Beastlord molo, dual box, or tri box?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Telora, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Telora New Member

Been leveling a bst on FV and thinking about boxing with it. What would be good 2 or 3 box options or would I do just as well moloing?
  2. Chorus Augur

For a bst, it sort of depends on your playstyle. They pair well with any of the tanks, a druid or a mage. Probably even necro, but I haven't tried that particular combo. Like bard, bst pair up well with pretty much everything though. My trio is Bard/War/Beast and haven't found anything I couldn't figure out how to do with that setup.
  3. Waldagar Augur

BST + Bard makes for a very strong combo. Sprinkle in mercs as the situation requires. Have you thought about BST + BST? The ability to alliance, forceful Rejuv, alliance on two BSTs is a boat load of fun!
  4. Tucoh Augur

5. Telora New Member

Not feeling the double bst (prefer more variety in my boxes) but I can get behind the bard. I'd it worth adding a third to that pair and if so what would work best?
  6. Eyezing Lorekeeper

I'm boxing 2 bsts and a bard. I'm on top of the world
  7. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

I was boxing 2 Bsts, and a shaman until recently. I now box just the Bst/Shm, pretty epic combo.

Natural 3 boxing of 3 spell casting classes was making my head spin. I find with my shaman, if I get more then 2-3 mobs, I can click back and forth, casting my Salve heals on BST, and using AE Malo/Slow, then splashing/recourse, epic on shm, disc on BST and its pretty much game over for whatever I'm up against.

I'm sure other classes are fantastic to box with BST, because a BST makes any situation better :p
    Eyezing likes this.
  8. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

How hard was it to learn playing a bard? I’ve never played one above level 65 back in PoTime.

Worth the investment to box for songs/epic solely? Prob wouldn’t even move the bard unless I needed to DPS a named.
  9. Eyezing Lorekeeper

For my purposes, not hard at all! Just a couple hotbuttons to setup and you're pretty much good to go.

A couple melodies...
    1) 5 ADPS songs
    2) 3 ADPS songs + 2 non push nukes
    3) AE mez / adps twist for the oh .

If you can find something like drum from Lord negafin or branch from ToR to insta pull, it helps a bunch. Bellow can be troublesome, since the only time I feel the need to pull with bard is to either break in a camp or to pick out a particular mob, and I don't need that delayed DD from it firing off when I already split out what I wanted. Fading memories / silent displacement are great pulling tools as well.

There's a couple hot buttons to make for your burns, which are also adps.

A couple more for casting epic / FE together. Another for each of 3 BPs.

Selo's/double invis to get anywhere you want, quickly

And track!

That's pretty much it!

Meanwhile the 2 bsts are murdering and taking 95% of my attention on any given fight.
    Quatr and Goburs like this.
  10. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

Sounds like a no brainer to me....back to 3 boxing!
  11. Rakan New Member

Boastful Bellow isnt the pulling tool anymore, its a DPS click.

For pulling on your bard use sonic disturbance AA. Instant click agro, long range, short cooldown, no (or very low) damage.

12. Eyezing Lorekeeper

Sonic is on the same timer as silent displacement right? Im pretty sure I've avoided that one just to have a tool available to help split
  13. Szilent Augur

it isn't.

Disturbance, not Displacement.
  14. Funky Augur

sonic disturbance is like a 1pt of damage hit, kinda whatever the monk one is to tag a mob

sonic displacement is the same as silent displacement without the mem blur component
    Quatr and Eyezing like this.