Pet Peeves What's yours?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dyna, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Dyna Elder

Been happening to me a lot lately!
  2. Axxius Augur

Gate collapsing. Especially the secondary or tertiary one, with a long reuse. I can port groups and AE teleport raids without any chance of failure, but I can never make my own self-gate reliable? It makes no sense whatsoever. A ridiculous artifact of 20 yr old code.
    Coagagin, Vumad, Nadisia and 5 others like this.
  3. Kovachs Lorekeeper

People that say Lucklin
  4. Nniki Augur

Absor: And then we could show them Mearatas...
    Prathun: Yeah, I like Mearatas.
    Absor: That's the one most people can't pronounce. I'm not sure how to pronounce it. I wrote it.

youtube.com/watch?v=LWVt71drAaw&t=1507
  5. kizant Augur

People that say Looselyn.
  6. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

I hope there's a cagematch at Fan Faire where we can all fight to the death about this, because I will, fight to the death
    Snack, Axxius, kizant and 2 others like this.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

Having to turn to my house for a new tradeskill thing I housed a long time ago.

We should be able to buy an npc we can place (yay, plat sink?) who will parcel us items from our house without having to go zoning around ourselves.
    Lannin, Vumad, Pelrond and 3 others like this.
  8. Kuvian Lorekeeper

Summoning trash mobs

Mobs 80 levels below you that still agro

Spending days camping named mobs.

After spending hours LFG I get one that consists of a mage pet for tank, no slower, no CC and a merc cleric. Followed by inevitable whining about "the holy trinity." There's a reason the holy trinity exists

Players who address you by OOC when they are standing right next to you and can use /say. Or at least /tell
    Kurage_of_Luclin and Axxius like this.
  9. josh Augur

For me it's people who say namer, instead of named or rare. i definitely prefer rare, its official in game, and many rares are not given unique names
    Azbaelus, Graves, Elyssanda and 5 others like this.
  10. Duder Augur

This, 100% this.

And discord clutter. I don't care about what you had for dinner, I'm in chat to receive and communicate raid directions/details. I don't want to hear about how you dyed your hair to match your toe nails =(
  11. Schadenfreude Augur

Played consistently since 1999 and hadn't heard namer at all until about 5 years ago, somehow it became accepted usage on a couple of servers and people brought it with them when they transferred. PST was another one that appeared to spring up overnight, I'm glad they specify how to contact them as I was about to prepare a fax. Better than people who request you whisper them I guess?
    Winnowyl likes this.
  12. Axxius Augur

Also: low level trash mobs being able to bash and stun high level players.
  13. Moege Augur

Bad pathing...
    Ayeam, Fian, Jeraldo Rivera and 4 others like this.
  14. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

People referring to official standard ruleset servers as the "live" servers. All the freaking official servers are "live" servers except for test. Yes, TLP servers are "live" servers. "Live" just means it is updated with the current build. This term being misused in recent years is a side effect of emulated server folks moving over to official TLP servers. If a server is not "live" then it is either the test server or an emulated server.

It doesn't really matter and I know what they mean, but it still bugs me. I guess that's the nature of pet peeves.
    Froglok likes this.
  15. Flatchy Court Jester

I do not like the term Molo, just sounds stupid. Plink is another one like that. One thing was the lagpile right in guild lobby, then they moved it. right outside the damn door we have to use. put buffers back by the big bank or the nexus stone like the old days.
    Coagagin, Sagarmatha and Dyna like this.
  16. Larkin Lorekeeper

I haven't seen it for a long time, which I'm thankful for, but people who thought something was funny used to type "teehee" in chat.

People who summon the jester in group.

When someone asks for help and I say I'm on my way, then when I get there they say "Oh, someone already helped me". And the other person who helped and didn't let me know so I wouldn't waste my time going there.

Brown nosing guildies and the leader and officers who encourage it. Not happening in my current guild, but several guilds on different servers were really bad.. Example: Newbie says hello, zero or few replies. Leader or officer says hello a few minutes later, 20 or more replies.
    Dyna likes this.
  17. Conq Augur

Asking for nerfs and the people who ask for them and their moms. And the people who ask for nerf's dogs. And their cats.
    Conq
    Celephane likes this.
  18. Verily Tjark Augur

When will DudER become Dude or Duded?!?!?! :rolleyes:
    RPoo and Duder like this.
  19. Zurril Elder

People who don’t respond to “/ooc Camp Check” but then get territorial when you show up around them looking for a place to set up.

People who claim a camp, but kill 1 mob every 17 min very far away out of sight, but rage in /ooc or general that people are KSing.

“Is there a banner yet”

Pet taunt on raids .

“Lucklin”

Tanks mashing taunt to pull aggro off another tank who has used and is under their defensives, established aggro, etc.

Wow, I didn’t think I really had any pet peeves... but once that faucet is open...
    FawnTemplar, Tucoh, RPoo and 2 others like this.
  20. Ibudin Augur

1. Not enough female players
    2. Camping out to character select then and trying to go to server select screen and crash, seems all the time now.
    2. Debuff slot issue on raid mobs - not enough for all the alliances, dot castings,
    3. People who have 20 alts and their main isn't even to max level yet, complaing cause they cant get a group.
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.