Mangler is Plagued

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Shamra, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Machen New Member

If it's true that cheaters are the majority of the people, how do you expect a corporation to be able to effectively police that? Banning a majority of your customers seems a bad way to run a profitable corporation.
  2. Ninita New Member

I dont, which is why I said they never would because all of you keep paying them money to run a game full of cheaters, bots, and filth. If the majority were like me and quit games because of that, then corporations would ban the cheaters.

Its obvious everquest is just a community of cheaters, so they arent going to do anything about it.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  3. Sikkun Augur

They obviously let some things go way too long to reverse ship now. It would be very amusing to see a lot of guilds attempt to pull raids if their magical map programs stopped working. But it’s been what, 18? years of guilds using is at this point.
  4. Machen New Member

I agree. I think the solution to the bot problem was to be found in 2001. They probably could have even righted the ship in 2006 or 2010 or maybe even 2012. For the Truebox servers, 2017 or 2018 maybe. Maybe. Although I think the rampant abuses there now are more a symptom of lack of enforcement on all the other servers for a long time before Truebox became a thing.

Kinda sad, but after 20 years of the problem all but being ignored, it's not really surprising at all that more and more and more give in and join the crowd.
  5. Razorfall Augur

If they're cheating, are they really worth having?
  6. Machen New Member

If the other option is closing the game, what do you think Darkpaw Gaming's answer will be?
  7. Bowdeen Elder

People here are simply disagreeing with you because they know that the company would:
    1) Lose a ton of profits banning all boxers
    2) Not be able to enforce it due to their limited staff.

You want to keep calling everyone cheaters, losers, filth or what have you. You do realize that personal insults are a direct violation of these forums EULA? AKA: You're breaking the law, numbnuts.

You keep calling it a community of cheaters. It's not. However, it is certainly a community, and one that we are more than happy to embrace without you. Stay quit, retired or whatever you call it. You obviously couldn't hack it playing against automated characters that are predictable to a fault. Ever heard of beginner mode on video games? That's what this is. Pull the mobs before their automation can. Prevent them from playing by killing everything they are after.

I'm sorry.. Are you NEW to the gaming world? This has been going on since before Everquest even launched. Ultima Online, Diablo 2 are good examples of selling items. Counter Strike, Doom, or darn near any other game from the era are good examples of cheats. For gods sake, Doom had built in cheat codes!

People like US are the reason that MMOs are still around and haven't gone the way of the dodo. We enjoy these games. We play them for that purpose. We understand that there are other individuals that look for the easy, lazy buck everywhere and they even implement that to video games. But, we don't get so utterly that we come on the boards crying like a school girl not getting her way in the lunch line.

GO AWAY. We're glad you quit, and we don't want you back.
  8. DeseanJackson Augur

Lol, thanks for the laugh. Most of us just don’t care enough, and realize it’s a 20 year old game with limited staffing. But all said, you can go away now if you don’t play the game.
  9. Ninita New Member

Get out of here with that garbage, limited staff. Project 1999 manages to not have bots and cheaters, and they have no paid staff. Obviously you dont care, no wonder the game just gets worse and worse.

It has nothing to do with limited staff, it has to do with 90 percent of you are cheaters, and if they banned every cheater, there would be like 100 people left, only explanation as to why they havent done anything about it. If there were only 100 cheaters, they would just ban them and be done with it. Apparently after they looked at how much money the cheaters, gold selling trash, bots, and illegal websites made them, they said well I guess we run a game that is just filled with trash that want to cheat, use bots, and buy illegal accounts and gold. Nothing we can do about it.

Vs say FF14, that shows you every month how much trash they ban.
  10. Elite_raider Augur

Everyone needs to feel that they have a purpose in life, some people unfortunately do not always feel that they have one. In lack of a true purpose, some may try to create one, but in doing so and trying to justify that purpose, facts get distorted and morals may be set aside.

Every monster is the hero in their own story
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

You'd also have created a server no one (OK, hyperbole but very few) would play on.
  12. EQStoptheH8 New Member

His guild leaders are prolly using Macaroni Quest and he has no idea
  13. That0neguy Augur

Pretty sure the decision would still rest with the publisher Daybreak and not the studio.
  14. Machen New Member

No, they don't. There are working macaroni quest versions for p99. Showeq too. People use them. They just aren't as blatant about it.
    code-zero likes this.
  15. Machen New Member

Either way, no company is going to make a decision that would cost half their customers or more.
  16. DeseanJackson Augur

You obviously care a bit much or are a troll, good luck with your likely forum suspension, I hope the next game you play fulfills you, but I doubt it will.
  17. squidgod Augur

18. squidgod Augur

Right, so assuming a 100% forage success rate and assuming that he got NBL's 100% of the time (which you obviously don't), this guy foraged in Dreadlands for...815 hours.

These are from the Seb bot groups.
  19. code-zero Augur

Or they have a buyer set up in /barter offering fast plat for your foraged stuff.

Do you even play this game?
  20. yerm Augur

maybe they're banned but not kicked from the game?