Conflagrant Diamond Combines don't increase JC

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Tutankamen Augur

I did 100 combines or so with Conflagrant Diamond Combines and no increase in trophy % or skills... is this a bug? I started doing old combines with Diamonds again, and immediately the % on the trophy started going up. If this is a bug can it be fixed please?
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

What is your base skill and what is the trivial of the combine(s) that weren't working? You need to be doing combines 1-100 points higher trivial than your base skill (assuming you aren't max skill) for the trophy to evolve.
    Yinla and svann like this.
  3. Tutankamen Augur

--Going to share another post comment from another thread, which would indicate that it should be skilling up regardless of skill level req. The combine I was making was:

Square Cut Conflagrant Diamon-- Trivial at: 466

This should have % up my trophy- but it did not , not even one %. I think something is broken with these Conflagrant combines specifically, can someone confirm

------I took this from Alla

From<Arcturys>
    Scholar
    [IMG]
    "To evolve the master trophy, you must do non-trivial combines (obviously over 300 since you needed 300 to get the master trophy). Also, as previously stated, contrary to popular belief it does NOT have to be within 100 skill points of your raw skill. It can be anything non-trivial, which is anything higher than your current skill. Again, since I am talking about the master trophy, it is anything with a trivial over 300. From my experience, it seems to take around 8-9 combines to get 1% evolution, meaning it would take around 800-900 combines to fully evolve it.

However, I recently ran across a post from a developer stating that the number of combines required varies with the difficulty of acquiring the components involved in the recipe. He stated that any recipe that is trivial over 300 and involved components that are completely store bought will require the maximum of 1000 combines to evolve the trophy. The minimum number of combines to evolve it is 400, which would require a recipe with the toughest to acquire components (he used tailoring as an example). In other words, the harder it is to get the components for the recipe, the faster your trophy evolves.

So the verified fact on the number of combines needed to fully evolve your master trophy is 400-1000, depending on the difficulty of obtaining the recipe's components. That means no matter what, it takes between a minimum of 4 and maximum of 10 combines to evolve the master trophy by 1 percent. Anyone posting less or more than these values is incorrect."
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

How many of those were successful combines? Only successful combines add to your Master Trophy's %.
  5. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Need more info but there are 2 reasons I think your trophy might not be leveling:
    1. Your current skill level is less than 250(?) and the recipe's trivial is more than 100 points higher. After 250(?) I believe this requirement goes away. Obviously only successful combines skill up a trophy.
    2. Your trophy is above your skill level bracket. For example, if you have an Expert trophy and your skill is in the "Journeyman" bracket, it will not evolve until your skill level is in the "Expert" range. As soon as you are, it will level up at an increased rate (more than 1% per successful combine) to match your new skill.
    I forgot if 250 was the magic number. As to why you didn't see any skill ups, maybe just bad luck?
  6. Qbert Gallifreyan

You still haven't answered what your base skill is, but yes, trophy level is important too as it is capped relative to skill buckets.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Things have to be WITHIN 100 points trivial to skill up, unless you're on the last evolving one.

And there is also something wonky going on, regardless. I was doing ToV combines and my fletching trophy wasn't maxed (go go laziness), and I was getting 3% exp per combine. That may be normal in catchup mode (have low level trophy but higher skill), but I was 350 skill with the last evolving one.

So something odd there.

If your base skill is 299 or less (you didn't answer), then no, a 466 trivial combine WON'T evolve it.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Lianeb Augur

The trivial of the combine has to be within +100 of your skill to level trophy. 300+ skill will be treated as within 100 for any combine greater than 400

Some of the older recipes the skill treated as max was 250, so older recipes over 350 could also level up the trophy. Modern recipes (conflagrant diamonds) require 300 to level those 400+ recipes
  9. Scorrpio Augur

If you still expect skill increases, means your skill is under 300. Combines more than 100 trivial over yours will not evolve the trophy. 466 is too high.
    FWIW, I maxed my trophy on Dwerium Practice Veils. (316). I got across a stash of raw faycite crystals on baz real cheap. I think it was 5 combines per percent.
  10. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

Am I crazy or am I mis-remembering? Is there a conflagrant jewelry combine that doesn't require a vendor sold cleaning solution?

5.5k per combine to skill up and/or upgrade a trophy is brutal
  11. smash Augur

To do this with the diamond + cleaning sol, is way too expensive.
    Do BD+ vel sold in thurgardin is the way to go.
  12. Tutankamen Augur

Is there some reason the Blue Diamond Tiaras and so forth don't stack? It is an ENORMOUS inconvenience, as I'm always struggling with space. Why is it like this for JC, not for other Tradeskills? ALL of the higher level diamond and blue diamond combines do NOT stack.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Because it is a completed item that is not comsumable, its the same for tailoring, smithing & pottery. Baking, brewing and some fletching stack (arrows) as they are consumed.