Just going to say it, you are killing the game.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by InnerDruid, May 6, 2019.

1. Funky Augur

a lot of us have someone that streams the events... you can use that to make your own strat... you have to remember, a strat that 1 guild uses may not work for another simply based around the raid makeup... 1 that has more tanks/healers compared to one that has more dps for instance may not be able to burn through some mechanics where as the one with more dps can.

also a lot do not want to share strats right off the bat because there is the little race to who figures out their own strat to beat an event first.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. kizant Augur

There's no race for keys so I'm sure someone would explain their strats if asked. But with enough AE healing you can ignore a lot of whats going on. I have gina triggers in my videos that I'm too lazy to turn off for things I don't usually care about. As far as avoiding auras and such.
    Yinla and Sancus like this.
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Um, pretty sure at least one raid guild streamed live on Friday, and I know RoI streamed last night. So...nope.
    Nennius likes this.
  4. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

I never understood why some take issue with a top raiding guild recruiting players from other guilds. It is the player's choice after all. People leave for all kinds of reasons. Regardless, anything at the top of its category gets scrutinized.

Everything those players do with their characters is possible for everyone else who plays. What the top raiding guilds do better is organize a group of players who want to be the best at defeating the challenges EverQuest offers. Even within their ranks there are levels of dedication to that. In the times I have played, in general, I find most players are helpful to other players in all aspects of the game, regardless of their guild tag. EverQuest players tend to share information.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Same reason people hate the person their ex leaves them for, as opposed to blaming the ex or blaming themselves or blaming the fact that they weren't for each other. Human nature.
  6. kizant Augur

Joining a better guild is like getting a promotion. You should be happy for your friends. :(
    Daedly, Sancus and German like this.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

People play the game for years and sometimes to keep having fun it means changing things up. Sometimes that is going to a raid guild and sometimes that is going to a casual guild. As long as the player in question is having fun and not being scammed into thinking they are getting something they aren't then you wish folks the best and hope they enjoy the game.

I am very clear to folks that I run a casual guild but if they want raiding they are always welcome to join us until they get to the point they are ready for raid
    Nennius and Sancus like this.
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

We would, but it takes a long time in ToV to get that XP back from that 90 we took.

I kid, but from a game design stand point, there's really just no reason to not give pallies a 96% combat rez or a rez-later call.

Speaking of game design, I mentioned in the past easier raids. Simply add a zone wide buff that increases DPS by X% and reduces damage taken by Y%. Then compensate for this reduced difficulty by removing the TS armor drops, T3 spells, only 1 weapon drops and reduce currency earned by half. From a development stand point, this should be super easy (This already exists in reverse, EoK, Essence of the Dragon, bonus chests, etc.), allows weaker guilds to be more self-sufficient while taking an appropriate penalty, and reduces poaching. Once they have the strats down, they can step up to the full event, and the loot tables would motivate them to do so, or if they have a poor turn out they can stay in the softer version of the event rather than canceling the night. It's good for them in every way. The event requires no tuning/dev time beyond adjusting the loot table and the zone wide buff.

I totally get the "charity" approach and I totally support the idea, but there are some really easy ways to balance difficulties over play times. I hate to be blunt, but the "strong should help the weak" is a cop-out way of discussing such problems.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

10. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

Never get jealous when you see your ex with someone else. Look at it as giving a used toy to the less fortunate!
  11. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

On a serious note. If you reach out to a end game raid guilds raid leader and ask for a basic strat to pass a raid they have previosly completed they most likely will give you something to atleast work with. Might not be a complete strat but might give a better understanding of how the event works. End game raid guilds are not always jerks. We normally are only jerks to other end game raid guilds.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

The struggle.

The struggle is where EverQuest butters its bread. Once you understand this, you understand the game. All the pieces are there in front of you. You go get your palace, Yul Brenner!
  13. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Sounds like you have a very reasonable and objective viewpoint on the topic. I respect that. It's really hard for a lot of people to not feel burned when someone they've spent a significant amount of time helping someone turn right around and join another guild. In the most egregious cases it was their plan all along.

It happens though, on both sides. I would guess it's probably been a decade or longer since any top guild has not lost or gained a member through recruitment.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This is the reason we at least try the events before looking to other guilds for event tips. Didn't see any of the T1 raids in beta and we finished the last one last night, but then again we stuck to our normal raid schedule.

Nothing worse than having a guild mate say RoI does this or Machin Shin does that, knowing full well we don't have the raid make up to do things the same. Sometimes it is better to go in blind and figure things out yourself. :)

But I am thankful to those who have explained mechanics to me that I just don't understand. EQ has got complicated and I'm getting old! :)
  15. Funky Augur

lol yes EQ has gotta much more complicated than it was back during say velious doing a CH rotation or mostly just auto-attacking/kick/bash with a few spells.

there isn't anything wrong with someone saying another guild does it a different way... just a different perspective. but that does not mean that strat will work for you. but being able to see the mechanics and what to expect going into an event can be very helpful
    Yinla likes this.
  16. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Uh, we already do, so not sure what your point is there.
    Yinla likes this.
  17. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

I understand why you might be upset with the player, the other guild...not really. It is not their fault the other player has wandering eyes.
  18. Dyna Elder

I don't understand...used to it had both!

Raids that were progressive for people who play hour and hours and can wait for raids.
    We have played 17 plus years and we are thinking of giving up our five accounts.
    We cannot get through the smoke trials and we are way past the level it should start and our equipment is higher past the RoS conflag which should be what you had when the smoke trials should be started.
    These are GROUP things but an average group can't get through it at least mine and our friends can't and we have moved along at our own speed all of these years!

my biggest beef is that I can't even visit what I paid for and now we bought ToV and again I am a wiz. don't get any beginning port spells. Traveled to the zone in and was killed at the merchant dealer, tried again, had to evac and found myself not in a safe place but between yellow see invis mobs with no place to go?

I feel like the new game designers are laughing at our frustration and the very non fun that we have had since RoS. Games are supposed to be a relaxing after work "play" and anyone wanting more had raid materials to keep them stressed. Now we all have to be raiders with average group equipment and we are not going to make it through any expansion until they are green to us in previous expansions and we can finally maybe make it through the stupid not fun Lava trial!
  19. Dyna Elder

I have seen it both group and raid but People are embarrassed to say hey we can't hack it.
    I would love a count for instance of those who have not passed the smoke trials.
  20. Whulfgar Augur

Good thing that a box crew 110 casual player's can beat every mission / partisan / merc in ToV easily ..

All they have to do is literally put time in to actually do them..

Then they will easily have the power (yes even casuals) to run back an defeat the smoke trials.