Raid Loot Lockouts, Expedition lockouts.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lisard, Jan 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Funky Augur

the only reason this could lead to everyone losing alt loot is because of everyone crying that we did the event on 2 completely different raid forces but decided to give out loot to 1 raid force....

as far as the grey area... the only way there can be considered a grey area is because of the difference of opinions on interpretations of Ngreth. but that could be said to nearly anything (even non-eq related statements)
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Mazame Augur

Let me put this out there then your friend (with out a lock out) zone into X raid and loots X item on Wed. Now that Friend joins and open raid on Friday for the same X raid and loots an Item.

Is your friend doing anything wrong ?
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

So you're there only to loot, on your main, over and over until you get a complete set, or run out of alts capable of boosting you to the cookie jar?

And guild members who are not leaders or officers are cool with this, even if they don't have alt armies to boost their mains with?

Because you're still helping out the whole guild by burning your alt lockouts to gear your main?

Interesting.
  4. Mintalie Augur

C'mon, guys. You're gearing up your entire main raid force at twice the normal rate. It's that black and white. Not grey.

You know you're not using the feature in the spirit in which it was intended.
    Sheex and MasterMagnus like this.
  5. ShadowMan Augur

Yes.
    svann and Szilent like this.
  6. Dovhesi Elder

[IMG]

FawnTemplar, Raccoo, Maedhros and 2 others like this.
  7. Odiiusx Elder

At least we are back to calling MS cheaters for beating events...that 5+ pages of arguing about a non existent race got way off topic.
    Funky likes this.
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Not their fault the raid is so easy you can split raid it.

Would it make people feel better if the raid was 30 mains 24 alts and raid 2 was 30 mains and 24 alts?

If they limited gear to only those that killed the event, they would still gear up their mains twice as fast, right?

Let's all stop the whining. I like needling a couple of specific MS people as much or more than anyone, but I don't get the issue. This is a content being too easy issue, and that's it.
    Remien, Allayna, Cadira and 2 others like this.
  9. ShadowMan Augur

Split raiding for faster loot to mains is not the same thing as bypassing lockouts. Even if both lead to more gear to mains. One follows the rules one doesn't.

Raiding it multiple times with different characters is fine. Raiding it once with alts and then looting all the gear on mains bypassing the lockout and then repeating it again is not the same. Buying 2 lollipops from a store is not the same as stealing 2 lollipops from the store even if the end result is having 2 lollipops in both cases.
    Marton and Szilent like this.
  10. Lianeb Augur

I do believe you and everyone else on this forum completely missed the whole point of why we did this raid on our alts.

It was a scheduled raid day, we were out of targets to kill....screw it, get drunk and load up your alts and lets go have some fun. We had people in the raid that didn't even know a mage had a spell bar. It is our guilds loot policies that put the loot into the hands of the mains based within the guildelines set forth within the game. If the game did not allow it, the gear would have gone to the alts, however the game allows it.

We have no intention of raiding 20 times to fully gear our main force up. We play this game for one reason....Fun, and let me tell you Monday on alts was a blast.

Until we came to the forums to see the outrage of the EQ community at out our fun.
    Remien, Allayna, Funky and 1 other person like this.
  11. Absolutt Journeyman

I love me a good needling!
    Funky likes this.
  12. Cadira Augur

So we get to be bored for 9 months out of the year instead of 6 because we geared twice as fast. (Hyperbole - we'll probably only do a handful of alt raids) Being geared up twice as fast sounds...dreadfully boring if anything. So who cares?
  13. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Gotcha. We were drunk, it only happened the one time, never happen again, don't plan on making it a thing.

Is there a meme for that? Surely there's a meme for that.
    svann likes this.
  14. Allayna Augur

[Mon Jan 20 16:45:21 2020] XXXXXX cannot be added to this expedition since they have recently experienced Griklor the Restless. They must wait another 1D:5H:30M until they can experience it again. They may be added to the expedition later, once Griklor the Restless has been completed.
    [Mon Jan 20 16:45:21 2020] XXXXXX cannot be added to this expedition since they have recently experienced Servant of the Sleeper. They must wait another 1D:5H:57M until they can experience it again. They may be added to the expedition later, once Servant of the Sleeper has been completed.

"We want any group of people participating in a raid to only be able to do it once per lockout period. Once they get to the point of having the reward, they are free to do with the reward what they want." - Ngreth

Man. It's like the messaging in the dynamic zone mirrors what Ngreth posted about in the past.
    Remien, Mazame and Funky like this.
  15. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

How does it not follow the rules?

How is it any different?

Is DPG supposed to somehow keep track of who the "mains" are?

There is no solution to this that will make people complaining happy about it except limit loot to who is in the dz when the chest is opened (lock the dz), which won't happen for a couple reasons:

1) you no longer can add people on the bench for gear, people throw a fit
    2) you can no longer add alts for gear, people throw a fit (second verse same as the first...)
    3) the error message when trying to add someone to a dz with a lockout on an active event *specifically states that you can add them in only AFTER defeating an event* - i.e. this is intended

Again, the problem is the raids are so easy, that this is possible.

My biggest issue is that I really don't want to have to raid 2x as much just to max my gear 2 months earlier when the gear is irrelevant to beating the events....
  16. Mazame Augur

In tbl you have the Smoke missions. If you are on lock out then you are not able to Request the mission and you are not able to loot the chest. This is a code that is already in game. You can with the smoke trials be in the group with a lock out if some one with out the lock out request it. This then increase you look out timer.

Cleric X as an example has been very kind and helped 6 groups complete A smoke mission his lock out timer is over 25 hours. He was only able to loot on the 1st trial he attended and by being kind and helping other has cause his chance at loot to decrease.

At one point I has a smoke trial lock out over 100 hours on my cleric.

Other missions have lock out that prevent you from joining the mission or help out on the mission at all. These lock out are there to stop people from assisting with that mission multi time on the same toon in X time period.

Two different types of lock out with two different reason for the lock out.

With raids the lock out system is currently set up so that you can not use the same toon to do the same raid in X time period.

Everyone has their own thoughts on what it should or should not be. but just because one person thinks one way and other think a different doesn't mean either of them are wrong or right.

Until some one official post what the intent is or is not then this thread can go on for days.
  17. Mintalie Augur

With the brand new raid release system being what it is, it never occurred to anyone in your guild that double the gear might increase your chances in the race?
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  18. ShadowMan Augur

Main or alt doesn't matter. A character has one shot at loot from a particular raid once per its lockout. Period end of story.

There have been tons of easy raids that guilds have split raided this isn't anything new. The only new part is them giving double loots to mains during a lockout period(looting an item from an event despite not giving you a lockout is the same thing and considered bypassing a lockout if you then raid it again before the lockout period would have ended). Everyone else split raids into different teams and stuck to specific DZ's.
  19. kizant Augur

Well, I guess if it were really what I prefer then we'd get rid of no drop and this thread would have never existed in the first place. Although, I don't really care too much about this issue. I think the main reason cactus gate happened is people could do the mission 50 times a day and it was really out of control. Getting in an extra set of raids once a week is kinda meh. So, you'll be done farming and bored sooner.
    -----Cinexa----- and Cadira like this.
  20. German Augur

So if the alts raid, get lockouts, a few mains win loot and ride the pine while remaining mains log in and do event again and even more people get loot is perfectly fine right? Zero lockout conflicts. Same end result, same amount of drops.
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.