The obvious xp problem

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran 99, Jan 19, 2020.

1. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

The only thing worse than the task system are high level trade skills /smirk
    Whulfgar likes this.
  2. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Way I figure, and honestly this whole fiasco has been such a buzzkill for me that the "care" level is at an all time low, but they will change the xp and save the game or sunset the game as it seems they want to. I am 90% out of the game as it stands.

If I had wanted to play a asian grind MMO for 14 hours a day to level I would play one. But that type of MMO is not for me. Maybe those at Fippy Darkpaw Games central will figure that out soon enough?
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The only practical way to exp up to 115 is doing the progression. Grind exp is so slow it forces folks to do progression because there is such a wide disparity between the two. A few deaths can make hours of grinding useless. ToV says if you cannot get all the progression done you will be punished by a much much longer grind period. For those that like it that way great but you should be more concerned about the people it may push away from the game.

Let's hope Daybreak is right that this will be better for the game and also that it isn't simply about them trying to push everyone to do progression regardless of whether it is good for the game.
    BadPallyGuildLeader and SteelToe like this.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

This is where I am. Been grinding for weeks and just getting tired of it. Started playing the last two days and then logged. Very discouraging.
    BadPallyGuildLeader likes this.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The devs won't be able to please everyone with expansion design.

I think ToV is helping more casuals than most expansions in EQ's history. A casual can log on for <30 mins, kill 6 mobs (Mercenary or Partisan task), and guarantee himself/herself 10-20% level XP after 3 tasks.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

LOL. It is not quite that easy for most casuals to get groups that fast to do their merc or partisan. Nice try though. But sad you would exaggerate so much. And getting the missions done are not as easy and without those casuals are back to grinding.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I thought you ran the largest casual guild on Xegony? Aren't groups and networks fairly abundant?

You don't even need a full group for most mercs and partisans. ToV mob difficulty is equivalent to TBL trash and easier than TBL named. A skilled casual can molo all T1 merc tasks (pick a safe spot). Most T1-T2 partisans and T2 mercs are 2-3 box-able (preferably with a paci class). The live giant guards make Kael merc tasks fairly manageable. There are lone spawns for Velketor merc tasks.
  8. enclee Augur

It’s a one-time reward. Why are you speaking as if it’s a repeatable option? The partisan tasks reward around 1% and mercenary quests mostly reward no experience, except for a few outliers.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I recruit as much as possible and try to create a friendly group environment BUT no groups are not overly abundant. I wish they were. Even in a large casual guild when you log in you deal with others being in the middle of doing things or working on something you don't need. In even the friendliest of casual guilds folks do not sit there waiting for a guildmate to log in to help them with something. I would never ever try recruiting players by insinuating everyone is sitting around waiting to help them. That would be totally dishonest.

You gave an intellectually dishonest example basically assuming instant group instantly being at the right spot to do the mission. It just isn't so. Add in the fact folks may not all be in end expansion TBL gear and it gets harder. Add in that if you are sub optimal groups you may get a series of deaths that hurt much much more then in the last several expansions.

Try to look past ONLY your experience and try to put yourself in the place of others. I get you are happy with the way things are. If others are not that doesn't invalidate your feelings.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

They are not repeatable but they are big boosts towards level 115.

I've suggested new Franklin Teek tasks in other XP threads. A set of 3 Franklin Teek tasks would reward 5% xp per day. That would guarantee 1 level every 20+ days and mitigate death xp loss.
  11. Tappin Augur

Exp belongs on the mob and given upon it’s death, not a task.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

But it seems that as a guild leader you should step up and organize? Or, do your guildmates lack discipline and respect? I have no right to judge here but there's different ways to run an organization instead of guild tagging randoms and having everyone do their own thing.

Faded Snowbound gear is abundant and cheap on my server. Weapons and non-vis slots aren't crazy expensive. And, if a player has All Access, they can gear up in GMM.

The complaints on the forums do not give ToV the credit its due in helping casual gameplay. Are we going to lower the bar so low that it becomes detrimental to the game (people will complain that ToV lacks challenge or goals)? The devs heard the feedback from TBL and tried to balance the game for all playstyles. Sure, it's an experiment but it seems to be helping rather than hurting most players.
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Does ToV XP design undermine your automated PL market?
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Benito I have run my guild for 20 years straight no breaks. Its always been active. I do not need you to tell me what I should and should not do :). And dude CASUAL guilds are not about DISCIPLINE. They are about playing CASUALLY. If folks want a disciplined approach to their FUN they join a RAID guild. The whole idea about most casual guilds is to be able to take a more casual approach to the game but still have fun and progress through the game.

And if Daybreak wants to enforce disciplined play that is their right. Best of luck to them in keeping the game going. Not sure about you Benito but I have played the game for 20 years straight. You go through disciplined and more casual play in all that time. But those who concentrate on disciplined play are the ones more likely to burn out.

Yep faded is super abundant and not worth it till level 114. That is one of the reasons it is so abundant but I guess that isn't gear you use although you seem to know all about it :).

Lower what bar? No one is asking for a bar to be lowered. All people are asking for is that grind exp give the same relative boost it gave in the last several expansions.

The problem is that for whatever reason devs are determined that everyone HAS TO do progression.

I suspect they are trying to discourage boxing without software.

Why would allowing better grind exp ruin the game? How is giving players the same relative exp per kill as past expansions ruining the game or lowering the bar? Seems to me we are just asking for the bar to stay where it has been for a long time not asking to lower it.
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Since you lead a casual guild you are in a unique position to help players more so than raid guilds focused on their raid schedules. You can work a calendar or appointment system to help guildmates knock out mercs, partisans, and missions. For example: The guild will work on EW/GD Mercs on Monday between 6PM and 9 PM PST, Kael Partisan on Tuesday at 7 PM to 9 PM PST, and so forth.

You can't outsource your leadership capabilities and opportunities to game design.

You are not forced to do progression. The XP rate is now what it was like it was in the vanilla to PoP era. The devs have merely incentivized tasks and achievements to create direction, challenge, and goals. There will be high dissatisfaction if players feel like they are merely grinding in reskinned Velious on training wheels.
  16. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Tappin == BadPallyGuildLeader.
    Benito likes this.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

C A S U A L.

Just put grind exp back the way it was for so many expansions prior to this one.
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I am surmising that ToV design is forcing you to confront your ability to lead as guildmates seek help for various tasks. This is your time to step up to the occasion instead of shirking responsibility to the old ways (everyone do their own thing and grind).

Edit: I know leadership is easier said than done. However, if the stresses of ToV design affects you, then it is time to adapt (leadership style or guild organization).
  19. Tappin Augur

CL, check out the boost the rogue mercs got. Your theory about boxing is partially correct.
  20. Benito EQ player since 2001.

What is the point of a casual guild then?

I suppose your management style is "log in and chill." Or, is it for your ego? The prestige (and bragging rights) without the responsibility?

This your time to shine. Help your people out with the tasks and missions. Set up a schedule.