The obvious xp problem

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran 99, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Vumad Cape Wearer

Fixed it.
  2. Sithsonn Elder

getguud.com
  3. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

You know, all this distilled down again shows that Devs just cannot avoid the influence of the top end gamers who think that new expansions need to "force" "restrict" etc....something on casuals who only lack playtime vs. them.

In the minds of this top end it's "skill differences" that matter.

But really at the end of the day it is only copious amounts of "playtime" that they possess that allows them to wade through the "forced fake difficulty" that is either in the game from things like "trials" or "forced engagement with a 2nd rate task system."

So grats top enders.... you get to enjoy the luxury of showing us your perseverance....if not your skill :)
  4. Evye Augur

Thanks Sokki! Never came across those posts and I must have gotten an old list.
    Lots of people have lots of neat ideas on the forums.

5. Shanarias Augur

Unless you are a member of Lions of the Heart, your opinion of what we do there is irrelevant, unless we are obstructing something you are trying to do in game. I would vote with my feet if we changed to suit you. And if you look at the membership roster of Lions, you will find literally thousands who feel the same way, or they would be in a "harder core" guild. J/S
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I honestly wouldn’t care what structure and philosophy each guild adheres to but Corwyhn is coming on the forums saying he and people around him cannot complete ToV tasks and missions when he has “the largest casual guild on Xegony” at his disposal.
  7. Zunnoab Augur

I am hesitant to say anything strongly quite yet, but this sums up my thoughts quite nicely.

The extremely low experience rate dramatically increases the punishment for death. Does that make it more fun? I am not complaining, but this is definitely a factor.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

It does not. But then again, I also prefer having Novocaine while having my teeth drilled.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

Here's what they could do to alleviate all of this frustration:

1. Put xp on all the merc tasks (you know, like it used to be prior to RoS?); 1% xp of current level upon completion; 3 (maybe 6) hour replay per task; put a low number of AA as an alternate reward so the high end players don't exploit them to farm AA

2. Put in new Teek kill tasks (100, 105, 110); 2% (maybe 1%) xp of current level upon completion; once per day

That way, causual players can log in and grind for an hour or two, see their xp bar move, and feel like they accomplished something.
  10. Tappin Augur

Would you mind speaking for yourself and not others? People don’t particularly like it when you put words in their mouth.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

He hasn't said everyone around him can't he has said some cannot. He chooses to help those who need help rather than doing things for himself, what is wrong with that? isn't that what a guild leader should be doing?

As a raider I have completed all quests and missions and at the end of some parts of it the group has gone, how do they expect group players to do that?

I've seen our social tanks get one rounded in ToV and go from full HP to zero in a blink of an eye. Strikethrough at the moment seems to be the culprit but it still doesn't help a non raid group get things done. We will get them through it but group content they really should be able to complete themselves.
    Eggolas likes this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

100 - 110 hot zones would be nice. :)
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I am not sure they were influenced by the top enders. Last couple beta's I saw top enders actually advocate for us more casual players.

I do agree that high end players who have no problems completing all the missions and can always get groups seem to be some of the ones arguing against letting some of us have decent grind exp but they are not the same people who advocate for us either. I know Allayna and some of his MS members were pretty good at trying to gauge difficulty levels for group players in ToV. Other high end raiders did the same.

The big mystery to me is why some people feel the need to argue against increasing grind exp. About the only argument that would make any sense is if it would take a massive amount of dev time. And to be honest I would consider the devs super foolish if they had not already worked out a method to easily adjust exp considering they were trying something very different from past expansions.

For some it almost seems as if its a knee jerk response to oppose any change. I just do not get it.
    Smithwick and Eggolas like this.
  14. enclee Augur

These strikethroughs are crazy. Sometimes, there's just nothing I can do to save my SK.
  15. Zunnoab Augur

Going through special abilities should be a rather rare exception and not common. I'm not saying it is common, but if it is I think that's a problem.

I want to add one thing that was probably said a bunch of times: it's absolutely nuts how the quest rewards are tuned. They should give some experience, in my opinion.

I actually really like that doing questing progression is worth a lot of experience in ToV. The problem is it's a one time huge bonus then nothing for many of the quests.
    Whulfgar and enclee like this.
  16. Whulfgar Augur

Yet there are alot of other quest's that offer up decidedly decent xp gains.

Lesson going doing all 4 grp missions (for example) can net you 40+ AA per win.
  17. Whulfgar Augur

And thats not counting any of the other quests that also grant xp gains per win as well after having completed them as well.
  18. enclee Augur

Didn’t think lesson was supposed to affect quest experience.

Also, round of applause to you for getting all 4 missions done in 30 minutes.
  19. Whulfgar Augur

three are easily obtained in 30 min.

The GD mission is impossible to fit into that 30 min rotation.

However nothing in game stops a single person in everyquest right now from using Lesson potions via Station cash store .. to bolster their xp gains.

Or would you disagree ?
    enclee likes this.
  20. enclee Augur

No, but I’m asking if LoTD actually works with mission rewards?