Raid Loot Lockouts, Expedition lockouts.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lisard, Jan 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Scorn, where do you live? I'll take you out to the club and pay for some VIP time with your favorite. It's the least I can do for all the great laughs you've given us in the meme thread.

Oh, you said titles.
    Scornfire likes this.
  2. akomode New Member

I would like to point out no one had an issue with this during TBL.

A number of people would run the Fighting fire mission on alts and bring in their main to loot the chase drop. They did this because it was the best way for them to get the drop on the toon they wanted the drop on.

now that was group content but it is the same effect.

So think about what your asking and if it is what you want to happen. If you lock mission / raid / task on request. then only those in the "raid, task, Mission will get loot from it"

This would mean no more passing loot to those that were in there. it also mean no more task adds being offer out because no one will be able to be added.

How many people got a task add to Ada or other merc/ partisan quest? How many people got added to ToV missions with out being in the group?

How many of you got your TBL chase loot because some one else ran the mission and offer it up when it was not the drop they were after.

How many people sat on the bench during a raid and then came in after to loot something?

How many of you are FnF in a guild and was offer loot when you didn't do the raid?

My point is there are many times when players are rewarded because other players are able to Add them to a Task, mission, or raid after the fact. It been that way for years.

Are those that have a problem, feel that this something that needs to change understand that what they are saying is going to cause more harm then it will solve?

If ANYONE can beat a raid using alts. and they want to double up the loot on mains. Putting a lock out system in place where you can't add people after the fact will not stop them.

Step 1 split you mains into lets say 3 groups. Fill the rest of the raid with alts. Go beat the event.
    Step 2 Everyone switch to a different toon. Again 1/3 main and the rest alts. Go beat the event.
    Step 3 Everyone switch again and again 1/3 main and the rest alts. Go beat the event.

You now gotten 3 times the loot all going to mains because you beaten the event 3 times.

As the system is currently you have more pro then cons.

Pro you can give loot to people on the bench ( this is great because you can move people around to make up what you need for each event and those that offer to sit are not SOL on loot) .
    Pro I know many people do it but as loot starts to rot you can sell or give it away in general.
    Pro Task adds and mission adds ( I have a cleric alt and some times a mission needs a healer. The fact I can play the healer when need and add in another toon I want the credit on is a great thing imo. )

If you want the devs to change the way it currently work at least tell me you not going to be QQ about the change after the fact because you can't see beyond single minded thought you have so see how everything people have been doing for years is the same as what MS did. O and MS was not the first do split raids a number of guild over the years have done split raids to get mains loot faster. if your going to use alts to get loot you still have to know how to play the alts and be effective with them so you can beat the event.
    Funky and Yinla like this.
  3. That0neguy Augur

How is anyone even trying to justify this as ok?
    Raid on mains, get loot, get lockout.
    Raid on alts, get loot, give loot to mains who already had the lockout?

Why even try and spin the story to justify it. Just own up.

Also good job on screwing up DZ's and loot for everyone after the dev's butcher trying to fix this in the next patch.
  4. Laronk Augur

Well tier 2 might not be one shot by everyone =)
  5. Atvar Augur

Unless there was some exploit that I didn't know of, you could NOT do that with fight fire. The only way to invite the main to the task was if they didn't have a lockout. So yes, I would FIRST run the mission on my alt to get a drop. If it did drop, I'd log on the main WITH NO LOCKOUT timers to grab said loot. If not, I'd run it again on the main for another chance. Then do it all again 6 hours later when the lockouts were up.

You could NOT join someone else's mission if you already had a lockout - I would've been done weeks sooner if that were the case.

You could NOT drop and re-start the task because as soon as the first mob died, you'd get a loot lockout.
  6. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

In most group missions/tasks, if you *have a lockout* from previously completing the mission/task, you cannot be added to someone else's task after the loot chest is opened. mostly this is because the task locks at some point specifically to prevent that from happening. so task-adds have to happen before the win (and therefore before the winners get their own lockout timer)...

to me, the easiest conceptual solution to this would be to add a raid instance task-lock on the kill.. it would mean an end to alt-loot, but if we're all raiding on our alts anyways because the expansion is easymode, that doesn't matter. and... to prevent it from stopping people from being added for the next event, to put each event in its own instance/task. this would probably be more complicated to implement than it sounds.. but still, it would work to eliminate this exploit.
    Maedhros likes this.
  7. Zaray Augur

so what you're saying, is be careful what you ask for guys.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

So do what everyone else does..

Make a fake "new account" handle .. an post them ..

Boom .. done and you get to actually show who's doing what.
  9. Whulfgar Augur

I mean .. literally LOOK .. at ALL THOSE NEW ACCOUNTS BABY ! !

they all to scared to post on they REAL account .. or link their real account's name to them there shiny brand new "new accounts" they post on.

Come on fella's dont be shy .. Post from yall's MAINS ..
    Lannin, Leex, Allayna and 1 other person like this.
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

The race died the second flagging was no longer a thing. You just have this need to have your ego stroked, so you will do anything to draw attention to it. Included in this - a blatant abuse of the loot lock out rules. Enjoy your vacation when it comes, though! The second leg of the "race" will be a bit tougher if it's 30 days as you'll get both your mains and alts a ban for what you streamed yourself doing.
  11. kyong Augur

Things sure have changed alot. I preferred when there were a few mobs, no instances and a week spawn time.

How about the second you get added to the instance you get a lockout, 6 hours to finish and it's account wide for a week!
    Whulfgar likes this.
  12. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I have no doubts what you were told by a Dev or whatever in beta regarding "cactusgate". I still would not have done it. Case in point: I was not suspended for doing it because I didn't partake. If it sounds too good to be true, it is.
    Lannin likes this.
  13. That0neguy Augur

Almost like finding a way to get loot from a boss you already have a lockout on right? Just sounds sketchy and probably something you shouldn't do.
  14. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

Or its doing exactly whats allowed by following a dev that says do what you want with the reward.
  15. Floor New Member

On the TLPs for some zones like ToV or SSRA you get zone wide lockouts for killing trash. ToV is really hard to clear in one instance at the start of velious so most guilds do some of it in one instance and then use this bug to kill the boss mobs 3 days later.
  16. That0neguy Augur

That only works if you ignore the other 90% of his message about the intent of loot and lockouts. When you take the last line out of context. Sure you are right.
  17. That0neguy Augur

This is not even close to what those guilds are doing. You also have replay lockouts on those raids which prevent doing this type of thing.
  18. Floor New Member

Thats exactly what we did in velious. I've played on every tlp since fippy. We spread ToV over two nights because we can't do Dozekar and LTK and north and Vulak in six hours.
  19. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

We do not mind if people are added late to a raid, as long as all participants in the raid get a lockout. We are not saying you cannot add an alt later to give the alt the reward, as long as all participants in the raid itself get a lockout.
    That is the line here. We want any group of people participating in a raid to only be able to do it once per lockout period. Once they get to the point of having the reward, they are free to do with the reward what they want.”
    I do not see it saying anywhere you cannot loot anything more then 1 time per lockout period. I see it says you cannot participate more then 1 time.
    Funky likes this.
  20. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

Show a post where a dev says you cannot loot more then once per lockout period and i will man up and i will admit i am wrong. The fact that we beat these raids on alts was definetly a challenge and super fun. Chosing what we did with the loot was our own decision. If this was a stright up exploit the suspension hammer would have came down the second the devs found out. If the devs come back and say this was ok i would bet my left nut nobody pointing their finger at us is going to be a man and admit they are wrong. They will find something else to complain about.
    Funky likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.