Next TLP Suggestion (From a Boxer)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Master Kahleem, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Master Kahleem Augur

I've been on almost every single TLP server that has come out over the years (I skipped Phinny), and although I'm a heavy multi-boxer I'm really not looking for a non-truebox server as the next TLP. I know, it's expensive to have 6 PC's to 6box, and the radiation from my monitors is probably not good for my skin or my eyes, but there are more problems that need fixing first.

A LOT of old-world quest items need to be less rare, or more modernized to prevent blocking by only a few individuals. There are certain keying items that end up blocking hundreds, if not thousands, of other players because of a few people afk-macroing with an auto-click macro on a world spawn. Just as an example...

The game just wasn't designed for the numbers that TLPs still attract, and then people quit because they can't progress or they can't meet aggressive guild deadlines without being toxic.

The last few TLPs my hardcore guild I was a part of got stuck because a lot of people started quitting from stress because certain keying items were being over-camped or trolled by a handful of people. This shouldn't still be an issue today.

So, although I'd REALLY like to not truebox anymore there are still a TON of other "Quality of Life" issues that need to be improved/fixed before we go that route.

I'd REALLY like to just implore the devs to do a FV ruleset version of Selos with longer unlock times per expansion with bottlenecks removed/modernized.

Pretty please :)
  2. taliefer Augur

what quests in particular are you talking about? becuase they have taken a whole lot of steps to make many quests more available.

VP key for instance, its much easier than ever before on TLPS. but the base quest itself is absolute garbage, so theres not a whole lot more they can do short of re-designing the quest itself
  3. Master Kahleem Augur

Last time I played VP keying was still an absolute nightmare, and a LOT of our guild members skipped it. Luclin keying, etc etc. It's still really bad. They could easily add more spawns, shorten spawns, or reduce respawn times.
  4. Machen New Member

They did, all of the above.
  5. taliefer Augur

I have a hard time believing you have played on any TLP since phinigel if you didnt know they have done literally all 3 of your suggestions for every step of the VP key. and you certainly weren't a part of any kind of "hardcore" guild by any sensible definition of the word if you weren't aware of the changes.

they can only polish the turd that is Kunark design so much, but they have tried.

VT key has never been half as bad as VP. theres the early contested camps of course, but it slows down pretty quickly. theres really nothin they need to do to change that particular quest
  6. Master Kahleem Augur

Clearly our definitions for what constitutes a "nightmare" is different, and yes i've played on every TLP except for Phinny. I disagree with most of what you've said, but there's that too I guess. :)

They can always improve it more, and saying they don't have a choice is nearsighted at best.

They can always do more, and bottlenecks (such as a ground spawn, or 'rare' mob that people can charm and troll for an item drop) are always able to be changed or improved.

Stop being toxic pls :D
  7. That0neguy Augur

Calm down sir. There were only 14 guilds that killed PD on mangler. Only 6 of them in the 1st month that would of had to deal with the auto clickers. Hardly the "thousands" of impacted people there.
  8. taliefer Augur

hardly being toxic just because i dont agree with your statements. they have taken steps to make every keying quest more tolerable. short of removing the need for a key, what more do you want.

I am hardly someone that defends the devs on these servers, i think they make alot of stupid decisions. but the VT and VP keys are about as easy as they can make them, unless you are wanting to just walk to every quest piece and have it instantly handed to you.

and if you had indeed played on these servers recently, you would know you cant just auto click away on the ground spawns anymore. if you want to call my skepticism of your claims of playing on so many TLPs toxic, then i guess thats your right.
    That0neguy likes this.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

The competitive eq player is more and more rare.

They need to embrace the casual.
  10. AlaskaJay Lorekeeper

That's because the idea of being competitive about content we were apart of clearing when we were much younger would be like getting competitive over tee ball as a grown up. I suspect most of the people who lose their sanity trying to grind TLP raids were the ones who never got to be there during the heyday. This is their chance to show Billy he can hit a home run too! It's just 20 years later..
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

I think its mostly just due to the fact that its the frequent releases and fracturing of the playerbase. It certainly doesn't help that hacking has generally gone unmitigated on servers either.

