Raid Loot Lockouts, Expedition lockouts.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lisard, Jan 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elkar Headhunter Elder

Respawn timers have nothing to do with this conversation.
    They added lockout timers to keep progression at a pace of their choosing.
    No one received more currency or flags than a character was supposed to receive inside the lockout period.
    As far as chests go the only thing I have seen from a developer is do what you want with your loot.
    Until I see them say otherwise that’s how it is. Not how you or anyone else thinks it is or thinks it should be. I will %100 respect the devs rules above anyone’s opinion. The way it reads right now all of you involved in this witch-hunt are wrong.
    Remien, Funky and Allayna like this.
  2. Allayna Augur

Thank you for the correction. I don't loot much from a group mission. But my point still stands, the varying rules regarding dynamic zones definitely muddies the water.

You cannot participate in the same 2 for raids. You can participate in the same 2 group mission though. The raid allows you to loot, the group doesn't. Let's clean all this up and have the lockout, not the loot lockout, the participation lockout, prevent the command /dzadd playername, for those with a current participation lockout, for which it currently does not.

That approach doesn't kill alt loot. It doesn't kill swapping if someone goes LD or has to work etc.
    Ashian likes this.
  3. ShadowMan Augur

They do. If a named chain spawns and becomes a loot piñata every time it’s been corrected or drastically slowed. Raid or Group there is a general pace they want things to enter the game.

If someone does a raid once they are then done for the lockout period. There is no gray area and you are rolling the dice doing anything else. Telling me it’s a grey area that tank A looted something from win 1 and then tank A was added after the fact to win 2 for more loot isn’t bypassing lockouts is a load of crap. Repeating you didn’t know any better or because it’s technically possible means it’s ok doesn’t change the facts.
  4. svann Augur

They should definitely clarify either way. This isnt a weekend. Why no word?
    -----Cinexa-----, Sancus and Allayna like this.
  5. ShadowMan Augur

To me there is zero to clarify. Not saying there needs to be consequences but it’s 100% bypassing lockouts. If they wanted faster loot to mains and raids are so easy then split raid it with however many they can with and funnel the gear to mains but never crossing dz’s to bypass lockouts on a per toon basis.

This logic is exactly why we ha e to have stupid instructions like don’t stick your hand in a mower while it’s running. Don’t microwave animals. Cruise control doesn’t mean you can read the paper while your car drives itself. Don’t eat the tide pod intended to wash your clothes.
  6. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

This... this isn't an actual warning on microwaves is it? :confused:
  7. Elkar Headhunter Elder

I never claimed there was gray area or have I said I didn’t know any better.
    I have however read what was said by a dev and I understood it. And it is clear to me.
    You have either not read it or you did not understand it.
    If you have seen or read something that says anything different then please for the sake of us all link your source and end this. So far no one has done this. Anything other than a valid link from the developers from you is just arguing for the sake of arguing.
    -----Cinexa----- and Celephane like this.
  8. Odiiusx Elder

All of you screaming that lockouts where bypassed have missed the point that the raids had to be beaten to get the lockout in the first place. You are complaining about loot distribution. And how an individual guild does their loot distribution is on them.

But, since we are still on this non issue I will say this. Next raid cycle, we can just raid Alts first and /dzadd any character we want to loot on, then do the raids on our mains. Then all this pitchforking will have nothing. We aren't bypassing anything, we are playing EQ and for some reason it angers the masses that we won the raids twice inner guild.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Funky like this.
  9. ShadowMan Augur

"Its a gray area" has been the general theme of the guilty party. There is nothing the devs can write that will explicitly cover every single possible scenario or possibility of play.

The general intent since inception has been things are acquired at a certain pace based on respawn timers and more recently lockouts. If you found a way to get uber dragon loot 5 times in a week on one character instead of one shot at loot every 7 days it was exploiting. If you kill a raid and reap the rewards your done for its lockout regardless of the system letting you be added after the fact to the same raid minutes, hours or days later if its before your lockout is up.

