Raid Loot Lockouts, Expedition lockouts.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lisard, Jan 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Oh, I understand your opinion. I'm just saying, its a consequence of the way they are handling DZs and the "loot lockout" with raids, and then the events being so easy an alt can do it.

If the events were harder, so it couldn't be done, its a moot point.

If they simply got rid of the "loot lockout" and went back to the standard dz system (remember, this is all so we can't farm type 19 augs, luck augs, or tradeskill components, nothing more), then its also a non-issue.

You couldn't be added to a dz for a raid that you had a lockout on, whether or not the chest was open or not, prior to TBL.
  2. Lianeb Augur

But you specifically just admitted to doing what you are so against.

According you...bypassing lockouts
    Funky likes this.
  3. ShadowMan Augur

You could after the event was over but before loot was done. Its just that people knew better then to come loot from an event a second time during lockout and didn't try to justify it.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  4. Texilis New Member

Exactly, I pay for multiple accounts I do not pay for a main account or an alt account. They should be treated equally. If the scenario allows for a character that did not kill the event to receive loot, there should be no discrimination on which character receives the loot.
    German likes this.
  5. Lianeb Augur

You absolutely could. As long as your personal lockouts matched the dynamic zone lockouts. Which is when the event is done.
    Allayna likes this.
  6. Ashian Augur

Yepmetoo, I know you’ve been pushing for making raids substantially harder since beta. If you want to make the raids so hard that MS can’t beat it on their alts, you’re going to lock out the majority of guilds in EQ. MS’s alts are all fully raid geared in TBL gear. MS did the raids in beta, and just beat the precise raid on their mains — they know the mechanics of the event cold. They are highly skilled players / raiders.

This is a T1 event. Any elite guild is going to be able to beat it on their alts. The right solution is not to make it so impossibly difficult that MS barely squeaks by on their mains but collapse on their alts. Save that difficulty level for the last raid of the expansion. Have another Mearatas, but don’t have it in T1.
    Allayna and Sancus like this.
  7. ShadowMan Augur

100% and as I said I knew I was wrong and was taking a risk at a vacation. I didn't pretend not to know better or tried spinning it off as someone elses fault because big giant letters didn't pop on my screen saying DON'T DO THIS ITS EXPLOITING. I made the choice.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  8. Cadira Augur

No?

We place second in TBL, and were only one of three guilds capable of beating pre-nerfed Mearatas.

With RoI's dps being significantly better than ours, and this year's raids being a complete joke on difficulty (even while wearing full TBL raid gear from our testing)...

None of you others really posed a threat with or without the gear. /Shrug
    Funky, German, Allayna and 1 other person like this.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I don't want all the raids that hard. I'm just pointing out that is why its come to this.

You probably weren't alt raiding stratos on week one without any mains, or smoke, and they were easy too.

I want ONE raid hard (AoW), to be honest. But that's not what I'm talking about.
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I guess I don't recall ever doing so. It would have made farming TAs for alts a lot easier I guess.
  11. ShadowMan Augur

If 54 unique characters want to raid and funnel all the winnings to 1, 2 or 10 specific characters that is completely fine. If another 54 unique characters in the same guild want to then repeat those same raid and funnel the gear to a different 1, 2 or 10 specific characters that is completely fine. Repeat as much as you want and can handle. As long as no one character is double dipping individually or bypassing a lockout by looting from the same event twice during the intended lockout period your fine. Regardless of the end result being similar to another method one is ok one isn't.
  12. Odiiusx Elder

MS makes nefarious plan to go against all the is good and holy in the game, core values are to be shaken if this information ever gets out.......and then Twitches it.

By your words, you aren't trying to white knight this post....but you sure are hitting refresh a lot.
  13. Marquele Scholar

You got drunk and had fun messing around with a game, which is commendable, but then someone had an idea of distributing the loot to the mains that had already beat the event. This is what people have a problem with. If the loot had gone to alts, this post never would have been started. If you hadn't streamed it, no one would know and this post never would have been started.

Add the * that character with a lock out cannot be added to a mission or raid at any point during the event. This eliminates so much of the questionable play that people partake in regarding mission and raid loot. Alts can still get loot. Benched players can still get loot, assuming that they don't already have a lock out. Raids can be split raided with a force of alts and mains so drunken fun can be had by all.
    Szilent and Mintalie like this.
  14. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

15. The real Sandaormo Augur

Just another guild looking for gray areas. I guarantee you there were people cringing while you were passing the loot to mains with previous lock out. It would be rare to collect 54 shady people in one place. I want to hear from those people not the spinners we been hearing from.
  16. Allayna Augur

Our guilds loot rules do not allow alt looting above/before mains. Maybe your raiding guilds does.
  17. German Augur

The way everyone talks, one character got loot from all six chests. Even if someone got loot on Friday and Tuesday, if it was a different event then its fine according to this statement.

To clarify, I mean a different event by title not date.
  18. ShadowMan Augur

Done with this thread. Amazed by the wonder of it all.

If you participated in the raid regardless of winning loot or not you are done for its lockout. Even if another DZ of that raid lets you be added once it gets to a certain state.

If you looted from a beat DZ but were added after the fact so had no lockouts you should not be doing that raid again until the lockout you should have gotten ended.
  19. ShadowMan Augur

Fun a new spin on the facts! Im here since you guys likely fubar'd it up for everyone else because of how public and obnoxious it all was. Paired with the humorous public relations deflections of innocence and ignorance on the matter.
  20. Allayna Augur

Post who you really are, or shut it.

All of the MS leadership has said we will abide by whatever the devs decide.

We are explaining how we got here, since reading comprehension eludes some that post over and over and over and say they are done here...

Deflect/spin/fake news that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.