1 possibility I'll happily give you that..

However just like this is one possibility its also a very real possibility that it will not go as per your post.