Plenty of us would love to go smash some homeruns on the tee ball field.
  12. AlaskaJay Lorekeeper

Fair point. Things have been allowed to get out of hand on a lot of the TLPs with hacking and certain programs. But lets be real nothing is stopping people on Mangler (Luclin) getting keyed and going to crack off belters in VP right now. If it was about just seeing and enjoying the content no one would care. But the must be first-ism is absolutely out of control. Hell, that mindset is the reason so many people use things to cheese the system. One group uses and abuses while the other pisses and complains but the are both infected with the same brain tumor to need to do it in era.
  13. Hdizzle Augur

The only remaining bottle necks I can think of that truly delay someone progressing their toon are wizz/enc epic quests? maybe? idk. First hand anecdotal evidence, I completed a VP key on Mangler with a necromancer and it took fri afternoon- Sunday afternoon about 2 weeks into Kunark. Its never been easier to raid classic content then on an AOC TLP.

The only QoL improvement left is the one you absolutely care about as a six boxer and that's just take the stupid truebox thing off. And it should be FV ruleset and they will sell lots of Krono and probably need to split it into two servers.
  14. likestobox Lorekeeper

All we do ( myself included ) is look forward to a new tlp, get stupid rulessets, then complain all year until the next one comes out. We need to stop getting all these stupid fast expansion unlocks and actually enjoy some of this content because before you know it you in dodh and that just gets boring. The way the servers are now, you pretty much can't take a week break and if you do you have a lot of catching up before the next expansion. Since the last 6 or so servers favored non boxers it is only fair to have atleast 1 of the next ones non true box.... If you don't like boxers then you seriously DO NOT need to play on that server, like I have not played on any of the true box ones.

On a side note why do True box fanatics complain so dang much?
  15. Fraggly Augur

They insist on playing on the most populated server and complaining it in to what they want. Even if DPG ever released a standard server they will see non 3rd party boxers and hoot 'n' holler till they are banned, 'cause all boxers use macaroni or IS or they are liars, all the while the real 3rd party users remain. It's almost as if they are on a crusade to end the non-cheater boxing community, full well knowing the real cheaters will be unscathed by their efforts. It's a mystery. o_O
  16. Sikkun Augur

I’d like to know the number of people that actually got their VP ground spawns in the first month without using special maps, someone calling out locations for them using special maps, or at minimum being given spawn timers from guildies....using special maps. Same with AJ and a couple other parts of the key. Sure it’s not Macroniquest level....but just take out the bottlenecks that have people cheating anyway. VP should be the challenge, not a ground spawn.
  17. Bard2019 Elder

Ground spawns were easy enough, just time consuming. AJ and Pained Soul on the other hand was a cluster of cheats that the GMs and devs don't appear to even want to bother addressing. Their comments are always something along the lines of saying that not everyone is meant to complete the quest, but that's as good as saying that only the cheaters deserve access to Veeshan's Peak while the people that don't, are out of luck. As that's been the case on the past few TLPs. It was so bad on Mangler that we had a guide sit in the zone and watch a guy warping all around, even commenting and confirming it was a cheat, yet flat out told us that there was nothing that he could do about it.
  18. Sikkun Augur

Easy enough because people have a trigger set up to alert them when the spawn happens and then a cluster of people all make a B-line for an item in the game instantly that they shouldn’t know has popped or exactly where it has popped. I’m sure it dies down after awhile but people don’t even view that program as cheating anymore.

I agree AJ and PS are worse for the less acceptable cheats though.
  19. Basak Augur

I just think all the pieces for VP and VT keys should have a quested alternative for the pieces, it would mean writing in new quests and such but I think it would be a good idea for them.
  20. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Wonder what people would pay for a hack that bypasses all keyed or flagged zones from classic to POP. :p