Fippy Server Flagship for Darkpaw

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gherig, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

It seems that the natural marketing move would be figuring out what to do with Fippy Server, since its literally the heartbeat of the company's Ethos now. Being an eternally TDS locked server, stuck in some sort of TLP limbo forever just doesn't seem right.

Currently about 10-15 unique accounts log in from time to time daily and 3-5 people is max prime time population. It seems that Fippy should get some sort of revival to either finish its TLP journey or be converted into some special Flagship Server.

I have no answers on what to do that will make everyone happy, it just seems a real shame this server is now so relevant to the company ... but so obsolete.
    LadyRanger, Aenvar, jeskola and 2 others like this.
  2. jeskola pheerie

This is a good point. Time to bump up server merge script in priority, dust off that work from the failed Vulak/Fippy merge script, and try again.
  3. That0neguy Augur

Should just delete this server and then start a new one in march with the same name.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just name change Fippy. so they can re use the name for a new server in march.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Kragin Augur

Let's assemble a team & take it to live, time to SUIT UP
  5. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

I always wanted to do a "Weekend Fippy Day" -- every expac we pick a weekend weeks ahead of time, then combine everyone into one or two raids and just bang it out each time

Fippy right now feels like that 67 Mustang you have had on the side of the garage for 30 years always saying you are gonna trick it out, but now your 60 and spend money on Grandkids not your old "Stang".
  6. Machen New Member

The expansions that Fippy is stuck on can't be just knocked out in a weekend. It would take a serious commitment on the part of a full guild worth of people to knock out most of the remaining expansions.
    Destany and Kragin like this.
  7. Trox2010 Augur

Just turn Fippy into the PvP TLP server.....
  8. Machen New Member

Not much different than "just go play on Zek." It's almost to live.
  9. Trox2010 Augur

True but then they can't ask for a PVP TLP anymore (even though they still will).
  10. Machen New Member

If you think a server that's nearly to live will stop them from asking, you haven't been paying attention.
  11. That0neguy Augur

Those people wouldn't even know how to play toons that far into EQ. Watching them PVP would be hilarious to see the one guy who knows which AA's, spells, and abilities to use decimate everyone else who is just auto attacking.
  12. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

I had money on this guy showing up eventually. Now we just need the "Merge with Corinav" crowd to check in.
  13. code-zero Augur

Yep, that's why they are afraid of Zek
  14. Trox2010 Augur

Guess I should have marked my post with the /s for the person that can't sense it unless it punches them in the face.

Hint for ya; turning Fippy into the PvP TLP wouldn't make a difference since the 3 people that actually play on such a server wouldn't make a difference anyways. Also as That0neguy said it would end up being the one maybe two people that have a clue on the game that far into its life cycle will completely decimate everyone else and driving them from the server. Of course then they would be back on the forums whining because no one plays said server.
  15. Nojhi New Member

If there are 3 people that play on the server, how would someone decimate people? You can't kill .3 people?
  16. Aneuren Tempered Steel

When I read OP's post, tons of ideas started streaming through my mind. Then I thought about my characters there, what a gut punch that was. Those are some strong memories.

It would be nice to see something truly cool and unique for the Fippy server, but how sad it would make me to lose those characters - even though I do not play them any longer.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Fippy would be an awesome name for a "classic seasonal" server that went from classic to pop wiped & restarted again, would fit right in with how Fippy behaves.
    Vexn likes this.
  18. Numiko Augur

What expansion is it stuck on?
  19. Machen New Member

Agree. They would need to xfer those characters somewhere.
  20. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Just give it the burial it deserves.