I am not wasting my time searching and citing various dev statements. What one dev says is not canon law but the same dev once said "Ngreth Thergn said:
    Purposely avoiding a lockout or replay timer is an exploit, especially when doing so to repeatedly farm something, be it items, exp, faction, whatever.
  10. Ravanta Suffer Augur

That's the thing. There is no lockout timer on the chest. You want there to be, and that's fine. The replay timer doesn't apply either.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  11. ShadowMan Augur

That is still bypassing lockouts. You are looting the same raid twice or more instead of once per lockout. You are however free to win with say 35 alts and 19 mains and then funnel all that gear to the 19 mains. Then repeat the same raid with a different 35 alts and 19 mains and then funnel that gear to those different mains. Then repeat the same raid another time with 35 alts and 1X mains and funnel the gear to those different mains. Since no one toon is bypassing the lockout just because its technically possible as a means to not have loot rot when alts or others without lockouts can use it.
  12. ShadowMan Augur

And the reason for that is so people and alts without lockouts could be added after the fact to get rot loot. Which my OP said is likely whats going to get taken away because they wanted to pretend they didnt know any better. I don't want some silly lockout added that means tons of stuff now rots instead of going to alts or friends who didn't have a lockout. I want people to not pretend that they didn't know any better just because its technically possible and have it taken away for those who used it in the intended manner.

I don't care if they get punished or not but they knew it was wrong. I do care if hanging on that silly point leads to chests being locked to all after a win as a means to prevent what everyone knew was wrong but pretended it wasn't.
  13. Qbert Gallifreyan

I remember when Maniac Mansion came out for the NES. That was a fun, twisted game :p

[IMG]
    tps://i.gifer.com/3iFC.gif
  14. Funky Augur

if you want to look at it that way... chain running missions up to the point for ground spawn collections or killing mobs for collections would be an exploit also... that's avoiding a lockout or replay timer for items... but Ngreth stated that was fine quite a while back. (cannot currently find it because my forumquest search skills aren't that great)

or what about all those that chain ran GMM missions for exp before it was tied to the completion? that is avoiding a lockout for exp... i didn't see any suspensions for that "exploit"....

then we raided 2 times.. no toons participated in beating an event with an active lockout..
  15. Allayna Augur

The mechanics put in place by the developers prohibit you from obtaining the raid if someone has a lockout.

[Mon Jan 20 16:44:55 2020] XXXXXX cannot be added to this expedition since they have recently experienced Griklor the Restless. They must wait another 1D:5H:30M until they can experience it again. They may be added to the expedition later, once Griklor the Restless has been completed.

But does not prevent you from adding them once the raid has been completed. Actually, it's spelled out that way.

Any comments now?
  16. ShadowMan Augur

That was his original stance on the matter before Prathans quotes saying dropping instances post collects and named was acceptable. Again no one statement is going to catch every single possibility.

You guys knew it was wrong and are trying to rationalize or explain it away. You could have acquired just as much loot or more via typical split raids with people sticking to their DZ. Instead you choose to test the other limits which based on past behaviors leads to an over reaction fix.

I have done the exact same things at times over 20 years so am not trying to come off as some white knight on the matter. But I always knew I was rolling the dice when I made the choices. I don't care whether you guys get in trouble or not but the I didn't know any better gray area comments are pure BS and likely now lead to everyone losing rot alt loot in its current state.
  17. Ravanta Suffer Augur

They may be added to the expedition later, once Griklor the Restless has been completed.

I feel like...if anyone posts on the topic with anything other than "Hey DP, change it so they can't be added to the expedition at all." then what they are saying is they don't know how to read.
  18. ShadowMan Augur

Is there a second event in that instance? That maybe someone might be added to the DZ to help with who might have missed the first event. That doesn't mean loot something in DZ 1 for event one and then feel free to come to DZ 2 and loot again from event one because I want to pretend I don't know its wrong because I can't find anyone explicitly staying no no.

You guys are grasping at straws and know the intent is you get a shot at loot for a win on a character once per lockout.
  19. Allayna Augur

[Mon Jan 20 16:45:21 2020] XXXXXX cannot be added to this expedition since they have recently experienced Servant of the Sleeper. They must wait another 1D:5H:57M until they can experience it again. They may be added to the expedition later, once Servant of the Sleeper has been completed.

You mean like that, above?

If you cannot experience it for a set amount of time....but you can be added to a defeated instance, what are you there to do? Loot.
    Lianeb, Funky and Ravanta Suffer like this.
  20. ShadowMan Augur

Again "you can" because they wanted to allow people without lockouts to be able to come get something that would rot otherwise. It's not some super exclusive bypass the lockout timer that you guys figured out. Everyone knew that you could but didn't because it wasn't the intent and it was exploiting.

You guys can spin and deflect all you want. It was wrong.

Jondalar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.