Please review ToV gear REQ / REC levels

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ayragon, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Ayragon New Member

Dear devs.

Please review the recommended and required levels for all gear in ToV. Having the T1 dropped gear REC 115 doesn't make it better than TBL gear until 114 (barely) and realistically only good at 115. Since T2 and Tradeskill is available then at 115, whats the point?

Also, since lots of casual players likely won't hit 115 for some time, and possibly not before the next expansion comes out , they might miss the ToV gear opportunities all together.
    Caell, Tarvas, Skuz and 9 others like this.
  2. Absolutt Journeyman

Totally agree with this, would love to see T1 and T2 required 111 and recommend 115 with the tradeskill gear required 115.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Petalonyx like this.
  3. Whulfgar Augur

Anything that may take time away from designing new content I would have to disagree with.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  4. Tucoh Augur

/signed

Basically every non-raiding character will amass a huge bag of gear they either can't use yet or won't help them until they hit 115, and if they're doing progression to level instead of grinding mobs or whatever, they'll probably have beaten the toughest content by the time they hit 115, making the gear kind of superfluous.
    Nennius, Corwyhn Lionheart and Yinla like this.
  5. Petalonyx Augur

Agree. Signed in to upvote.

Finding loot should be exciting. Making everything 115 really dampens this. It's not expected either. I put on several pieces only to realize later that they were providing 0 stats!
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. bortage spammin lifetaps

I can't imagine this would have to be done by the guys doing new content, isn't this sort of thing just XML? Anyone can do XML, get the security guy to do it
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Zerker1231 Lorekeeper

leave T1 alone its entry level gear 110 is where it should be req.

T2 should be 110 req- 113 rec. T3 should be 115
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

Guess somebody does not watch the videos they put out prior to each expansion..

She (holly) has stated the dev staff of eq is small and when they launch new titles for the various games unddr the dbg umbrella that they do in fact pull devs from other games to help launch new stuff for other games.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  9. Tucoh Augur

What justification do you have for anything more than 110 required and recommended, when ToV is designed for level 110 players to be able to get T3 gear?

If anything, drop that to 105 required and 110 recommended. I could go back in time to my team I beat TBM with and take out Griklor.
  10. bortage spammin lifetaps

I mean, T1 ToV gear is req 110 rec 115 and T2 ToV gear is req 115 rec 110 so even if they can't get the security guy at the front desk to do it it's still obviously a bug, there is zero reason to have gear that scales from 110 if you can't equip it until 115
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

T1 should be 110 req AND reccomended.
  12. Scorrpio Augur

I dunno about that. One needs to consider the target audience and the future. Newcomers, returnees, alts. Those who might decide to sell a krono or two and turn to bazaar as their uograde route.
    At 92, there is Fear Touched (Boreal), rec 95 option, which is great. At 100 and beyond, as people mostly level via HAs, there is Latent/Manifested Etheric, Castaway on baz, or the TBM stuff. The TBM req100/rec105 augs are pretty good.
    For 105, one may watch for Cohort rots in EoK, but with level cap raise, EoK is gonna be getting rather empty. As we look ahead, folks will likely be reaching 106 in a mix of Castaway/TBM, without much chance to pick up EoK gear. Next stop: Conflagrant (req 106/ rec 110) Cause without Selrach, RoS named are gonna be nasty.

But riddle me this: how many new/returnees/alts these days reach 105 with Tideworn/Highwater gear? Due to progression locked nature of TDS, practically none. People generally skip it, only returning much later to get their heroic AAs.

So yeah, those who were actively playing at 110 when TBL was endgame, have had ample chance to get TBL group gear, but I am afraid that now, TBL will be going the way of TDS. Wasn't there already a 'TBL is ghost town' thread recently?

Characters reaching 105+ in the future will most likely not getting to 110 in Battleworn or Triumphant. Likely not even Weeping. They will be wearing Conflagrant, and Snowbound, even reduced due to rec115, will be a huge upgrade.

Also, for anyone saying that Snowbound will get replaced with T2 upon reaching its full stats at 115: not for all. ToV T2 is prestige.

So yeah, it WOULD be nice if Snowbound was 110/110, and an upgrade over Battleworn right away, but it is really not designed for those who got to spend past year at cap farming TBL...
    Mithra and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  13. Whulfgar Augur

Fact check..

You can in fact put ToV T1 gear on .. at level 110.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Problem with TOV T1 gear is it has no luck on it, which makes it the same or barely better then GMM gear. For those who jumped from RoS visables to TOV1 visables it is great, if they did TBL visables again it is barely an upgrade, especially as you do not get full stats until level 115.

T2 gear and tradeskill gear is not equipable until level 115, so there are no upgrades during the leveling process, even augs require level 115.

Both Kael and Velks missions are considerably harder than EW & GD and are a good chunk of the leveling exp. What is the point of the huge achievement exp for those missions at level 115? If players manage to get those missions done before level 115, what is the point of gear increases when the difficult content has already been completed?
    Vumad and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  15. bortage spammin lifetaps

I don't think you're understanding my posts and I'm not sure if it's poor phrasing on my part or not, of course you can put T1 on at 110, the point is that T2 is rec 110 for absolutely no reason
  16. Whulfgar Augur

Perhaps .. but you ended your post (which we are both referencing here exactly like this)

To which I simply fact checked. You can in fact put on T1 armor at 110. Because your last sentence here makes it appear that you can not put T1 ToV armor on until level 115. Which is patently wrong across the board.

So I wanted to patently correct by stating exactly that ToV T1 grp armor is exactly equitable at level 115.That is all.
  17. Qbert Gallifreyan

T2 gear isn't recommended 110, it has no recommended level.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

To add to this if it is showing as recommended 110, check the augs you have in it. :)
  19. smash Augur

Would say T1 Tov 1 should be req 111 and recomm 112.
  20. Petalonyx Augur

The big issue is solely with T2 gear. It should be useable before 115.

Let's not lose focus.
    Yinla likes this.