Fixed Internally Ferocious Kick resisted

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Kurage_of_Luclin, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Ferocious Kick XIII is a physical attack , on mobs that are fully debuffed and get resisted way too much

example:

[Fri Jan 17 09:19:08 2020] A restless Coldain resisted your Ferocious Kick XIII!
    [Fri Jan 17 09:19:09 2020] A restless Coldain resisted your Ferocious Kick XIII!
    [Fri Jan 17 09:19:10 2020] A restless Coldain resisted your Ferocious Kick XIII!
    [Fri Jan 17 09:19:10 2020] A restless Coldain resisted your Ferocious Kick XIII!
    [Fri Jan 17 09:19:16 2020] A restless Coldain resisted your Ferocious Kick XIII!
    [Fri Jan 17 09:19:18 2020] A restless Coldain resisted your Ferocious Kick XIII!
    [Fri Jan 17 09:19:20 2020] A restless Coldain resisted your Ferocious Kick XIII!
    [Fri Jan 17 09:19:20 2020] A restless Coldain resisted your Ferocious Kick XIII!

short clip of a very long line of resist messages .
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

FWIW, this has been a level up issue in the past where Ferocious Kicks bounces as much as it is now and has been fixed in the past. Ought to be a simple fix.
    Kurage_of_Luclin and Dewhead like this.
  3. birdsong_pawn Augur

This is still broken after the Feb. 14th patch.
    Kurage_of_Luclin and Sancus like this.
  4. JeffHanson Augur

Please fix this, or remove and refund the AA. It is useless at the moment.
  5. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Can the level of the aa be raised to not be continually resisted?
    Any Dev willing to make a comment about potential fix ?
  6. Derka Power Ranger

Are raid mobs what you are having the most issues with? I just pulled up a log from a fight with Coldears today and I had 27 resists in 83 seconds, but ferocious kick still pulled 137k DPS alone for that fight. (Ranger+Shaman).
  7. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

It should not be resisted as much as it is. It still offers some dps but not as much as it should. I'm as maxed as a ranger can get, and still a lot of resists.
  8. Derka Power Ranger

It has about a 25% resist rate. Which does seem kinda high.
  9. Wulfhere Augur

Are you playing with classes that can debuff AC? Are they casting those debuffs?

Also if you're soloing, proc The Crippler or just swap in a cripple belt? I guess you could stack Immolate too (I know, kinda kidding).
  10. Derka Power Ranger

While it wasn't a ton of AC debuffing, the parses I pulled from had Turgur's Diminishment and Outrider's cloak on the mobs.
  11. Wulfhere Augur

So you box a shaman? Okay well max Turgur's Diminishment VII alone is a quite a lot.

4: Decrease AC by 251

Outrider's Ever-Burning Gaze III adds:

6: Decrease AC by 37

Stacking-wise (and ignoring low level spells) these could help in your situation:

Slot 3:
    - Necro can add -130 ish AC debuff
    - Shadowknight can add -80 ish AC debuff
    - Enchanter can add -150 AC debuff

Slot 8:
    - Rogue can add -63 AC debuff

That being said, I believe having to apply maximum possible debuffs to land a spell reliably on group content is badly over tuned.
  12. Derka Power Ranger

Yeah that would be a bit more AC debuffing for sure. It would be interesting to see if the rate went down with them all on.
    Normally I dont box the shaman but with these bonuses it was hard to pass up to knock out ToV hunters. I think it looks and sounds worse than it is. You could fill up a resist chat window pretty quick with it, but the frequency at which it goes off is where it makes up. The mobs still die fast.

Obviously a little DPS pickup here and there is always nice though, maybe it is broken. *cough*